-
AuthorContent
silverfluter
Fredericksburg, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 11, 2011
4:57 PM

Post #8556344

There is a micro brewery here that gives away their mash (not sure that's the right term). I remember reading something about using this stuff for fertilizer or making compost or something, but I can't find the thread. Does anybody remember that. I checked the tags for brewer's yeast and didn't find anything. I am not exactly sure I can get this stuff yet, but I thought I should first ask and see if it's something I can use without stinking up the neighborhood or attracting deer. I attract enough deer already.
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2011
6:08 AM

Post #8557286

Try googling used hops, spent grains or spent hops. I saw an article on keeping dogs out of the hops because they are poisonous to them and smell sweet.

I would also see if you can find something on the salt content of the used hops as vegimit is very salty.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Organic Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Miracle Gro darius 70 May 14, 2013 6:35 AM
Not Gardening, but Organic information darius 14 Feb 20, 2008 9:10 PM
pumpkins & borers roseofkaren 25 Feb 24, 2008 8:39 PM
Brewer's grain vs. Alfalfa meal/pellets for amendments? tabasco 9 Nov 3, 2008 6:36 PM
Raised beds & soil-borne disease sfk 9 Apr 6, 2008 4:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America