Where have all the regulars gone?

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

Does anyone post here much anymore?

Susan in Virginia

Pendleton, OR

I look on here once in awhile every one here is new to me.

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

I did try it and I did find some of the hoya gang there.

Thank you.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I lost most of my hoya due to a freeze this winter and last. What didn't freeze is just starting to come back. I have them hanging outside and can't bring them in when it's cold because of insects in the soil. I cover them with blankets, but this past winter was a doozy. It was in the lower 20s for almost three weeks.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

imadigger,
If you have a garage you can move them into when it's cold, and then cover them, they will usually do ok. I have too many to bring them all in or move into the greenhouse so the tougher ones we put in the barn and cover. I hang them off of one of those portable cloths hanger thingies. then throw a blanket over them. It's worked for the last several winters that have been so unusually cold for us Floridians.
mj

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

mjsponies, I had most of my orchids in the garage. LOL They were my first priority. Lost quite a few of them too. Ran out of room. We lost all our ixora shrubs around the pool encloser. All plumeria are gone too. I keep looking to see if they will come from bottom. So far, no luck. Our lychee tree was just starting to come back after last year's free, but this past winter was just too much. It's a goner, along with kumquat and orange tree. Carombola is sending up one branch. So maybe next year we will have carombola. Those were on east side of house. The grapefruit and tangerine tree are OK. They are on the west side. This past year just knocked the wind out of me. I'm so sad that all my plants are gone. Right now I don't know if I'll replace any of them.

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

And if I remember correctly, you had such beautiful, large hoyas. That is sad.

I am replacing mine with the ones you see in the big box stores. I'm not going all out to order the really rare ones again.

Susan

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm not going too crazy this time either. I have a few small cuttings from a RR last spring that were in my bathroom. I just moved them outside to shelves under the lanai roof. They face East and get the morning sun. So far, so good. This coming winter , if we get another freeze warning, I'll have to drag them into the bathtub. I'm not looking forward to that though.

San Francisco, CA

I think you will find many of the posters you used to see here, over at the cubit site.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Yes, that's where most have gone. I just check in once in a while to see who's here. LOL I'm always on the gesneriad and african violet forum.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Well really if your wanting to know more about Hoya's go to the Cubits forum. Sorry but as far as Dave's goes...it's NOT happening here.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I think all of the forums have lost many regulars... I miss the old, vibrant Dave's Garden...

noonamah, Australia

I mentioned about the other site near the begining of this thread, but I see that post has been deleted.

Athens, PA

Dont you hate that when it happens? I miss the old vibrant Daves' as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.