Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Trading: HAVE: Daylilies, Mints, Herbs, Pond Plants

Communities > Forums > Plant Trading
bookmark
Forum: Plant TradingReplies: 0, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2011
10:47 AM

Post #8554801

I have the following plants for trade (none for postage at this time). Plants will be well-rooted (not cuttings or seeds). They may be small since it's early in the season, but they've all been grown in ground for a year or more and roots are well developed.

I'm looking to trade for other zone 7 perennials (no cuttings or seeds), roses, etc as listed at the end of this post. I'm always open to suggestions but I usually do not grow tropicals anymore since I'd have to dig and store for winter.

DAYLILIES: One trade is one Double Fan (DF) unless otherwise stated below with TF (Triple Fan):

You can look these daylilies up in the database at http://www.tinkersgardens.com to see what they look like and how tall they get. If you need to see some that aren't shown there, let me know and I'll post pics from my gardens here.

Darius
Whooperee
Black Plush
Pink Ballerina
Well All Right
Duke of Durham
Kecia
Siloam Ethel Smith
Wineberry Candy
Hudson Valley - TF
Happy Returns - TF
Franz Hals - TF
Rocket City
Dacquiri
Kwanso
Prairie Blue Eyes
Miss Jessie
Green Puff
Two to Tango (Special Trade)
Wineberry Candy - TF
NOID 44 Peach with Petaloids (pictured below)

Other Plants:

Blue Spiderwort

Hot Pink Spiderwort

Louisiana Iris - Little Rock Skies

Louisiana Iris - Blue

Sedum - Yellow blooming, gets about a foot tall - sun or shade, wet or dry

Physostegia - Purple Obedient plant, False Dragonshead

Saponaria - Pink Soapwort

Spice Mint

Blackberry Mint

Ginger Mint - tiny plants - just broke ground

Silver Mint - a few small plants coming up

Lemon Balm

Water Plants:

Parrots Feathers

Pickerel Rush

Lizards Tail

In return I'm looking for plants that are hardy in zone 7.

I also do not accept cuttings or seeds in trade. The plants I send you will be well rooted and I need the same please. I have no time or skill to deal with cuttings or seeds.

I'm looking for the following, but I'm open to other ideas too, and I'd consider something non plant as well if it's something I could use.

a climbing rose, preferrably The Fairy climber, the Iceberg climber, or some other climbing that rose that blooms most of the summer. Something with a romantic name would be nice too since it's going in the wedding garden on an entrance arbor.

Joe Pye Weed

Clematis - red, white, pink, doubles

Tall Garden Phlox - named, as I have several varieties now

Butterfly bushes in various colors

White TX star hibiscus

Named hardy hibiscus like Clown, etc.

Bee Balm - named, as I have several varieties

Verbascum

Other perennials for full sun, butterfly attracting plants

Bottlebrush tree

Unusual shrubs or trees

Plants with unusual foliage, or black or yellow foliage

Anything to fit the themes of my various gardens (Aphrodite's Love in the Mist garden, Unity Garden, Aloha Garden, Petals and Wings Butterfly Garden, Serenity Japanese Garden)

Anything with a music theme to celebrate the release of my son's first professionally produced CD. He does rock/pop, but got his start doing Johnny Cash songs

Non-Plant items I could use:

Molds for making concrete garden decor

Pet meds for two large dogs (Heartgard and Advantix or Frontline)

I'm open to other suggestions. I'll add other plants to my haves list when they pop up.

This message was edited May 11, 2011 4:22 PM

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plant Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
have colts foot and a goldenseal bloomingidiot 5 May 29, 2009 7:56 PM
Crocosmia Zanymuse 17 Oct 25, 2007 1:37 AM
CLOSED: Yucca? Melissa_Ohio 8 Apr 6, 2008 3:43 PM
hardy glad bulbs and small yucca plants catbirdsue 8 Apr 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Wanted : Tri color Strawberry Begonia,Blue Sky Flower MsCritterkeeper 18 Feb 23, 2009 11:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America