Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Landscaping: YEWS HEDGES HELP

Communities > Forums > Beginner Landscaping
bookmark
Forum: Beginner LandscapingReplies: 2, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
CFruge
Wyanet, IL

April 11, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8488772

{ YEWS} Where online can I buy these I live IL and cant find them.. Also what is the spacing on planting these I need about 100ft worth.. thank you.. P.S .If you know any other hedges that would grow 6ft plus {tall} and stay green all year these would also work ..Thanks again Chad

This message was edited Apr 11, 2011 8:37 PM

This message was edited Apr 11, 2011 8:38 PM

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

April 11, 2011
8:55 PM

Post #8489103

Check out yews at Forest Farm
http://www.forestfarm.com/products.php?params=plantNameGenus:Taxus
Evergreen shrubs at Sooner
http://www.soonerplantfarm.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/plants.main/typeID/94/index.htm
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

April 18, 2011
2:56 PM

Post #8504517

There are companies that grow and sell just hedging plants and they come in all sizes, each type of plant you choose will tell you the planting distances for the size of pot the plants come in, also you will get planting instructions on the sites and the costing for the hedge you want, the plants can be sold as bare rooted (cheaper) or pot grown (more expensive) Whatever you choose, make sure you have the trenches dug and ready for the plants when they arrive, again the site / growers will give you best advice.
Look on the INTERNET for Hedging plants or tree nursery, they are the ones who grow them here in UK and I know there are sites in USA the same. good luck. WeeNel.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Landscaping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Landscaping forum! dave 65 Dec 11, 2011 8:57 PM
Landscape Transformation - join me! LarissaH 7 Mar 4, 2007 10:31 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new , and I need some landscaping help. Mrsfed04 32 Mar 9, 2012 9:12 PM
Encourage growth to Arborvitae carbo3595 15 Jul 2, 2010 8:11 PM
Update on our lanscaping situation. Mrsfed04 8 Jun 12, 2011 11:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America