Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Landscape: Color Every Season: Bottle Tree

Communities > Forums > Landscape: Color Every Season
bookmark
Forum: Landscape: Color Every SeasonReplies: 1, Views: 97
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Wyldeflowre
Rural Hall, NC

April 21, 2011
9:14 PM

Post #8512630

Loved your pics; thanks for sharing. I have recently started saving bottles for a future 'Bottle Tree' and am wondering what kind of shrub yours are on? BTW, your house reminds me of one, on Washington Street [Avenue?], that my husband's grandparents once lived in. Happy Spring!
RebeccaLynn
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 12, 2011
10:19 AM

Post #8557841

Thanks for commenting on my bottle tree! The bottles were actually on my dormant fig tree (bush). My little grandson from Arkansas visited me in April and helped me remove the bottles and wrap them in newspaper, as the new fig leaves were emerging. In the fall, when the leaves drop to the ground, the bottle tree will appear again. As for my house, it's a 'pseudo' craftsman style home in a neighborhood of similarly styled homes in Clemmons. The homes in the Washington Park neighborhood in W/S are lovely! I love front porches.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: Color Every Season Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beautiful Garden shewhoplants 1 May 12, 2011 10:24 AM
Enjoyed your photos cslane 2 Feb 20, 2012 7:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America