Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jrucinski
Phoenixville, PA

May 10, 2011
8:46 AM

Post #8552092

I recently planted 4 variegated yucca plants. The variegated refers to the leaves having different shades of color...yellow, pink, green...
I am wondering how often these should be watered. I don't want to overwater, or underwater, and am seeking that "just right" balance.

Thanks!

ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 10, 2011
1:11 PM

Post #8552641

Unfortunately there's no one size fits all rule on watering frequency. It depends on a lot of things, including how well your soil drains and it will vary depending on how warm it is outside. Since they're newly planted they will need to be watered more frequently than they will once they're established. I like to do the finger test--stick your finger down a few inches into the soil and see how wet it is. If it's still wet, don't water but if it's starting to dry out then go ahead and water. Once they've had a chance to get established, you should let them dry out more in between waterings.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Landscaping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Landscaping forum! dave 65 Dec 11, 2011 8:57 PM
Landscape Transformation - join me! LarissaH 7 Mar 4, 2007 10:31 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new , and I need some landscaping help. Mrsfed04 32 Mar 9, 2012 9:12 PM
Encourage growth to Arborvitae carbo3595 15 Jul 2, 2010 8:11 PM
Update on our lanscaping situation. Mrsfed04 8 Jun 12, 2011 11:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America