Photo by Melody

Article: Keep Your Feline Frisky! Feed Them Fresh Garden Greens: Cats and greens

Communities > Forums > Article: Keep Your Feline Frisky! Feed Them Fresh Garden Greens
bookmark
Forum: Article: Keep Your Feline Frisky! Feed Them Fresh Garden GreensReplies: 0, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dordee
Silex, MO

May 3, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8537537

You might also like to try lemon grass. I got some stalks from an oriental food store. You put them in a glass with about 2" of water in it and after a few days, you have roots. (Try to get stalks with root buds at the bottom). Then plant them in the garden. They won't survive freezing so you have to replenish each year unless you put them in large pots and bring them in each fall. Of course, if you live in a warm climate, no problem. I got lemon grass for cooking but soon discovered my 7 cats munching away at the leaves so now it is my new cat grass. It grows from 4' up (a friend living in Thailand and Cambodia had plants up to 6'.) It is great in oriental dishes.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Keep Your Feline Frisky! Feed Them Fresh Garden Greens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cats will thank you! podster 11 Apr 30, 2012 9:56 AM
Now I see why I couldn't find cat grass vossner 5 May 10, 2012 9:51 AM
My Dolly loves her cat grass!! Sunflower1888 0 May 2, 2011 10:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America