-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
4:45 AM

Post #8568700

Rule number one is HAVE FUN! If you can't bring a sense of humor or a smile to the party don't come.

Rule number two is about the "gifting" of birthday goodies. New plan that I hope will solve the problems of most of the people with financial issues. All goodies must fall into one of these 3 categories:

1. A handmade or crafted something that you do. Most everyone I know on DG sews, paints, crafts or does some sort of hobby that they could share in some small way with the birthday people. If it is only a handmade card that you can send for $.44 that is terrific.

2. Second category would be plants. Hey we are a gardening forum after all. A lot of folks have extras or starts or cuttings. Send what you can afford to ship.

3. Gift cards for plants, or gardening related items or anything else that people have mentioned in their wishlists. I am not going to set an amount. Make it whatever your budget allows. Once again it is about the thought and the effort. Anyone that does crafts would love a card to Micheals or JoAnns etc. I know I would. Keep in mind a lot of gift cards can be done online eliminating the postage issue all together.

Now that we have the ground rules set I encourage everyone to go to the New Likes and Dislikes link and adjust their posts accordingly. List your plant wants. List the places you like to shop or would like a gift card from.

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8142063
Donnaspins (Donna) Feb. 14
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8057458
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7958412
Janaestone - (Dianae) April 12 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886210
JenniferShipway (Jennifer) April 22 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8275040
Merrymath (Mary) April 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8291134
momoftwo607 (Erin) May 6 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7885884
Crit (Patti) May 10 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8217784
LoveForests June 8 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8448650
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8039522
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7896427
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886786
GardenQuail (Michelle) October 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8242576
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8005430

New Likes/ Wants Thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107561/

This message was edited May 24, 2011 9:53 AM

This message was edited May 29, 2011 6:41 PM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
4:50 AM

Post #8568707

Good Morning Everyone!!!

It is raining again here. (sorry Joy).. Had an inch over last night.

Can all the wayward children (Maggie, Mary and Jen) please give me a shout. Either here or in a dmail. While absence makes the heart grow fonder in this group it gets you deleted. :))

Just call me MIss Grumpy Pants or maybe Miss Achy Breaky Butt Cheek LOL!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 17, 2011
5:46 AM

Post #8568801

To the Fallen Butt-cheek girls!!! yea!!!!
Crit, Babe is beautiful. she is a good looking horse. The mule looks cute in the pot and the draagan can hang fro a limb of a little tree if you have one.
Christina, you are next on my mule list, Michelle is too. No one gets away with out a mule of some sort. right now I believe I like the plant pokes but am still doing ornaments too.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
8:18 AM

Post #8569079

I took the now abandoned birds nest out of my upside-down tomato planter and put Mr. Dragon on it. I'm trying to figure a way to keep it and not have it blow away when then winds kick up. It is such a work of art. i still have theirs from last year too that was in my cow skull.

Thank you for the compliment on Babe. She's turning into a real good girl. I have a thing about black horses. I just love them. My other one is black also, but doesn't have the white on her face, but has 3 white socks. Babe has one. Frisky got into something and has a nasty, gooey sore under her chin. Looks like something scratched her or poked her real bad or something. So she isn't real happy with me right now because I have to doctor her. Still haven't gotten to ride her! She's a youngster, probably 2, and has a lot of filling out to do. I don't know if she will ever be as pretty as my Babe.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 17, 2011
9:04 AM

Post #8569148

Hey Crit, you will love my black horse!

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8569158

Is that Socks, your pasture pretty? She sure would make any pasture look prettier!!!!!!!!!!!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
9:15 AM

Post #8569180

Hey Joy..How is Evan's horse doing??
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 17, 2011
9:27 AM

Post #8569208

Neener, I think Jen is in the middle of moving again - heard that on another thread somewhere on here.

I've had merry's present sitting here waiting until she came back to let us know she was home. Mary - where are you? :)

Crit..I'm still looking for yours - it's very specific -and I have to get this for you so you'll have a longer bday time than usual.

Erin, I'm waiting on yours for a reason and you'll know why when you receive the package.

Hope neither of you mind me being a bit late.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 17, 2011
11:53 AM

Post #8569478

Hello, just checking in...me don't want to be AWOL! Do love the Bday gifts...both, the giving and the receiving.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
12:19 PM

Post #8569536

That's fine Di. No worries here
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2011
1:16 PM

Post #8569621

That fine Di. I don't mind. =)

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 17, 2011
1:53 PM

Post #8569685

Yes Crit that is my Sox, we were doing the math yesterday and figured that she is about 19 now, quite old for a draft horse, and not a gray hair on her.

Neener, Evan's horse, Rio, is fat and sassy. He is due to go back to the trainer's this week actually, if I can get Evan to take him. Rio has a couple issues that are not good for a beginner and Raymond will specifically address them and give Evan some riding lessons too. It is nice to have one of the best cutting horse trainers beholden to you, lol, when money is tight. I don't even have a current picture of Rio. I am so behind.

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
2:04 PM

Post #8569707

Checking in too.

Bees love your May Night Salvia, Erin.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2011
2:23 PM

Post #8569740

the amethyst snow centaurea that I have from you should be blooming soon. If we ever get anymore sun. lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
3:19 PM

Post #8569870

Yeah, I know what you mean. We're soaked and the rain just keeps on coming. My plant was at it's peak about a month ago. Hang in there :)

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8569886

I can't wait to see it!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8569898

All that growth from a 4" pot two years ago. It's a nice spreader but is easily contained or divided.

