Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Poultry and Livestock: Alice and Claire got admired

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 3, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Elleisn
Denver, CO

April 20, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8509557

Today a lady knocked on my door to ask me about my chickens. They were out on the front yard, which they had escaped to because they are brats, and just get great enjoyment from doing things they're not suppose to. She said she had 3 chickens, and wanted to know how to make her chickens as well behaved as mine. My knees got weak, and I kind of giggled a little, and just thought OMG there are brattier chickens than mine??? I really couldn't give her any advice. But it was nice to talk to another chicken person.
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

April 20, 2011
4:41 PM

Post #8509586

I know its great to talk to others about our chickens,my dh gets so mad at me when I talk about chickens to anyone,he will say don`t get her going about chickens she will talk all day.LOL
Elleisn
Denver, CO

April 20, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8509712

Yes, here was this lady on my front porch, wanting to know how I got my chickens to be so well behaved. They had escaped, and were being bratty, and not coming when called,. but someone else thought they were well behaved, lol. They did come when I brought out the bag of sunflower seeds, and then did their cute tricks.
Haystack
Ferndale, WA

April 20, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8509887

I love this conversation, and can't think of any persons that are more loving and caring about their birds. Ellie your stories are always so interesting, and cute I might add.

Green I really enjoy what you have to say. Tell you Hubbie, I said he is a very lucky man. Your loving, caring enthusiasm towards your birds is a great example of a Lady of great passion. He should always remember he is the receipient of that passion and love. I know what I'm talking about as my own dear wife has that same passion and love. I also am a very fortunate man, and I don't ever want to forget that...Hay

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America