Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Memory Garden: (tubbytee) William T. Terry

Communities > Forums > Memory Garden
bookmark
Forum: Memory GardenReplies: 35, Views: 689
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8534505

William T. Terry, known to DG as tubbytee passed away on April 28th, 2011. He joined us on Dec. 6th, 2008 and loved trading with other members and container gardening. He enjoyed participating in swaps and round-robin trades and was a friendly and helpful member who made many special friends here.

He enjoyed the series threads, where the conversations are continued for many months and was long-time participant in the 'Sweet Interruptions' and 'Best/Worst/What did I learn today chat with friends...' thread series. When he became too ill to participate, his wife, Shirley, posted for him and gave members updates on his condition.

We will miss his sunny attitude and joy of life.

Here is the link to his obituary and his arrangements: http://fremonttribune.com/news/local/obituaries/article_f0bb7444-7273-11e0-9808-001cc4c03286.html

Thumbnail by melody
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 2, 2011
10:29 AM

Post #8534673

God looked around his garden And He found an empty place. And then He looked down upon the earth,And saw your tired face. He put His arms around you,And lifted you to rest. God's garden must be beautiful, He always takes the best. He knew that you were suffering, He knew you were in pain,He knew that you would neverGet well on earth again. He saw the road was getting rough, And the hills were hard to climb, So He closed your weary eyelids,And whispered"Peace be thine." It broke our hearts to lose you. But you didn't go alone, For part of us went with you,The day God called you home.

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

We will surely miss you Tubby, it was the routine to open our thread to get our morning laugh! Always without fail there was a chuckle waiting for us all!!!

Know that the girls on the Best/Worse/What did I learn today thread will continue to take Shirley under wing and cherish her as you have done!!!!
You've left her in good hands!!!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 2, 2011
11:00 AM

Post #8534716

Tubby will be very much missed...I met Tubby on the 'Sweet Interruptions' thread ,but , I know he and his Darling and Devoted Wife Shirley were dedicated members of the 'Best/Worse/What did I learn today? Chat with friends.. ' thread and the ladies will miss Tubby not making an appearance there daily with his wisdom and cheer !!!!!!!!!!

Love Lives On
(Amanda Bradley)

Those we love
are never really lost to us -
we feel them
in so many special ways-
through friends
they always cared about
and dreams they left behind,
in beauty that they added to our days...
in words of wisdom we still carry with us
and memories that never will be gone...
Those we love are never really lost to us -
For everywhere their special love lives on.

Thumbnail by synda

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 2, 2011
1:01 PM

Post #8534921

God Bless you Tubby, you will be missed!
Sending many thoughts and prayers to his wife Shirley!
Many (((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) too!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 2, 2011
2:47 PM

Post #8535157

Prayers are with the family as they go thru the services. Bless you all.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

May 3, 2011
6:03 AM

Post #8536466

God bless you Tubby, you will be missed greatly here. Will be praying for you too Shirley, and the rest of the family.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2011
7:02 AM

Post #8536599

We will truly miss you my friend. And I'll do my best to always be there for Shirley...
Love to you
Barb and Norm

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 3, 2011
4:55 PM

Post #8537760

Shirley - a part of Tubby returns every time you post. We were blessed with Tubby when he visited, now we're blessed by having you join us in "Sweet Interruptions" and "Best/Worst"
Thank you Lord for giving us the dear friendship of Tubby & Shirley, everlasting.
I bought a red Hibiscus in Tubby's memory and it graces our table inside until it's warm enough to take outside. I will always think of him whenever I see the bright red blooms.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 3, 2011
7:55 PM

Post #8538235

My thoughts and prayers go out to Tubbys Wife and family.. It was always a pleasure to visit with and trade with Tubby..He was loved and will be missed.. Trish

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
10:45 AM

Post #8539342

Dearest Shirley,
Tubby will certainly be missed by so many, as he's one of those rare individuals who leaves us with happy memories.
I thank the Lord for "Tubby's Blessings" be they his brand of humor, advice and even seeds.

For sure, the "Ice Cream King" will be enjoying all the flavors up there.

Jaye

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2011
6:03 AM

Post #8655225

Thinking of you this morning my friend. Remembering... And saying prayers for Shirley.
katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

July 2, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8668996

I'm so sorry to hear of his passing - what a good friend he was to many. Heaven has gained an angel and another gardener!

