Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

OFFERINGS AND WISH LIST for Mount Bethel Plant Swap May 14,

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

My computer is on and off today. Going to the computer doctor tomorrow, so I thought I'd get this started while I can.

Please list you offering with the number available first, then the name. As people request from your list, please add the person's name after the plant name and then reduce the reduced availability number.

Clear as mud???????????

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

here are the plants I can dig or have seeds for whoever wants them
pachysandra - Cricket
coleus - Stormy
plain green hosta
shasta daisy https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Yw5UARBWwQKUVA0CMYjg1A?feat=directlink
Verigaed Vinca http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7715430
I have a yellow & green ver. vinca I received plugs for.. not sure if they are hardy or not they were freebies
walking onion http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/31430/ NisiNJ
3 - tradescantia pink, purple, white mix - https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gsXxksTOrwvCeXKZW-ncBg?feat=directlink
3 - Black Beauty 1- Holly 2- Terri 3 - GardenQuilts (now gone)
chocolate mint - Loretta - Jen
variegated mint - Loretta

added 5/6/11
impatiens dazzler coral - http://wrightgardens.com/garden/impatiens-dazzler-coral-plant-p-329.html Teri - Jen - Gardadore
impatiens dazzler salmon - http://wrightgardens.com/garden/impatiens-dazzler-salmon-plant-p-336.html Stormy - Teri - Jen - Gardadore

Agastache Cuttings - Stormy
Coral Honeysuckle Cuttings - Stormy - Teri

added 5/9/11 - all tiny seedlings
Monarda Lemon Mint (if conditions are right it can be aggressive .. but we are far away from it's normal growing states)
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/301/
Agastache Raspberry Daiquiri - http://www.tmseeds.com/product/Agastache-Aurantiaca-Raspberry-Daiquiri/Shop_Perennial_Flower_Seed Stormy - NisiNJ

Agastache Aurantiaca Mix - http://www.tmseeds.com/product/Agastache-Aurantiaca-Fragrant-Mixed/Shop_Perennial_Flower_Seed

added 5/11/11 - potted last year and came back
6 - tradescantia - violet / purple
3 - Aster Jenny - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/78634/ 1-Teri 2- Gardadore

This message was edited May 11, 2011 10:38 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This is a tentative list. Of what should be available. I will make corrections if I need too.

Have
Perennials
Iris White
Artemisia Silver King
Vinca Major Variegated
Vinca Minor
Sedum Yellow creeping
Perilla:
Common Daylilies
Ornamental Grass Variegated (runner type not clumping)
Campanula Pink Octopus
Virginia Blue Bells
Mayapples
Hosta NOID Variegated

Herbs and Veggies
Comfrey:
Choclate Mint
Lemon Balm
Ornamental Peppers
Horseradish

Water plants
Pickerel Weed
Yellow Water Iris

Shrubs
Black Pussy Willow
Curly Willow
Trumpet Vine
Forsythia
Quince
Wisteria

Annuals
Alyssum -Mixed
Bacopa White
Begonias (Dwarf 6”) Dark Foliage
Begonia Dragon Wing
Ivy-Swedish White Fringed
Marigold Discovery
Marigolds Sweet Cream
Coleus

HousePlants
Blue Agave XXX
Peace Plant

This message was edited Apr 16, 2011 8:21 AM

04/13 OFFERINGS (looking good right now)

