Creative Concrete/Part12

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

New shop, new pictures, new thread!

The other thread was getting too long so figured it was time for a new one. Please be patient with me, still not used to how to change these things.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8513273

We came from here.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

How is everything going now that your new shop neighbors have settled in? Has foot traffic increased as spring has come?

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

thanks Juney,Im here Lori...Hope all is well..we are still waiting for spring here ...ARRGGG

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

It is supposed to be in the 60's this week, but it is so windy that the heater is running most of the time still. I wish that it would warm up soon.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Ah yes, Spring in Korea, I remember it all too well. At least it "smells" better than Summer.
I was doing some rearranging & packing the last couple weeks & came across some pics of Korea from the mid-70s thru early 80s. Brought back many memories. I do Love the food...........................

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I am here also, but just been lurking. I had organized a plant swap(RU) and it was yesterday. Been very busy lately. Also had three days with my two six year old great nephew and niece before Easter. It is raining today so I have a break from planting my newly aquired plants for now.

Glad to see I didn't loose you guys!!!

Still can't seem to get the hang of changing these threads over---try as I may---doesn't seem to work out!

The nursery is comming along quite well---acctually starting to look like one now.
Bought a few new plants from Penny & also gave her some contacts for new nurseries that carry some of the more unusal plants.
Turned her on to Dave's & think she's going to join! Hope so---she's such a nice lady!

Business seems to be picking up a little---still trying to get organised (will it ever happen?!), & working on getting some new things in.
Going to start carring wind chimes---started building my pully systems to hang them by so that they are not so low as people walk into them. Also looking at brining in gazing balls---not so sure about them yet as I haven't found a good source.

Really want to do this garden party in September & working hard toward having everything set up & perfect? for it! Know it is still months away. but takes a lot of planning & work to put one like this together. Penny is wanting to work with me to do this & we are thinking about having catered by a place inside the flea market. We'll see about that one---depends on what they want to charge for it, but I have to say---their food is excelent!!!

SPRING?!!! It's already in the high 80s & low 90s here! Don't even want to think about summer!!!

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Glad to hear that business is picking up! Hope that it just gets better and better as the summer comes.

(LOL! Oh, YES! the smells...)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

DO NOT OPEN if you have work to do!!!

You will get lost in creativity land! This is a thread on bowling balls created for gazing balls. They won't break, and look pretty in a concrete base as well.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/569445/?hl=bowling+ball
Just remember....I warned you.

I have 8 BB s that need to be made pretty..LOL

Lori send a little of your 80s here ,we are soo tired of being cold,and wet...More of the same today ..arggg

cant wait to start seeing photos

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is the correct link for where we came from if you will change that one in your first post, it won't work. Just right click and select copy shortcut, then go up to the post and do "edit" to add it and remove the other one.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1147490/

Never claimed to be a computer expert---but thank the Lord, you guys are out there to fix my mess ups! LOL!!!

Have spent the last two months trying to get an inventory together for the items I brought from the old shop (ex partner never did inventory),get shelves built, paint customer orders,& get the new business system set up & running! Have to say---90% done!

Still learning to put all of the Quick Books together to make my paper-work a little easier. I HATE OFFICE WORK!!!!

Should be able to post some new pictures tomorrow as I got most of my programs set up today.
Also looking forward t going back to painting!!! Have one or two that are almost finished & am excited about them!

P.S.,

Sheila,

Have checked out that forum a few times---they are amazing!!!! Just need a source for the bowling balls/some-one that has time to make them!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I've been lurking here during your move, don't know how you did all that. I have BB's here too waiting to be worked on. Many things I want to do but never get started. Right now trying to get my back in better shape so I can work in the garden. My plants just won't grow unless they see me checking on them. LOL

Lori - check with the bowing alleys near you. They toss out a lot of those loaner balls (and pins).

Hey you go girl...sounds like there is light at the end of the tunnel...Yea Rah

New picture.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Didn't realise how long it had been since I posted any new pictures.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

This one is a little fuzzy!

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Giant Sea Turtle

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Love this little fountain!

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Did this one for a couple that wanted to show their son (when he gets home), that they are supporting our troops.

Thumbnail by Camillia84
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Nice job on those.

This our newest statue for our yard---like we needed another one!!! LOL!!!

Thanks!

Thumbnail by Camillia84
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I like looking at the background pieces also, you have just so many neat things.

Finally finished some of the pieces Iv'e been working on & got new pictures to post.

First one: Cat Crossing

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Next: Birdbath

Thumbnail by Camillia84

This one is a small wall hanging.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Next on is a "Yorkie".

Thumbnail by Camillia84

This is one I painted & posted before, but I painted this one a little different.

"Fairy"

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Last one for today: "Dove Fountain"

Thumbnail by Camillia84

I like the Cat crossing.....................
I've seen "other" crossings but no a cat before.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My favs are the Yorkie and the fairy! That is a very different style birdbath.
Funny thing about the last picture (doves) sure brought back memories! I had that fountain for ever so long and finally lost it to breakage in 2009. I had it in a pond that we first started with back in 2001. We thought we were really something when we put this in.

This message was edited May 12, 2011 5:51 PM

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Little did we realize it was only the beginning of our obsession!
This picture was taken only three years later 6-2004. It isn't as neat as then and a lot has changed...we have a whole lot more yard that needed attention.
Thanks for making me look up my doves...that caused me to see how far we have come.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

As for the doves...my last picture before tossing them....even love never lasts forever.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW

Jean,

I'll have to get another of those. I like it, but personally think the cat should have been a different color---too many dark colors on the piece, wasn't my choice.

Sheila,

The birdbath is oreintal in style. I placed the girl in the middle, as there was a flat square spot in the middle of the top & it looked like it needed something---the girl fit like it was made to go there.

I tried two or three different color combos on it, but wasn't happy with the way it looked, so finally settled on the copper look.

Those doves are a classic piece---I've seen them cast in both concrete & resin. See by your last picture, that your's were a little worse for the wear before you tossed them, it's a shame you lost them!

We had a pond almost the same as yours, just a little larger. Finally tore it out two years ago, filled it in & placed a fountain in it's place. Got tired of fooling around with the pond area, (ie., weeding, moving rocks to change the size, & replacing pumps) so decided a fountain was a little more care-free. Like you---too many other things in our yard needing attention.

Decided yesterday to play? instead of work. Got my new sign frame & stand built, & started on a new rock carving. Have been taking pictures of it at different stages of the carving, will post pictures when I'm done with it, if I can get it done without breaking it.
My poor body is telling me that I haven't done any rock carvings in a while---sore in places I didn't know I had! LOL!!!

Also hauled about 3 hundred pound of granite in my cart from the shop behind me. They gave me permission to get any scrap pieces I want---so I did. Have some plans in my head for some mosaics & now have an over-abundance of supplies. I'M IN TROUBLE------AGAIN!!!

Wow, access to "FREE" Granite - WAY COOL!!!!!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Love all your beautiful pieces. The soldier one really stays in my mind, what a great job.

You are working so hard just where do you get all the energy??? I hope you much success in this adventure. Just a little envy here on all your talent.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images