Kathleen

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 3, 2011
4:34 PM

Post #8670320

With July 4th coming up Shirley, I know it will be a difficult day...sending hugs and prayers...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8671116

Love to you Shirley and smiles as I think of Tubby. How he loved the Fourth...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 4, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8671401

Happy 4th of July/ Independance Day to all my US friends!!
I hope your day is wonderful, spent doing what pleases you most
:-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2011
7:59 AM

Post #8671418

Thank you Susan!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 13, 2011
2:30 PM

Post #8690536

Thinking of Tubby today,,, ((((((((((((((((Shirly)))))))))))))))) I hope today finds you with a peaceful heart..
Elfie

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 13, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8690555

http://www.clarrissegill.com/videoclips/amazing_grace.php

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 29, 2011
4:14 AM

Post #8828827

Shirley, your loss has also had an impact on us...few morning I don't go to post on our thread and remember his morning humor ...offering you prayers and warm hugs
tubbytee
Ames, NE
(Zone 5b)

October 7, 2011
5:31 AM

Post #8839274

This morning as I set here looking at some of the post and watched to Amazing Grace video I ache for his laughter and the twinkle in his eyes as he is thinking of something to say or do. I know that he is always with me and all of you. I also know that he is keeping watch on all of us. Yes, we were blessed to have the time we had with him. The love will never stop, but always grow stronger.
Thank you all for your thoughtfulness and prayers. May God keep you all in his arms!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
5:48 AM

Post #8839293

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Shirley )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

October 7, 2011
6:01 AM

Post #8839313

Thanks Shirley, and hugs to you. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful hubby with us all and for letting all of us be a part of your lives. He brought so much to all of us. I still have some of his hardy hibiscus seeds that I love sharing with others so there will be a lot of his beautiful plants everywhere. :-)

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2011
7:07 AM

Post #8839376

We just planted them here in NH too!!! Love to you Shirley...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 7, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8839489

((((((((((((Shirley)))))))))))))) Love you, girl! ...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 7, 2011
9:11 AM

Post #8839503

He definitely was a character you had to love..miss him but Shirley think he led you to us so you'd not be lonely...we hold you tightly with love...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 27, 2012
11:33 PM

Post #9100794

My thoughts and prayers are with Shirley this morning !

Tubby always posted a bit of his humor to start our day and make each and everyone of us feel special.

Missing Tubby right along with you...

Hugs Shirley !!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9101043

And I'm here as well Shirley. The tulip I planted for Tubby last year is in bud and will open today. I miss him too. God bless you Shirley and know we are still here for you...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9101046

Very rarely I indulge in ice-cream. But each time I did, thoughts of Tubby the "Ice Cream King" came to my mind.
Hugs Shirley.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 28, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #9101204

(((((Shirley))))))) soft hugs to you, on this day of memory.
Love you, girl!
tubbytee
Ames, NE
(Zone 5b)

May 1, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9105291

Thank You for all your thoughtfulness and prayers. Yes, Tubby you are missed dearly by so many, but you are with us everyday in what ever we are doing. Thank you for all the wonderful memories you have given us and we cherish everyone of them now and always. Our love for you still grows stronger every day.
Love forever and ever my dear.
Your loving wife,
Shirley

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 1, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9105465

Beautiful!!!!♥ ♥

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 1, 2012
1:05 PM

Post #9105896

((((((((((((Shirley)))))))))))) I don't think it could be said any better - we DO all miss Tubby... such an influence for Fun in our lives. We're all better for having "met" him, either IRL (in real life) or "virtually"... I met him Virtually, but he's still touched my life, and continues to do so.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 2, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9106837

(((((((((((( Shirley )))))))))))))

Think of you often. Been reading tubbys old posts this past year,,, such a wonderful man.

I hope things have been going well for you..

Huggs
Elfie

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2013
6:06 AM

Post #9489370

The snow has finally left my garden and I took my first walk of the year. And there is Tubby's Tulip poking it's head up to tell me Spring has arrived. It will be late blooming this year but bloom it will. Thank you Tubby as I know it is you helping it.
Sending my prayers to Shirley as I do daily and hoping you are doing well with your sister. We miss you and hope you can pop in again soon...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 19, 2013
6:36 AM

Post #9489418

thoughts yesterday as it was Tubby's birthday, come Monday the anniversary of his death..
As Barb said, you are in our thoughts and prayers being during this difficult time.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 19, 2013
9:46 AM

Post #9489620

Shirley - miss your postings...
My thoughts are with you as you remember Tubby's birthday, and followed by his passing...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Memory Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
(JCF) Janet Flowers MistyMeadows 29 Jul 21, 2011 5:33 AM
( DaleP6) Dale Patricia Six Joan 5 Sep 26, 2007 6:42 PM
(Tink76627) Peggie Glover Joan 15 Jun 17, 2009 2:25 PM
(Glory) Gloria Jean Breal Lessner Joan 14 Jan 23, 2010 5:26 AM
(lmelling) Lynne Mellinger Joan 163 Feb 21, 2010 5:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America