April Brugmansias (angels trumpets)

Sydney, Australia

I hope you all don't mind but despite the wind and the rain she turned from a green cabbage into my beautiful Twilight Time and the colour while not deep as it is in heat is very pretty to the eye, warm beautiful shade that looks lit up from inside.Excuse the pic because it's windy and wet...she is rocking and rolling .
I love Sam's genes in this one!

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

We came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1175066/

so I can't believe how the lovely bloom came from something like this

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

This one has her three dropped skirts (it happened overnight) ...I was so surprised she has nice colour, I thought she would be very pale.
I love her!

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

It's very dark and blowing out there...rain drops falling too.
HOPE isn't dropping her skirt yet, she opens bright yellow and darkens.
Calyx not wonderful between the munchers and the cold wetness.
The 28 spotted Lady birds and huge brown grasshoppers that can easily jump over the 6ft fence.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 3:11 PM

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 3:14 PM

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Pink Panther pale but lovely in these awful conditions.

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Ok that's it / I have had to edit a few(low blood sugar ...I forgot to eat, always do on the days the nurse comes, so back later).
Same bloom yesterday ...amazing plants aren't they ^_^

Thumbnail by chrissy100
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Chrissy, I see you have 'Pink Panther' out. Here are three pics of "pink" Brugs ...

'Munchausen Pink' AKA 'Red Hot Pink'.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

'Adele Essex' - which is growing next to MP in our garden.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

'Ecuador Pink' - now gone from our garden due to frost.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

>Wayne, your "Giant" has made a Y. Maybe I'll get to see it flower next year. It is about 3 1/2 foot tall now and growing much better since I put it back in a pot.<

Thanks for the feedback Jean. Good luck with it! Our plant towers alongside 'Alphonse Mucha' if that gives you an indication of eventual height. 'Giant' is blooming well this season (up high) having retained the green/cream colour and long tendrils. In my parents much shadier garden, 'Giant is a smaller more compact plant, about 2 m and flowers well.

This is an old pic of 'Giant', presently the blooms are too high for me to get a decent pic.

Regarding your #44 seedpod, maybe pull a brown paper bag over it and tie at the top with a twist or budding tape. This will offer some cold protection and allow the pod to develop further. Those long paper bags from the bottle shop are just the thing! :)

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
Nowra, NSW,, Australia(Zone 9b)

Here is TT ... not a very nice background sorry!

Thumbnail by Alistair
Sydney, Australia

Your Brugs look lovely Wayne ...do you recognise this one?
It's the one I got labeled Red Hot Pink but the neck isn't covered ...does this look like one you know?
it's so long ago I can't remember who I got it from ...it was in my missing journal.
Alistair said it looks like Adele Essex but it isn't ...much different to her in real life.
It has a very long tube, much longer than any of the others.
Could it be Bruce's Pink?

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Hi Alistair oh yes that's TT with the skirts not yet dropped but I am surprised at the colours ...I thought we would have very pale blooms. Do you like the nice warm colour?

Do you recognise the blooms I just posted?

Sydney, Australia

Ok I think it's this one ...can anyone confirm it for me? I would hate to have to call it the long pink noid :(
http://www.elarishtropicalexotics.com/Plant-Profile.aspx?Plant=204&Group=17

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Chrissy, to my eye it looks most like 'Ecuador Pink'...

Duno! :(

Sydney, Australia

I haven't had E.Pink bloom for me here I guess I will have to compare it when the E.Pink Blooms next Spring.
That means I don't have M.Pink then ...would it be possible to get a piece off you you next Spring ?
Sorry to ask but I thought I had that one. I guess I don't, this one is interesting though I will include a bit with the other things just for you to look at ...it will be marked long Pink noid :(

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Alistair I wonder if you could do me a favor and post your picture into the gallery at BGI so they can see that it bloomed elsewhere.
I hope you are happy with it, in the Summer it is a real stunner, quite pretty now too, I love the warm pink/peach color ...what colour is it in your opinion, by that I mean do you think it is a Peach rather than a Pink?
Thanks again.

