"Favorites" heading vanished

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Can anyone give me a hint as to what I might have inadvertently done to make my "Favorites" heading vanish? It was here till just a week or so ago (I don't use it, it's the Spousal Unit's "go to" heading for his sites). The only thing I did about that time was get a "thing" asking if I wanted to upgrade to I.E. 9...........and I did. Could that have made it disappear??? Grrrr.............

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Look at the upper right corner of your browser screen to see if there is a house (home), a star (favorites) and a cog wheel (tools).

Atlanta, GA

Hi Anna,

I am not sure but upgrading to IE 9 probably reset your settings when using IE. Open IE and then click on Tools on the top menu - should be on the right. Then click on "Menu Bar" or "Favorites Bar". The menu bar should bring back the Favorites as a menu selection. The Favorites bar should give you an entire bar at the top that allows you to click on your favorite sites.

Hope that helps,

Bill

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Yup, I found the star. Muchas gracias............:>) The Spousal Unit will be very happy he has his "favorites" tab back again.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Upgrading your IE should not change your favorites. I think you, as did I, lose your Google task bar which you can reinstall. You can also backup your favorites into a separate folder if you have any type of backup software. I use the Norton backup.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I upgraded to IE9 and didn't like how it changed my toolbars and other things, so uninstalled it-

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I left it, as long as I now know where SU can find his favorites.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images