1...Blushing Susie Vines...1 to Stormy and 3 left...1 to dixiepa and 2 left...1 to HollyAnnS and 1 left
4...White Baby's Breath
2...Salvia Patens (can't resist this blue)...1 to Stormy and 5 left...1 to Dixiepa and 4 left...1 to NisiNJ and 3 left...1 to Wind and 2 left
21..Pansy Chianti Mix...1 to Dixiepa..............i to FlowaJen and and 21left
1...Lavender Munstead...1 to Gardadore and 1 left
0...Balloon Flower Fuji Pink...1 to Dixiepa and 2 left...1 to LorrettaNJ...1 to Cricket and NONE LEFT AT THIS TIME
0...Delphinium Magic Fountain Cherry Blossom w/ white Bee...1 to Stormy and 1 left...1 to Gardadore and NONE LEFT AT THIS TIME
2...Agastache Purple Haze...1 to Dixiepa and 2 left
0...Snapdragon Purple La Belle...1 to Gardadore and 2 left...1 to NisiNJ and 1 left...1 to LorettaNJ and NONE LEFT AT THIS TIME
1...Millet Purple Baron (looks great in center of large pot)...1 to Stormy...1 to Gardadore and 1 left
2...Nicotiana Fragrant Cloud...1 to Stormy and 5 left...1 to Dixiepa and 4 left...1 to NisiNJ...1 to Crickethill and 2 left

2 ...hosta...1 to Dixiepa and 2 left
0...pulmonaria...1 to Dixiepa.......................1 to Stormy AND NONE LEFT AT THIS TIME

Anyone want a piece of hosta (various but not able to id yet) or pulmonaria or Jacob Cline Monarda (these are ones that I'll be dividing while they are still very small)

I will edit this post as I become more sure of the results and I will date the next batch with a new date

ADDED 04/23/11

0 Verbascum Southern Charm...1 to Onewish....................1 to Gardenquilts AND NON LEFT AT THIS TIME

0 Potentilla Helen Jane..........................................................1 to Gardenquilts.........................1 to LorettaNJ AND NONE LEFT At THIS TIME

2 Jacob Kline Monarda.............................1 to Gardenquilts and 2 left

05/01/11***********************

I see that there will be some Sunshine Blue Caryopteris and Russian Sage ready for digging up. I won't mulch until we get out whatever we want. Please bring a container to hold water and whatever cuttings you want to take from the various shrubs. (Sand Cherry, Smoke Bush, Crape Myrtel, Lilac Josee, Helmut's Pilar, Weigela, several Hydrangea, and a few more.

This message was edited May 10, 2011 3:33 PM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Here's what I have so far
Liriope
Creeping Jenny
Rudbeckia(a bunny thought the potted up ones were a salad bar) I'll bring only the non-nibbled ones
a few chicks from hen and chicks-GardenQuilts
Found 2 lamiums I can bring 1 for Terri

This message was edited Apr 30, 2011 3:52 PM

This message was edited May 13, 2011 6:56 PM

This message was edited May 13, 2011 8:39 PM

Pequannock, NJ

Let me start so I can get things ready. I will add to this.
I have a lot of young seedlings of the following. Some are just germinated.

Angelica gigas - Allison, Teri, Stormy, Holly, Debbie
Hellebore foetidus - Stormy, Debbie
Ligularia dentata, green large leaves - Garadore, Debbie
Anthriscus sylvestris 'Ravenswing' - Stormy, Holly,Debbie
adding 4/27 - Rosa glauca seedlings - Debbie, Gardenquilts
5/2 geranium samobor seedlings, Wind, Debbie, Allison, Gardenquilts
Feverfew seedlings - Debbie

Starts of

Variegated Mint - Gardenquilts
Pycnanthemum muticum - Debbie
Golden Oregano - Allison, Holly, Debbie, Denise
adding 4/27 - winter jasmine nudiflorum - Stormy, Holly, Debbie
added 5/2 Sweet Woodruff, Debbie
2 Canadian Ginger - Wind, Stormy - checking for more
2 Variegated Petasites - Debbie
2 Variegated Solomon Seal - Debbie
2 European Ginger - Stormy, Holly - checking for more
2 Epimedium x Rubrum - Debbie, Allison, Gardenquilts
Double Ditch lilies - Kwanso -Gardenquilts
allium tuberosum - Debbie

added 5/2 Rooted:
2 Viburnum tribolum - Allison, Debbie
3 Callicarpa dichotoma seedlings of Issai - Cricket, Garadore, Debbie
2 Spirea japonica seelings w/ gold leaves- maybe more. Teri, Debbie
a few New Dawn rose, rooted - really a once bloomer - Stormy, Debbie, Denise (2), Gardenquilts? None left

