Caught a thief!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Caught a 10 year old girl yank one of my tulips right out of the ground as she rode her bicycle past the yard. Followed her home and had a nice chat with mom. Bet she doesn't do that again! :)

At first she lied about where the tulip came from and then she said 'oh was that yours? I didn't know that'. I asked "is it yours?" "no" "then if it isn't yours, taking something that doesn't belong to you is stealing". I then got in my vehicle and followed her home and had a nice little chat with her mom. On top of it all, she threw it in the street before she got home! Her mom made her go get it and apologize.

I would gladly cut flowers for the kids if they wanted some...all they have to do is ask. But I really take offense when they have no respect and do not care about destroying other people's things.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I had some tulip yankers once upon a time. Funny thing was that I didn't catch them myself...other kids in the neighborhood came to my door to tell on them. I didn't ask them to tell me any names, just told them to inform the other kids that those wouldn't grow back if they yanked them out. I think it was enough to know that they would get ratted out if they did it again.
See, this is why I buy wrapping paper, girl scout cookies, and whatever else the kids are peddling around. Buy some stuff, buy some loyalty!

Good thing your kid's mom was supportive. Ya never know.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

We buy all the stuff from the too, but I think this one was having problems. Mom said she has been getting into trouble at school and I'm not quite sure mom was following through on punishment for things this little girl has been doing (lying, picking on others, etc). I think she really is having problems with mom not giving her much attention because of mom's work and then school. Maybe she needs to come and help me in my yard! :)

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Sure sounds like she could use a bit of attention. She might really like helping you.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Wondering if you are still having issues with this neighbor girl.
Wouldnt hurt to invite her over and show her what you do in the yard. I have 3 neighbor kids who help me now. They love learning about the plants and the critters. (They even help me clean up dog poo!) Before that, they didnt care and trampled everything! I even started a little garden for them in the corner so they could have a spot to take care of and have pride in. It has really helped :)

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Aww this is a great story. I hope to get my nephew interested in gardening. He's one of those stick wielding tree terrorists. Lol he will find the sharpest poke your eye out stick and just whack away. I'd love ti teach him to use a weed hacker and do something productive with it. Lol

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

That family has moved since our issue in April. They must have moved right after this happened because I didn't see the little girl walking home from school with the other kids after that.

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Aww that's too bad. Hopefully she's behaving wherever she is.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images