Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
catnapper
Fort Lauderdale, FL

May 12, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8558646

FL Zone 10 our Saint Augustine grass was attacked at the end of last year by Chinch bugs. Treated, however it was to late to and now I have sand and weeds, lots of weeds. Was told that I could shave the weeds down with the mower and apply Round Up and then lay the sod. Asked about tilling the weeds and was told "NO" that it would just spread the weed seed. I have replaced sod before but not a whole backyard of it ourselves and not over dead weeds. Any help would be most appreciated, Thanks! This is my first time so please be gentle!

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

May 12, 2011
9:04 PM

Post #8559347

Of course, we'll be gentle

Do you normally just lay sod that far south? or can you use grass seed? I've killed off large areas of weeds with Roundup and then used a power seeder to over seed the area with success. You def would NOT want to till.
Of course I would love to rip all the grass out and put in flowers.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Landscaping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Landscaping forum! dave 65 Dec 11, 2011 8:57 PM
Landscape Transformation - join me! LarissaH 7 Mar 4, 2007 10:31 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new , and I need some landscaping help. Mrsfed04 32 Mar 9, 2012 9:12 PM
Encourage growth to Arborvitae carbo3595 15 Jul 2, 2010 8:11 PM
Update on our lanscaping situation. Mrsfed04 8 Jun 12, 2011 11:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America