Photo by Melody

Morning Glories: grafting annual onto perrenial mg?

Communities > Forums > Morning Glories
bookmark
Forum: Morning GloriesReplies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FLChilders
Clatskanie, OR
(Zone 8a)

May 3, 2011
12:41 PM

Post #8537230

Has anyone here read anything about this idea working . To extend the life of an
annual mg, ie , I.nhil, by grafting onto ( a cutting with roots) I. battatus , could be beneficial for a valuable f1, you need more seeds from next year. It seems to me, that the culling you can get done
in the f1 and f2 is the most valuable culling. It should save you from extensive culling later as you zero in on the goal. Well, here goes, more research on grafting and tissue culture. Frank
FLChilders
Clatskanie, OR
(Zone 8a)

May 3, 2011
1:28 PM

Post #8537318

http://cropgenebank.sgrp.cgiar.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=284&Itemid=413&lang=english

This is interesting. I.nhil is used as a rootstock, to make the sweet potatoe produce a profusion of seeds for the seed bank. lol

Sweet Potatoes!!!!! not yams. Yams are in Dioscorea and not related to mgs. Even though the above article is about grafting Battata onto I.nhil, it is Proof that the graft will work. Safeway here I come! Frank

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Morning Glories Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wild Morning Glory. poppysue 12 Feb 9, 2012 10:32 PM
Help! Teens making MG tea. ? getting high! help mingsmimi 5 Jul 18, 2009 4:33 PM
Now ain't that purdy?! (Morning Glory pic) Seedsower 48 Mar 9, 2007 10:29 AM
Ipomoea Seeds 101 QueenB 27 Nov 19, 2008 1:03 PM
Wild Potato Vine - Need help with pollenation KevinTernes 22 Aug 22, 2007 10:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America