Anemones

Severna Park, MD(Zone 7a)

Several years ago, a physician who lived in our neighborhood died. He had maintained beautiful gardens in his yard...he practiced out of his home...but these gardens have had virtually no care in the several years since his death. I stopped my car and got out my camera in case there was something that had withstood the neglect. After seeing this naturalized bed of light blue, purple and white anemones, I can't help but wonder if maybe I have been administering too much TLC?

Thanks for taking a look.

Bob

Thumbnail by Bob_71
San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful!

Thanks for your comment, sunnyg!

Bob

Tomah, WI

How beautiful!

Thanks, mattsmom!

Here's another, a little closer.

Thumbnail by Bob_71
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Bob, your pictures are beautiful. Sometimes we can love our own plants to death. Mother Nature will take care of her own. It's amazing that the plants have survived their neglect. Does the home have new owners, and are they aware of what a gem they have?

Cem9165, as far as I know, there have been no efforts to sell the home and it still sits empty. Might be tied up in an estate. There are Buddleias that have been un-pruned and several are now about 25' tall. Thanks for your post!

Bob

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Great pics of the anemones! Yes, from your observation about the Doc's garden I now realize I've been loving my anemones to death! I wonder what the best environment for them is...? I would love to have them growing amongst my daffodils but can't quite get them to cooperate!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images