Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Fiddleheads!!!: Fiddlehead Flavor(s)

Communities > Forums > Article: Fiddleheads!!!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fiddleheads!!!Replies: 1, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
NordicFletch
Stanchfield, MN

May 15, 2011
11:49 AM

Post #8564479

I just had the extreme pleasure of eating some fiddleheads (Ostrich fern) that I accidentally transplanted along with some strawberries; I have resolved to go find some growing "in the wild" this week (if there are any still in the fiddlehead stage of growth, that is). The flavor, after being sautéed in lightly-salted sweet cream butter, reminded me of fresh-from-the-garden green beans.

So, what do fiddleheads remind y'all of?
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

May 19, 2011
3:15 PM

Post #8574352

Fiddleheads taste like SPRING!!

Those and asparagus, which is also a fern are the way my taste buds can break out of winter mode with it's surfeit of root veg or imported tasteless stuff.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fiddleheads!!! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fiddleheads AYankeeCat 17 May 8, 2011 1:41 AM
Fiddlehead hunting nnwwhh 2 May 8, 2011 1:12 AM
fiddlehead danger burien_gardener 2 May 8, 2011 1:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America