Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

PLASTIC CANVAS STITCHING

Salisbury, MD

Has anyone here done cross stitch on plastic canvas? I thought I'd try but I could use any available suggestions. I have a stitch guide showing background, embroidery and finishing but not many instructions.

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

I have a couple of kits and started one but never finished it..... I really enjoy cross stitch and thought the plastic canvas would be fun. However, for some reason it was a bit difficult and I set it aside. Now this was a few years back so I may have an easier time when I pick it up again. If memory serves me right I had a hard time pulling the thread through the holes. I will make sure that I have a pair of needle nose pliers handy when I pick it up again. Have you started anything yet? Herschners catalog has some really cute kits. Check it out.

Kannapolis, NC

Quote from morknotmindy :
I have a couple of kits and started one but never finished it..... I really enjoy cross stitch and thought the plastic canvas would be fun. However, for some reason it was a bit difficult and I set it aside. Now this was a few years back so I may have an easier time when I pick it up again. If memory serves me right I had a hard time pulling the thread through the holes. I will make sure that I have a pair of needle nose pliers handy when I pick it up again. Have you started anything yet? Herschners catalog has some really cute kits. Check it out.

Look for a smaller eye needle. I ran into that problem many years ago when I first tried plastic canvas. Boy were my fingers sore! I went shopping for more supplies & found a needle with a smaller eye at Wal-Mart(i think) & it went through with little or no resistance. Maybe this will help you try again ;o)

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Hey, that makes sense. I'll give it a try. Thank you Carolyn.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.