Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Is this a Pelargonium? ID please...

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

I was given this as a "houseplant" from a local nursery that lost its tag. It's unique...and looks like this is, at least, the correct forum for asking about it. Interestingly, each inflorescence sends-out an additional stolon-type bunch of flowers with a different color. Any ideas? It's a beautiful plant, for sure...

Scott

Thumbnail by SCBegoniaGuy
Brewster, MN(Zone 4b)

Haven't a clue what it is, sure is pretty. Hope someone can ID it.

Lake Stevens, WA

Has blossoms like a primrose. Not sure

Norristown, PA

It is a type of primrose -- "primula." I'm not sure of the type -- will keep an eye out for what it might be.

Norristown, PA

Check out Primula obconica -- that's what I think it is.

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the insight, guys. Looks like you're right...obconica. Years of gardening, and I've never once grown a primrose. Goes to show that there's always something new to try. Nice plant, though...so I'm looking forward to keeping it. It gets h.o.t. here, so I'll have to figure out the culture it needs. Thanks again! :)

Scott

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

You can plant primrose in the ground. I bought two of the regular kind from Lowe's for fifty cents a piece, as one had no pot and they both were down only to the buds. I put the potless one in a pot and kept it in my kitchen window and it bloomed OK but the one I stuck in a planter outside bloomed gangbusters. flowers were bigger, leaves were greener etc. We are not having the warmest spring here in MA this year but it did beautifully outside. The leaves and whatnot will die back eventually, but with proper maintenance while it is still green, you should get a nice one next year.
Martha

Norristown, PA

gardenmart -- this is not that type of primrose, but a different species.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

It should still be perennial down in SC. Probably need more shade than up here in MA.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.