Lady in Red hydrangea - Allison
Viburnum nudum Winterthur - flowajen

This message was edited Apr 19, 2011 4:38 PM

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 10:59 AM

This message was edited May 2, 2011 7:58 PM

This message was edited May 9, 2011 9:08 AM

This message was edited May 10, 2011 4:07 PM

This message was edited May 12, 2011 12:10 PM

This message was edited May 13, 2011 7:01 PM

Waynesboro, PA(Zone 6a)

I can bring mushroom soil pick up truck load full it is great for everything except acidic loving plants. I have no plants at this time sorry.

Waynesboro, PA(Zone 6a)

I will take anything and everything anyone wants to give me I am just starting my gardens so I have nada.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

So far I can definitely offer the following:

Centaurea Montana Blue ( almost unlimited - I will dig it as you order it!) Holly Ann; Dixiepa; Stormy;
Lunaria Barnseley House seedlings - unique purple leaves - a rarity. Again will pot up as ordered. Stormy; Gardenquilts; Wind
Lunaria variegated pink - variegated leaves the second year - many seedlings available. Stormy; RRR; Gardenquilts
3 Sedum Autumn Fire
2 Helleborus (white flower) RRR; 2 left

Added 4/23
St. John's Wort - ground cover Yellow flower
3 4 o'clock seedlings - can be any regular color or broken colors
2 Euphorbia Fireglow - this blooms with a fire orange color - quite spectacular - different from other euphorbias RRR; LorettaNJ;
4 Japanese Anemone Hadspen Pink - single pink flowers Wind;
4 Knautia Macedonica - mixed pastel colors or maroon LorettaNJ;
0 Lupines My Castle Red (Russell) RRR; NisiNJ's daughter
5 or more Monarda Jacob Cline (red)
2 Lilac Kim Dwarf RRR;

Added 4/28/11
4 Campanula Glomerata - deep purple flowers; perennial; spreads gradually Gardenquilts; 4 left

Added 5/10/11
3 Adenaphora Bullyana - kind of Ladybell; 2 ft. with blue flowers
2 Brunnera Langtrees (spotted leaves)
4 Chelone Hot Lips - Hard to get the root when digging up but must move some away from my hostas so let me know if you want any! Holly Ann;
3 Leptodermis oblonga (lilac like shrub) http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/LEOBP.html
3 Basil seedlings (mixed)
Veronica Mann's Variety - groundcover 4" deep purple flowers
Sedum rupestre Angelina - golden yellow groundcover easy to control Holly Ann;
Sedum groundcover don't know variety but blooms yellow flowers - same height as Angelina

Added for a friend who is coming with me. She will be digging out a lot of Pachysandra and Ferns if anyone is interested in those two items.

This message was edited May 10, 2011 10:52 PM

This message was edited May 10, 2011 11:04 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This message was edited Apr 17, 2011 7:26 PM

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

just saving our spot ...hope we can make it...my schedule is still iffy... =0

I'm starting a bunch of seeds tomorrow. I can't believe I didn't get them going by St. Patty's Day!!!!!!!!

Diana

FINALLY getting our list together!!! We look forward to coming next weekend!

Haves (keep checking back - I will be adding more and updating)

• 2 Callicarpa dichotoma purple beautyberry 4” pots - 1 onewish (1 left)
• 1 fern
• 2 sedum liveforevers
• 1 apple mint Woolly Mint, Mentha suaveolens http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/300/
• 3 ‘compost’ cherry tomatoes
• Plenty of untreated Harris seeds for direct sow: Swiss Chard Northern Lights
• 5 Shiso perilla seedlings (beware will self sow like crazy, nice burgundy garden color) - 1 onewish (4 left)
• 3 Hops vine, Humulus lupulus
• 1 Sea oats
• 4 Tomatillo’s - 2 onewish (2 left)

1 Sweet autumn clematis (Roses)
Chianti tomato (NisiNJ)

This message was edited May 9, 2011 9:02 PM

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

This list is definitely a work in progress. I know it's getting late.

