Window frame

Englewood, FL

I bought the window frame at decorator store GOB sale,I made the shutters & the flower box, the painting on top was a garage sale find.
John

Thumbnail by ifantail
Ewing, NE

I love that

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

John
I did something similar (your 'installation' is great by the way) for baby nursery. Filled the box not with flowers but with powder and pins and butt creme etc. Hangs right above the dressing table.

Southern California, CA

Very nice! The blue color (paint or stain) is gorgeous. What color is this?

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Adorable! I did a similar window in my interior office at work. I would change out scenery posters with the seasons, made my little space less confining.

Hmmm, I've always wanted a window in my family room, what a good idea in the house. Thanks!

Englewood, FL

2222, do you have a name you're willing to share? I hate calling you 2222, sounds like a police mug shot number.{;0)
The window was blue when I got it,I watered down some blue house paint for the shutters, I was amazed at the accidental exact match.
John

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah 22's I want a name too.
John, that is such beautiful work. I love it.
Faye

Southern California, CA(Zone 10b)

love your idea...

am thinking of "stealing idea" and do a beach theme.

Thousand Oaks, CA(Zone 10a)

infantail: I may be incorrect why J222 has removed her name and the city she lives in. From prior messages I know both, but I feel that she is perhaps not giving out personal information to ward off hackers. I don't know for sure, but some folks get nervous giving out such info. My Discover card just got hacked (it was not even out of my possession). I had attempted to use my card for a small $24 purchase and my card was declined. I stepped out of line and called Discover and was transferred to the Fraud Division. The Discover Fraud Division asked if I had made 3 large purchases from 3 different places on line on Monday. I said no, they okayed the $24 purchase then asked that I call them when I got home. I did, they cancelled my card, and reissued me a new one with new number. So, be aware that people can do anything they feel on line with computers. Better to be safe....than sorry.

Southern California, CA

keeping & John: Keeping, you hit the nail on the head. I AM afraid, very afraid. Our credit card has had recent fraud online charges, too. I guess you can tell I'm a woman and ifantail is a man, b/c I think women are more afraid than men. To me, the internet is very scary. I think J2222 is a simple name to write. Also, you can abbreviate the J2222 to J, J2, or even J222 (J222 has the same # of letters as John), I'll answer to almost anything...... ;-)

As Juliet said:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Yep, that is why I now go by a nickname of my nickname. I don't worry too much about putting my address 'out there' while I am living here in Korea, but I will only narrow it down to a county when I get back to the states. I got rid of my real name online a long time ago.

Englewood, FL

Ok, I think I'll call you Tooz you cool with that?

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

That is a neat nickname! Tooz☺

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Great Window!!!! Here is another idea for potting bench or?

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Here is my creation, going to put rope lights behind the window on the frame.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

as my grandson would say 'Sweeeet!"

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Really like all these windows. Makes me want to hunt for one! Thanks for sharing with us.

Hugs,
Judy

Southern California, CA

ifan: The name I chose is J2222 or a variation of J2222: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Love the potting bench, that style could be changed slightly for a seated person. May I send the picture to my son?

Englewood, FL

Ok J2222, I guess I doesn't has to call you Tooz.

Southern California, CA

ifantail: OK, LOL.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

John, I LOVE your window!! It's beautiful! I think I'll copy it and make some similar ones. I love the shutters you made too!

The man who brings my mother her noon meals sometimes told me he was sad that I put up my privacy fence because now he can't see me when he drives by. (Mom's house is two doors down) He said I need to put windows in it. So I think I'll make windows like yours, backed with mirrors, and hang them on the fence. So he'll have his windows. Of course he still won't be able to see inside, but it will be funny to see his expression when I hang the windows. LOL Thank you for sharing your creation.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

I scored six windows today, very shabby chic.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

We put rope lights on the window tonight.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

That makes a nice light.

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

i have 4 old wooden window frames here at the house. maybe i'll try this... i was thinking of making a planting shed with them. but these are nice too.

Yucaipa, CA(Zone 10a)

Hey there curvesarein ~ can you list some instructions on how you made the potting bench? That is one cool looking structure! It doesn't necessarily have to be used as a potting bench, since it's big enough to accommodate quite a few things. Could even use it on a porch to hold bbq accessories. What a cool idea!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

I bought the bench part from a man who makes them cheap. He uses 2 by 4
slats on top and the shelf underneath. Then Legs I added the window. which I have a stack of for free. Then I reverse painted it with Glass Paint.
Linda

Thumbnail by curvesarein

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.