Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Recipes: Love's rib glaze recipe ?

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 3, Views: 104
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
annabelle15
Niles, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 30, 2011
6:12 AM

Post #8529915

I have tried to replicate the recipe that Love's BBQ used on their ribs, it was a mixture of honey, pickling spices, and ??? Sadly the restaurant has closed and the copycat recipe sites don't have anything close to the recipe.
The glaze is clear, very sweet and really sticky, but wonderful, does anyone have something like it???
gabriell
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 3, 2011
9:45 PM

Post #8538554

No, but it sounds like something I would like.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8538926

Sounds like simple syrup is being made using anywhere from equal amounts of sugar to water to as much as twice the sugar to water ratio. The sugar is heated in the water with the spices and dissolved. Honey is added while the spices steep I'm not familiar with the glaze so I can't help you with the spices.

Depsi

Depsi
Orofino, ID
(Zone 6a)

May 7, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8546479

Wow, we used to have a "Love's Barbeque" in Sacramento in the 1970's out on Madison Avenue, been closed for years...what I would give to have some of their barbeque again...ribs & chicken combo, chicken pink inside from the wonderful smoke...yummm! big time...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America