HAVE:

Partial list of tomato plants. More (especially heirloom varieties) to be added later:

Better Boy
Big Beef
Big Boy
Ramapo (LOTS of these)
Super Beefsteak
Supersonic (LOTS; actually bought a whole flat)
Mortgage Lifter
Super Sweet 100
Jelly Bean
Tommy Toe
Goldman's Italian American (can't wait to try this one)
All four colors of Brandywine: Pink, Red, Yellow and Black, plus OTV (these are limited, have to check)
(Pink is Sudduth strain, Red is Landis strain, Yellow is Platfoot strain)
Roma (wintersown and really small)
Hilbilly
Stupice
Kellogg's Breakfast that are still small and inside under lights

Also:

Tricolor sage

WANT:

French marigolds
Lily of the Valley
Blooming perennials that are not over 2 feet tall

This message was edited May 6, 2011 10:28 PM

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Just a short note from Teri that she is continuing to have Computer problems accessing the Internet so she asked me to let you know she will be out of communication here for a couple of days! I can pass any info onto her by telephone if there are any pressing questions!

Jessica

This message was edited Apr 28, 2011 11:52 AM

Pocono Mountains, PA(Zone 6a)

So far, I have...

Hosta - big green noid variety with lavender flower scapes in the summertime
pachysandra
purple wandering jew cuttings - hanging houseplant
Baby tiger lilies - the spotted ones, not daylilies - at least 3 groups of 3
"Star of Yelta" Ipomoea purpurea - purple morning glories- the first seeds planted in this garden, coming back for another year
Sweet Woodruff - if requested
Honeysuckle cuttings or perhaps plants - basic white/yellow variety
Forsythia cuttings - weeping form that I am trying to root
Forsythia cuttings - standard shrub variety
Hydrangea cuttings - standard old white variety - I am trying to root this as well

My winter and spring sown seeds are still too tiny to divide and share

Seeds - If there is a particular variety you are searching for, I'll check if I have it...

Orienopet Lily "Robina" and 'Nymph"- mixed, open pollinated seeds - Onewish, RosesAreRed
Yellow marigold seeds - nisi

This message was edited Apr 28, 2011 11:19 AM

This message was edited May 13, 2011 4:26 PM

Added 2 more 04/23/11

Manchester, PA

Can make this one. Cannot get to MD the following week. Wedding.

Have Black Pussy Willow, some potted, some still rooting. Also have native Rose of Sharon. Potted 9 if anyone wants. Have MORE if anyone wants. Also have May Apple. I'll pot them if anyone wants them. Understand some nurseries actually sell that stuff. I have it all through the woods behind the house. Will pot a few lilac shoots. Did not split day lillies this year.

Wants: Roses are Red, I really would like to have a pink balloon flower if still available. And some nicotania. If anyone has some columbine, I'd also appreciate those. I'm also looking for some red twig dogwood and beautyberry, also some pachysandra - any amount. I hope the tomato lady witll be there again!! Thanks, Vicki & Larry

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Added to list.

Hi Cricket,

If Holly doesn't get to root some of her black pussy willows, I would appreciate some of yours, and also some Rose of Sharon.

Thank you.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

This is a weird want request....I need rocks....medium sized 12-18" would be perfect....I'd like larger ones but hubby is going to be using the truck that day.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

How many, Jen?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I will see what I can find Jen

Manchester, PA

Got it Roses. There's plenty of both. Vicki

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Whatever you can give me, gardadore ^_^

Holly Ann, I would love some white iris, chocolate mint and pink octupus.

