Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Yummy, the Macadamia nut!: Macadamia - good tree, bad nut

Communities > Forums > Article: Yummy, the Macadamia nut!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Yummy, the Macadamia nut!Replies: 2, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mcfarland
Brenham, TX

May 9, 2011
9:31 AM

Post #8549750

Good article; however, most nutritionists would agree to minimize if not negate Macadamia nuts in the diets. They are high in the wrong kind of cholesterol and fats (poly high saturated fats mostly). Best to stick with pecans, walnuts and almonds; followed by peanuts (which aren't nuts at all.)
emilieanne
Essex, CT

May 9, 2011
3:08 PM

Post #8550503

If you really want to eat them, buy them already shelled. As a perfectly round object, they are impossible to
shell. Shells flying all over kitchen and crushed nut meats. If you know better, do tell me how as my Hawiian
children have a few trees. I was told in Hawaii that macdam was named after same man. Not true ?

Emilie Miller
emilie1414@msn.com

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

May 10, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8551666

I would say that all nuts are good as long as don't overeat which is good for most food...
Breaking the shell takes some skill but nowhere as strenuous as coconuts! MacAdam is a fairly common name, the two guys are homonymous but still different people.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Yummy, the Macadamia nut! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Memories catmad 5 May 10, 2011 4:56 AM
nut trees sandyshere 1 May 10, 2011 5:03 AM
The Mac that is good for you! nina_platter 1 May 10, 2011 4:58 AM
Who knew????? Thanks for the education! luv2wok 2 May 16, 2011 6:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America