Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Starting a lawn the hard way: Boy, you are dedicated!

Communities > Forums > Article: Starting a lawn the hard way
bookmark
Forum: Article: Starting a lawn the hard wayReplies: 11, Views: 60
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8518990

You sure did dedicate yourselves to the effort. Congratulations ! Not many have that attention to detail and followup. and nice article too.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

April 25, 2011
9:40 AM

Post #8519121

Adina what a fun article I can just hear you now about the weeds! All that work was well worth it!
SingingWolf
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2011
11:16 AM

Post #8519343

Adina,
I love your articles, and the photos. Well done! : - )
I'm sure your GS, likes playing on the pesticide free lawn. : - )
He sure is a cutie.
Goodness, I do remember tamping down the soil after the seeds were spread in our yard. : - )
Your article brings back a lot of memories. : - )
You know, I kind of like the clover, and so do the bees.
I've always thought that weeding is like therapy, and watering is like meditation.
Thanks for an informative, and fun article, with great photos! : - )
WIB~
SW

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 25, 2011
12:04 PM

Post #8519441

Thank you, guys! It was fun to write this article and rememeber how it was when we did it. I'm still having fun when watering the lawn, though not so much fun when I have to weed!LOL
Jules, I also like clover and it's beautiful when blooming and yes, the bees love it too! But someone here in Romania was just complaining about having so much clover in her lawn that the grass was almost invisible...and I wouldn't want this for my lawn too! The therapy continues!LOL

Adina

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2011
3:11 PM

Post #8519853

Nice article Adina! I have an area that I want to put in grass for the pups in the backyard. Never got around to it last fall so time to prepare for this fall.
weeds
Panhandle, FL
(Zone 8a)

April 25, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8519866

Adina, nice looking yard now! So much work that is made me tired just reading the article. It was sure worth it though.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 25, 2011
3:25 PM

Post #8519888

Kelly, I'm sure the pups will love it! Thank you for reading my article!

Connie, thank you! I'm tired just remembering all we've done!LOL Still, we did it again with the veggie garden...at least I didn't sow grass and I am able to walk on it...no weeds yet!LOL

Adina
anthos949
Brea, CA

April 25, 2011
7:11 PM

Post #8520519

What a precious article. You're great...enjoy your new lawn!!

I sowed my lawn a few weeks ago, and I'm excited to come home every day to see how much more my grass has grown from the previous day. I love it!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

April 25, 2011
7:39 PM

Post #8520580

Adina - another great article! You are very clever to have worked out such a practical way for DH to do the digging he did!

Tam

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 26, 2011
7:12 AM

Post #8521297

Anthos thank you! Enjoy your new lawn!
Tam , it was fun to do that for DH to dig and he was happy to do it. He is becoming a gardener too!LOL Thanks for reading my article.

Adina
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

April 27, 2011
5:12 AM

Post #8523579

LOL
You two work so very hard on your beautiful lawn and garden.
I hope that you are rewarded with wonderful tastes, smells, sights, and the feel of all the lovely plants and lawn.
Good job!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 27, 2011
8:20 AM

Post #8523939

Jazzy, thank you! We sure feel blessed to have our small garden and lawn.

Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Starting a lawn the hard way Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Yep... hustonprincess 3 Apr 28, 2011 12:23 AM
If its green .....mow it! binibusybee 5 May 3, 2011 1:35 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America