Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's Easter: What one person can do

Communities > Forums > Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's Easter
bookmark
Forum: Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's EasterReplies: 2, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

April 25, 2011
4:29 AM

Post #8518903

Thank you so much for your love letter!
It is proof positive that one kind and loving person can have an enormous impact on the lives of children.
When my children were very young, my ex-husband's dysfunctional family made holiday gatherings a living hell. Although there was money enough to buy gifts, and the adults were generous gift buyers, they had little to no concern about the emotional environment in which the gifts were presented.
What children feel on holidays is every bit as important as what they receive.
Not wanting to involve myself in the ongoing family disputes, and not wanting my own children or their cousins to have to endure the angry bickering of the so-called adults, I would gather up the kids and take them outside for games, make-believe, art projects--anything I could think of that would raise their spirits and leave them with good memories.
Although my first husband and I divorced when my children and nephews were older, twenty years later my children and my nephews thanked me for the fun I'd provided for them while I was a member of the family.

can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2011
5:11 AM

Post #8518953

We do have opportunities to make a difference in the lives of the people near us. It's amazing how it works!
We receive so much more than we give. It feeds on itself. The more we give, the more we get. Amazing!
Marie
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

April 26, 2011
4:47 AM

Post #8520995

You are so right!
We take for granted, sometimes, what others give us as children.
Then, when we have our own children, or interact with the children of others, we have this marvelous opportunity to decide what is truly important, what wonders we want to pass on to others.
So many people become self involved, unaware of the perspectives of children, and can no longer view the world through a child's eyes. They lose the ability to see the world in new, fresh ways and to think and act creatively.
I'm forever grateful to all the adults in my childhood who were able to see and appreciate the world through my own eyes and to show me how to pass that appreciation on to others.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's Easter Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A love story on many levels vossner 4 Apr 24, 2011 8:30 PM
Very touching! Bookerc1 1 Apr 13, 2009 4:52 PM
What a lovely story ! DonM47 0 Apr 13, 2009 2:08 PM
Thank goodness for Aunties! Yuska 0 Apr 24, 2011 12:12 PM
Easter Story. DavidofDeLand 0 Mar 30, 2013 6:32 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America