Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Seed Germination: what is up with my daisies?

Communities > Forums > Seed Germination
bookmark
Forum: Seed GerminationReplies: 0, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bookreader451
Troy, NY
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2011
8:06 PM

Post #8512502

I have over a thousand seedlings started, including roses, delphimium, joe pye weed and strawberries. The hard to grow, requires stratification, stuff is doing just fine but for the life of me I cannot figure out why my daisies are germinating then turning brown before getting true leaves. Everything else in the tray is fine and it definately not damping off. Any clues?

Oh and the crappy black eyed susan from burpees did not germinate at all but, the good ones from Scheeper's did. But then again the 20 cent bachelor buttons from Walmart are fine.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Seed Germination Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Why are some seedlings "leggy"? gardendragon 18 May 8, 2013 6:47 PM
Welcome to the Seed Germination Discussion Forum! dave 20 Dec 23, 2009 2:56 PM
Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds PeggieK 188 Mar 21, 2013 11:19 AM
Stratification kimmers 27 Mar 26, 2014 4:37 PM
Sowing in Spaghnum moss Laurie1 3 Mar 8, 2007 11:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America