Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Nasturtium Garlands Honor Mrs. Gardner's Birthday!: Miniature ISG garden

Communities > Forums > Article: Nasturtium Garlands Honor Mrs. Gardner's Birthday!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Nasturtium Garlands Honor Mrs. Gardner's Birthday!Replies: 2, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gardenmart
Saugus, MA
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8495891

At this year's Boston Flower Show, there was a miniature replica of the ISG courtyard including Isabella herself and the nasturtiums. The nasturtiums were artificial but the courtyard had small plants depicting the plantings. It was fabulous!
Martha
gardenmart
Saugus, MA
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2011
4:13 PM

Post #8495904

Here is a photo from the show of the miniature ISG garden. You can see her in the foreground. These miniature gardens are truly works of art.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Click the image for an enlarged view.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 15, 2011
1:52 AM

Post #8496892

what a fabulous concept! And here April 14 has come and gone with my only thoughts being of my daughter's income taxes! Happy birthday, Isabella ... thank you, Martha, for grabbing the picture.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Nasturtium Garlands Honor Mrs. Gardner's Birthday! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Delightful! woofie 5 Apr 20, 2009 2:10 PM
All these years... Sharran 5 Apr 20, 2009 7:54 PM
Nice article phicks 1 Apr 14, 2009 8:51 PM
How timely HummingbirdHC 1 Apr 20, 2009 6:22 PM
I.S.Gardeners museum Maria 1 Jul 18, 2011 6:50 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America