I am still trying to tell the weeds from the perennials. It looks like most of my roses survived, but I need to cut back some minor winter die back. Amazing that they are doing so well after this winter. I focus on roses on their own roots that have done well for others in similar climates. It works for me so far. A gardening goal this year is learning to root roses. Rose lovers may like the fine gardening site. Paul Zimmerman has some good videos on pruning.

http://www.finegardening.com/blog/roses

I hope to find more fun things to share. Some of my indoor seeds are damping off, wintersown seeds are tiny, other seeds are still need to be sown. That is alright, I am a beginner. I have lots to learn.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

For Damping Off you might want to check out the link below or google "damping off and hydrogen peroxide". For some reason this year I have come across a lot of threads on DG recommending the use of hydrogen peroxide. Maybe it will deter further problems for you!

http://www.gardengrapevine.com/DampingOff.html

According to that link:

"A dusting or misting of seeds or seedlings with Cinnamon Powder, cooled Chamomile Tea, a tincture made with crushed Garlic cloves, or a Hydrogen Peroxide solution may help. So may Thiram or Captan when used according to the package instructions.

A Hydrogen Peroxide solution may be made using the 3% drugstore product, by adding it to a gallon of stirred rain water as follows:

* 1 to 4 Tablespoons; for watering seedlings and potted plants.
* 3 to 6 Tablespoons; for watering outdoor plants.
* 5 to 8 Tablespoons; for dipping seeds or roots prior to planting or repotting.
* Full strength for cleaning tools and work areas."

Hope this helps! Jessica

Thanks for the links, Jessica.

I had been watering with dilute peroxide. I had sprinkled the surface with cinnamon as well. I started to spray with neems oil which seemed to help. I had been keeping the smaller seedlings in diy bottle "terrariums" like I use for winter sowing. I had sterilized the soil in the oven. Last year, I battled fungus gnats, so I thought containing the humidity may keep them down. It did, but now some seedlings damped off. I repotted the larger ones and put a small fan on the shelf. I need to add more lights. Luckily, it is getting warm enough to start getting things outside as long as I get them protected or back inside if it turns cold.

Live and Learn.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

GQ, I will put those back for you. Just potted up some Pink Octos today.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Jessica, could I please have one of your centaureas and one each of the Lunarias? Thanks!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Loretta, May I please have one of each of your Angelica, Hellebore, and Anthriscus? Thanks!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Nisi, If you are bringing tomatoes this year, could you please save a few for me? Thanks!

Oh yes, Nisi, some for me too. After last year I knew that I needn't bother with growing them from seed here.

Pequannock, NJ

Got you Stormy.

Cricket - I have seedlings from Callicarpa Issai? Would you like one? They're more than a year old but small - mostly because I've left them under the mother plant. Also, I would be interested in Black Pussywillow if there is any left? That might be fun to plant at the school.

Pequannock, NJ

just added winter jasmine and rosa glauca seedlings to my list.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Holly can I get wisteria....Wall-e killed the one you originally gave me

Steve, I'd love to try some of your mushroom soil.

Holly, I would appreciate some of your Octopus.

Jessica, your White Hellebores, Euphorbia, Red Lupines and Pink Lunaria have spots all picked out for them if you have enough for me.

RosesRRed, I would love Verbascum Southern Charm, Jacob Cline Monarda and pulmonaria.

gardadore, I would like one of each lunaria, (I planted a dark one last year, babied it thru the heat wave, but it hasn't come back, yet. ) I would also like a Campanula Glomerata and a Potentilla Helen Jane.

One gardening goal is adding perennials among the roses - especially spiky and airy ones. I am also experimenting with groundcovers. The places that I planted groundcovers last year have fewer weeds now.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes Jen, Got you Roses.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Cricket I can hook you up with pachysandra.. I have lots

Gardenquilts, added yours to my list.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Gardenquilts, added to my list. Sorry the dark lunaria didn't make it. It should have been showing after the winter, We'll try again. It took me a couple of years before I found the right spot. You only need one to make it and then they will reseed after blooming and forming seeds. I have tons more!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.