Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Talk: Who Removes your Dead? (Wildlife)

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 3, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
enidcandles
Enid, OK

May 12, 2011
9:58 AM

Post #8557789

Who is responsible for this less than appealing task at your house - and what do you do with the carcasses?

Every time there is something dead in my yard (which is daily), I point it out to DH and he says: "I will get that for you in a bit honey" - and he never, ever gets it!
I scoop it up with a trowel or whatever is handy and dump it in the garbage bin for the city to pick up on Tuesdays. Mind you, my garbage takes on a whole new aroma this time of year - at least in the winter the little bodies are frozen!

Just had to vent folks, this task is driving me crazy!!

I have two cats that love to hunt - I don't mind because they keep the moles/voles killed off but do they really have to bring me everything they catch?
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 16, 2011
9:07 AM

Post #8566826

They bring you everything they catch and kill, because they are showing you they are doing their jobs... nasty as it can be, you are supposed to praise them.

I have always had the job of disposing of all the little bodies - but it is well worth it for me to do that and to have my kitties.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Click the image for an enlarged view.

enidcandles
Enid, OK

May 16, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8567256

Ah - too cute!
The gray cat - are it's eyes blue or green - beautiful either way!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 16, 2011
2:12 PM

Post #8567453

Her eyes are green. She's the princess - or at least she thinks she is...:-)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America