AuthorContent
SoFlaCommercial
West Palm Beach, FL
(Zone 10b)

April 17, 2011
5:44 AM

Post #8501353

Greetings, and Salutations, DG'ers!

I have a wooden decorative birdhouse in my daughter's room. (she's going to be 13 in June, btw). She expressed interest in having a plant in her room. I figured I'd use that birdhouse since it's in her room already, and we have a hook on the wall for a plant.

Her room is on north end with one window, so no major amounts of light coming into her room.

obviously, going to need to have it potted and place the pot in the birdhouse, but clueless as to what to plant.

thanks.
jkochan
Chandler, AZ
(Zone 9b)

April 19, 2011
8:11 AM

Post #8506232

The ZZ plant is a great starter plant. They are darn near bullet proof. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2142/
cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

May 1, 2011
9:34 PM

Post #8533592

How about a spider plant, also known as an airplane plant (Chlorophytum comosum) . It's a good hanging plant, and it is interesting. Perhaps an asparagus fern or maidenhair fern.

Or a pretty angel-wing begonia that has lovely foliage. If you get a plant that is too slow-growing, like cactus, she may become bored with it.

You'll have to help her and remind her to water it.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Container Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing tomatoes upside down BittysGarden 112 Jul 19, 2009 5:51 AM
Raspberry Plants in Containers MummyOF4dolls 23 Mar 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Flower Pouches? nathalyn 80 Sep 11, 2008 10:49 PM
Growin' bags kwells 53 Aug 24, 2008 3:12 PM
How to make papercrete containers. Tomtom 423 May 5, 2013 3:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America