Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Market Growers: Mail order plants

Communities > Forums > Market Growers
bookmark
Forum: Market GrowersReplies: 8, Views: 182
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 12, 2011
5:09 PM

Post #8491163

I just posted a long post and it simply disappeared. I have posted this issue on a couple other forums but I really need help and encouragement.
When you get mail order plants tomato, eggplant, peppers for example how long should one wait to pot them up or plant them out?
Already this season Ive had problems with people contacting (none last year) that their plant died after they potted it up or out. Its always been within a week. The co-op that I sell thru says my only responsibility is to get the plant there healthy after the buyer touches it its not my issue. I give instructions (that many times aren't followed). Im getting to the point I don't want anymore orders. People think I can send plants on Mon./Tues they get there on Wed/Thurs and they should be able tio put them in the garden that coming weekend. I can't seem to convince them that the plants need to recover from shipping and adjust to their new environment. Not just unpack and go out in the garden/direct sun. I have updated my listing to say that they must contact me within 24hrs. But Im getting discouraged. Any suggestions?
These plants are well established in their pots and survived shipping. Maybe someone can give me an idea for better instructions. Im getting to the point I don't even want to get another order. In every instants the buyer has handled the plant in some way and never notified me of a problem initially.
Thanks

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Market Growers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sat., June 21 Markets CountryGardens 40 Oct 5, 2010 5:25 AM
Odor-free Bone Meal? Will wildlife still uproot plants? PlanterRik 8 Jun 24, 2009 2:31 PM
Question on growing food for sale (organic) hczone6 28 Oct 1, 2007 7:52 PM
water melons,cantaloupes CricketsGarden 8 Sep 1, 2007 8:39 PM
Backyard nursery TXSWETIE 183 Jul 2, 2007 9:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America