cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

April 27, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8524820

Here we have the calendar for May 2011.
I wish for you that the rain stop in those States where the rain has become chronic and you cannot work your vegetables or flower beds, that you get more rain where there is drought and that you can enjoy Spring and gardening

1st-2nd Poor Planting, Fine For Cultivating Or Spraying.

3rd-4th Favorable For Planting Beans, Corn, Cotton, Tomatoes, Peppers, And Other Aboveground Crops.

5th-6th Any Seed Planted Now Will Tend To Rot.

7th-8th Most Favorable For Planting Corn, Cotton, Okra, Beans, Peppers, Eggplant, And Other Aboveground Crops. Plant Seedbeds And Flower Gardens.

9th-12th A Barren Period. Good For Killing Plant Pests, Cultivating, Or Taking A Short Vacation.

13th-15th Excellent Time For Planting Corn, Beans, Peppers, And Other Aboveground Crops. Favorable For Sowing Hay, Fodder Crops, And Grains. Plant Flowers.

16th-17th First Day Excellent For Planting Aboveground Crops. Second Day Favorable For Carrots, Beets, Onions, Turnips, And Other Root Crops. Both Days Good For Planting Cabbage, Lettuce And Other Leafy Vegetables, And For Planting Seedbeds. Second Day Good For Transplanting.

18th-20th Do No Planting.
21st-22nd Plant Late Beets, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, And Other Root Crops.

23rd-25th Kill Plant Pests On These Barren Days.

26th-27th Favorable Time For Planting Late Root Crops. Also Good For Vine Crops That Can Be Planted Now. Set Strawberry Plants. Good Days For Transplanting.

28th-29th Poor Planting, Fine For Cultivating Or Spraying.

30th-31st Root Crops That Can Be Planted Now Will Yield Well. Good Days For Transplanting.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 7:27 PM
dmac085
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 30, 2011
11:58 AM

Post #8530491

Thank you so much! It definitely has been a continuation of last years garden weather roller coaster ride=) Thanks for your good gardening wishes! Hope yours is a successful season as well!

cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

May 1, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8533008

dmac085, we all have to be hoping that the weather cooperates with our effort.

I feel so sorry with those tornadoes in USA, I know, even in places that NEVER has them, they do appears. A couple of month there was one in Chiloe, Souther Chile, it devastated a little fishing village. Chile never had tornadoes.
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

May 1, 2011
11:10 PM

Post #8533664

Makes a person stop and think, huh? What is really going on?
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2011
7:01 AM

Post #8536593

What's really going on is the natural geological progression of
the earth. Its been happening for millions of years, its just that
humans are around to watch it and tying every superstition they
can to it. Thats my opinion anyway.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

May 3, 2011
6:09 PM

Post #8537913

What is going on, in my opinion, is that the Earth Magnetic Field are changing drastically. The north pole is moving ever slowly toward Siberia and this is affecting the weather.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/29dec_magneticfield/

Also, not to be an alarmist, in other words the axis is changing, not only as a natural geological progression as Cris316, but the latest earthquake , the one in Chile in 2/27/2010 and lately the one in Japan 3/11/11 move the earth axis some points to Siberia.

Interesting, eh?
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

May 3, 2011
10:25 PM

Post #8538592

Yeah! Interesting...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Gardening by the Moon Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Moon calendar? nivlac 13 Jul 11, 2007 5:46 PM
Welcome to the Gardening by the Moon forum dave 67 Dec 27, 2008 6:47 AM
Those who know how to read an almanac defoecat 81 Jul 10, 2007 1:03 AM
Moon Phases threegardeners 9 Jul 11, 2007 9:59 PM
Here's what I'd started last year .. Magpye 24 Jul 21, 2007 4:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America