How to seal a crack in resin water fountain

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I have a 2 tier water fountain, made of resin. It leaked this year so we investigated to find cracks in the bottom basin. It would need thick layers to cover the damaged area - suggestions? They are not cracks that are all the way through, just splits where the water seeps out over a one day period (large basin).

I really want to seal it up verses buying a new one.
Kathy

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

I've patched my fountains with fiberglass with good results. You can purchase fiberglass resin and cloth at Home Depot or an Auto parts place. Make sure the surfaces are clean and dry and rough up the surface with some sandpaper. Mix the resin and hardener per the directions, cut a piece of fiberglass cloth to fit. Apply the resin then the cloth and overcoat with resin.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Great, thanks for the reply. We were thinking some sort of marine glue or fiberglass mix. What area of Home Depot would I find 'fiberlass resin" - cause our store has employee's that have no clue when asked what t need.

Thanks for the reply
Kathy

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

It's in the paint section. In my store it by the glues and adhesives.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks! I'm sure the kids at Lowes wouldn't know what I wanted. thanks - I'm going to get some tomorrow when I go to our store 30 miles away.
Kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.