Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is Beautiful: up north and down south

Communities > Forums > Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is Beautiful
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is BeautifulReplies: 0, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

May 2, 2011
4:50 AM

Post #8533853

I grew up seeing two, huge bleeding hearts that grew at a friend's house every spring in the town high up in the Idaho Rockies where I was raised. The plants had to have been very old as the house was built prior to 1900. They bloomed profusely and were a source of amazement to me every year. A few years ago, I went back to visit that old house and there they were, blooming like crazy.
However, I've tried them several times in OKC and have not been able to keep them alive through the hot, dry summers no matter what I do to make them feel at home.
Ah well, at least I know they are still growing somewhere!
LOL

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bleeding Hearts - Bizarre is Beautiful Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
so many bleeding hearts, so little time! Kathleen 3 May 15, 2008 7:30 PM
Beautiful! melody 4 May 19, 2008 11:49 PM
A touch of zone envy JaxFlaGardener 3 May 15, 2008 9:00 PM
Is it proper to trim Star Magnolia Bush? And when??? _ Af baurer 1 May 25, 2008 11:32 PM
I didn't know... nanny_56 0 May 15, 2008 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America