Hmmm No it's not Ecuador Pink, and I agree it is not quite right for Adele. Nor is it Bruce's Pink. It is close to Meroo Totty, but the calyx looks too short, and I don't remember giving you that! Mystery... It does look like a Pink Panther seedling though (assuming it's Australian). I'm sure you used to have MP! But it definitely is not that.

I can't post at BGI: I'm not a member. Let's wait for a better pic of TT next season anyway! :) The plant was (I'm ashamed to say) neglected while I was in S America and I found it long after I got back still in a 4" pot behind a mass of other stuff, but with three large buds on, which it has not dropped: that has to be the most impressive thing with any double - that and no deformed flowers. It's quite definitely pink: this one is a distinct rose pink (much stronger than it appears in pic here).

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 7:07 PM

Sydney, Australia

Thankyou Alistair, no that Brug (the long tubed Pink was given to me in a trade,ages ago) it just said Red Hot Pink on the label. So I thought it was M.Pink.
It looks like an Alistair bloom to me.:) I wish we still had yours to compare.

In the early days with swaps it is understandable that there may have been confusion as specially when some may look a lot alike.
It didn't come from you.
It will be the long tubed pink noid until id'ed.
No I have never seen M.Pink only in pictures.

Yes next Summer it will shine in the warm weather.
Then it looks like this

Thumbnail by chrissy100
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

That is great news regarding TT’s performance under tough conditions! Looking forward to the plants we have here coming on in spring. I have a strong suspicion that beetle larvae (white curl grubs) are in the pots we have plants in, thus slowing the growth - they look quite miserable! I will pull one out (gently:) this morning and take a peep. Can't do any harm in this weather...
Speaking of which, if this rain keeps up poor Clementine's blooms will resemble papier-mâché! :(
Chrissy, you are welcome to as much MP as you like from here. My original plant came to me some years back as a rather dehydrated scrap of a thing. It took quite a while to regain vital signs. That is probably why I never sent you any - since then the plant has been pretty much forgotten as better "pinks" have become available.

first Monika Gottschalk double seedling: many flowers all perfectly formed and not one bud dropped! And it seems mite resistant! Think this will be a winner... Now hoping for some pinks from the same cross :)

Hmm not sure why the pic is sideways... sorry :)

This message was edited Apr 28, 2011 8:38 AM

Thumbnail by Alistair
Sydney, Australia

Wayne I found ants in one of my pots ...I had to dump them out wash off the ants nest and contents off the roots, I guess that the wet weather may see some of the critters trying to climb into the pots to escape.

Alistair that is exciting ...wish I could see it properly.
We wait with great excitement for Monika's beautiful Brugs.

Here is TT today ...not too bad for cool weather blooming in lots of wet.
No shade cloth may explain the differences in colour.

Thumbnail by chrissy100
barmera, Australia

Who has had their seeds from Us held at aqis? What now. I'm still waiting for mine. Colleen

Sydney, Australia

Hi Colleen what does the notice say?
I have had Brug seeds inspected and passed (a couple of years ago but they have stopped some fairly common veggie seeds and plant seeds once last year..
They asked if I wanted them (no not at those prices-quarantine fees) and so I guess they destroyed them.
Here is the long tubed pink no name today.

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Brugmansia HOPE today

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Wayne's yellow pink PP cross

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

The colours in the pics are a bit washed out due to the flash ...much nicer in real life of course as anyone with Brugs knows.

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Ludger's Windsong cross does go orange after a couple of days.

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Butter Bomb cold and wet but always a stunner.

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

PP with sweet Batata beneath (I miss Judy :( ...) and Cestrum D.

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Sugar Pink (very pale) with Twilight Time in the distance.

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Last of Fire Fighter Angel for this flush

Thumbnail by chrissy100
barmera, Australia

Hi Chrissy. I haven't had any notice as yet, so I can only think that mine are still on the way. Someone else has had theirs' stopped and I just wondered what happens if this happens. Colleen

Sydney, Australia

Maya this morning

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

If they are "stopped" you will receive a notice, so just be patient it can take a couple of weeks sometimes.
How long ago did you order the seeds?

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Another shot of TT just because I love her

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Ummm

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Skirts dropping ... I guess she drops them come rain or come shine,

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Sydney, Australia

Mmm well I loved my quick walk around the Angels this morning ...hope you liked it too

Thumbnail by chrissy100

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.