-
AuthorContent
Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 23, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8516098

I just planted some rhubarb in the new bed that was formerly nasty clay & rock. The earth worms are flourishing!

Sonny

Thumbnail by Pewjumper
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Lillyz
Pueblo, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 23, 2011
10:06 PM

Post #8583467

Sonny, that looks great! Im sure the rhubarb is going to love it. Maybe plant some strawberries too :)
Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 24, 2011
4:44 PM

Post #8585036

Lillyz,

Thanks!

Strawberries! Oh yes!

Unfortunately the wicked witch of winter got two of my rhubarbs, but not to worry. I am going to wait until I make some improvements to the soil on the lower level of my yard this summer. Then I will plant fruit trees, rhubarb, berries & strawberries in Spring of 2012.

I just planted nine agastaches, (3 different varieties) in a line along the retaining wall. Eight cone flowers and Eight blanket flowers are waiting to be planted in the next couple of days, along with a mix of 200 daffodils in the Fall. I will finish the bed out with bearded iris, salvia, saffron crocus & ???.

I am done with tulips, the deer are just to much.

Sonny

Solace

Solace
Monte Vista, CO
(Zone 4a)

September 13, 2012
10:43 PM

Post #9274668

The terraced look is wonderful, Pewjumper! Great job. It's going to be gorgeous with all the plants growing.

Got two apple trees planted, and what a job- I think my yard must've been a creek bed at one time long ago, as I needed a pick axe instead of a shovel to make the hole for the Granny Smith. But...I had wished for some river rock, and boy did I find it in THAT hole. Be careful what you wish for. ;-) The Lord might just give it to ya'. LOL

My greenhouse has begun: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1279134/
petset77
Fort Garland, CO
(Zone 4b)

September 16, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9277185

The bed looks great! Can't wait to see it when the plantings come up.
Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 19, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9279743

Well, I had grand plans for 2012.

What I got was a heart attack on January 1, 2012. But the Lord took good care of me and I escaped with two stents and no heart damage.

However, that pretty much wiped out the money I had saved up for further landscapping. But, I am saving up money over the Winter and will try again in the Spring of 2013.

This October I WILL get my compost layer down to help protect my plants over the Winter. We hardly got any snow and I lost a lot of plants. Praise God I still have a ton of acidified cotton boll compost along with a lot of peat moss stacked up so I can renovate the two front beds and get everything ready for Winter.

That and and about three hundred in gift cards from High Country Gardens should make for a great Spring!

Sonny

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Rocky Mountain Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anybody growing vegetables in the Rockies? pajaritomt 166 Jun 25, 2007 3:26 PM
Invasive for the rest of the country still invasive here? MQN 33 May 28, 2007 6:36 AM
Milkweed - Asclepias seeds? hello85 3 Aug 14, 2007 10:15 PM
Greenhouse GMan13 126 Mar 5, 2007 10:48 PM
This might brighten you up......(continued) ginger749 162 Jan 3, 2012 12:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America