Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Fuchsias: Beautiful Blue Eyes!!

Communities > Forums > Fuchsias
bookmark
Forum: FuchsiasReplies: 3, Views: 112
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

bariolio

bariolio
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2011
6:42 AM

Post #8503586

So, I planted about 10-12 baby fuchsias a couple of months ago because I LOVE these flowers and I need to see if they will really grow in Houston! So far, so good. I'm so excited to see them start to flower. Here is my fav so far. Blue Eyes. I also have the following planted:
Black Prince; Black Magic; Duke of Wellington; Galfrey Lyle; Gordon's China Rose; Marin Glow (gorgeous!); Minnesota; Mood Indigo; Pink Pearl; Santa Claus; Ted Sweetman; White Gem; and White Wonder, which are all uprights. I have one in a basket--Angel's Earrings, which is doing very well.
I have learned that fuchsias are VERY tender and easy to break! I managed to root one so far that I've broken off and I'll see if any others make it. Janet

Thumbnail by bariolio
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Inthegarden
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2011
7:27 AM

Post #8539010

Janet, how are they doing now?
Who did you buy them from?

I haven't seen any here (couple years ago at Wal-M). I told myself I won't be taken in by them anymore!!!

Betsy

bariolio

bariolio
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2011
2:08 PM

Post #8539728

They are all still doing great, some better than others. I just fed them with some Medina Hasta Grow last night. Let's see what I have to say by the end of Sept!! I bought them from Pedricks Corner, an expert in fuchsias and very nice lady, here on DG :) She always throws in several freebies too! Some of mine are in full sun, some are in a more shady spot. My Blue Eyes is in a shady spot next to a big salvia and azaleas. Thanks for asking! Janet

Thumbnail by bariolio
Click the image for an enlarged view.

phughes
Portland, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 11, 2011
11:14 AM

Post #8554885

I love fuschias also, but haven't had much luck getting them to survive the summer. Please keep us posted; maybe there are cultivars that fare better than others.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Fuchsias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Amazing fuchsias Zanymuse 84 Sep 3, 2009 2:19 AM
Who would like to see a Fuchsia Forum!? PedricksCorner 134 Dec 2, 2009 6:06 PM
Let's get a Fuchsia forum going! PedricksCorner 83 Sep 3, 2009 2:21 AM
help with my fuchsia jjpate 2 Jun 8, 2009 5:38 AM
Fuschia - do I trim this? blackThumbz 15 Sep 4, 2009 4:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America