Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Bulbs: Caught a thief!

Communities > Forums > Bulbs
bookmark
Forum: BulbsReplies: 7, Views: 159
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

April 29, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8529224

Caught a 10 year old girl yank one of my tulips right out of the ground as she rode her bicycle past the yard. Followed her home and had a nice chat with mom. Bet she doesn't do that again! :)

At first she lied about where the tulip came from and then she said 'oh was that yours? I didn't know that'. I asked "is it yours?" "no" "then if it isn't yours, taking something that doesn't belong to you is stealing". I then got in my vehicle and followed her home and had a nice little chat with her mom. On top of it all, she threw it in the street before she got home! Her mom made her go get it and apologize.

I would gladly cut flowers for the kids if they wanted some...all they have to do is ask. But I really take offense when they have no respect and do not care about destroying other people's things.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Bulbs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing Tuberose in CA SteveK 2 Aug 27, 2007 3:24 AM
hyacinth bulbs debi_z 12 Oct 31, 2007 11:48 AM
Supplier for caldium bulbs Bulk??? plantsdirect 10 Dec 28, 2010 9:42 AM
what are these and why don't they bloom? woodspirit1 24 Jun 25, 2009 7:40 PM
gardeners......... help!!!! stephanie_74 12 Jul 7, 2011 5:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America