For those of you who don't already know, check out the Perennials swap I have going on. There's plenty of room in the group. Closing date isn't til May 31st.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1182189/

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 17, 2011
3:43 PM

Post #8569911

I have 'Amethyst in Snow' as well. I just love it; mine just bloomed this past week and is looking wonderful right now. Last summer, I traded the heck out of it - too much, to be honest - but it came back strong as ever for me this year. I love how big it's gotten and just spread out in a beautiful mound. I thought I might have done it in with all the trading then the drought last year but that is one tough plant!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8569937

I've got Erin's and Patti's gifts sitting on my kitchen table..I'll find boxes and hopefully get them in the mail tomorrow. I'm such a scatterbrain anymore!

I was out last weekend trying out the camera that I finally got back - making sure that it's working ok for my trip to VA in a week (woohoo!!) and this is a picture that I took :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
4:01 PM

Post #8569940

Are you getting "goose bumps?" LOL!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2011
4:02 PM

Post #8569945

I need a better camera, with a zoom. I tried to take a picture of a hummer and it turned out blurry and I was only 10 feet away. I have a 12mp kodak.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
4:03 PM

Post #8569949

OOHHHHHHOOHHHHHH Fruity...Goose bumps?!? Too funny.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2011
4:09 PM

Post #8569968

Please Neener.. don't encourage her!! :-)

Erin, mine is a Nikon D60 and I love it. I have a 200 mm lens, but now I want a 500mm lens LOL.. REALLLLY close up :)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2011
4:12 PM

Post #8569972

I would love one of them ...for my birthday! lol. Just kidding.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
4:15 PM

Post #8569983

Wish I had a small camera with a zoom that would fit in my pocket and be ready for moments like that too.

Glad you got a chuckle, Neener.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
4:23 PM

Post #8569996

Well, you did leave the gate wide open, Chris :)
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 17, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8570123

Hi, all!
LOL... We sure do have fun here... Chris, so glad that you got your camera fixed! Have fun on your trip :)
Susan wrote, "Wish I had a small camera with a zoom that would fit in my pocket ..."
I think that's why my husband likes taking pictures with his cell phone so much, it's with him all the time and it's small and so handy...
Ooh, a deep red amaryllis... how pretty :) When it opens, you should check to see if it has a fragrance. Some do, some don't, but when they do, they have a delicate, sweet scent. As far as moving them to where they'll get more sun, make note of where they are this year, and after they go dormant, then move them.
Babe sounds like a wonderful horse :) Give her a pat for me.
Hey, did I ever tell you all that my third guide dog rode a horse when she was a puppy? LOL Her puppy raiser was taking horseback riding lessons while raising her, and one of the times, she took her up on the horse with her! That would have been quite a sight to see! LOL
Rio... Ah, Joy, that's what Evan's horse got named. I like that name :) Hope the trainer can help you resolve those issues... Definitely nice to have someone around who can help with that.
Well, better go for now... Have a great day, all!
Michelle
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8570473

I don't remember what thread we were talking about Super Thrive, but I have a question. I looked at Lowe's and Wal-Mart and neither place knew what I was talking about. Where is it that people have found this? What does the bottle look like?
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2011
7:07 PM

Post #8570481

amazon has it
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2011
7:12 PM

Post #8570504

thanks. if i can't find it locally i'll do that. i have some i need to get it on now.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8571063

Patti, Try Home Depot, that is only place I have seen the Super Thrive and it doesn't stay there long either. Ask one of the folks and they can look it up in their computer to see if they have it on hand. That''s how I got my llast bottle..
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2011
8:34 AM

Post #8571400

Quite a few nurseries around here carry it. It comes in a small brown bottle.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2011
4:00 PM

Post #8572330

Thanks guys!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8572412

Just noticed tonight Bluestone Perennials has 5 pages of 1/2 off plants under their Specials tab. You gals still needing to cash in Gift Certificates from me, now's the time to go for it!

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
5:20 PM

Post #8572518

I did and I picked out 5 different plants between your gift certificate and Neeners. =)
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 18, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8572601

Hi, all.
Haven't heard of Super Thrive before. What do you use it for?
Michelle
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
6:16 PM

Post #8572666

FOTV: my coreopsis 'red shift' that you gave me has little buds on it. =)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8572754

Here's a pic my Coreopsis "Red Shift" last August. Be patient, Erin, for the color of the blooms to change from Yellow before yours gets Red fringe tips. It took mine two years. I really hope you got what you wanted from Bluestone :)

Michelle, SuperThrive is a liquid form of vitamins & minerals that comes in various size bottles. It smells to high Heaven just like pure vitamins do, and it's purpose is to revive plants you receive that look droopy. I paid around $10 for a 4 oz bottle at Wally World, but you only need to use a smidgen at a time. My watering can holds 2-1/2 gallons and I mix about 1/2 teaspoon of ST in it. Then when I'm finished watering, I rinse the can well since the solution isn't meant to be consumed. I have several curious cats who just love to drink out of my watering can :)

OK, all you gals with B-Days from June through December, watch your mailbox for a Bluestone Gift Certificate from me. I decided to send them early, some really super early, so you can cash them in now and take advantage of their sale.

How's your new house coming, Paula?

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2011
7:51 PM

Post #8572880

mailed May's 2 today, when came out of P.O. i had locked my keys in van i had been so upset so diaapponted since Dr. monday yesterday i nearly or thought was going to loose it all (mind) so wonder i even got to p.o. lol. take care all..

will get Junes out in time..

blessings , blessings..
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2011
5:33 AM

Post #8573322

Dear sweet Twyla, I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. Do wish I could help you, and will if you tell me how. You are loved by so many and do know you are in my prayers. Please take care and keep posting.
Faye
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2011
5:34 AM

Post #8573324

Twyla thinking of you. Please be well..
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8573792

Twyla, your've got mail
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 19, 2011
11:46 AM

Post #8574017

Good afternoon all my Sore Butt Cheeky Ladies :] Just stopping in real quick (been trying to get lots of chores & projects done).

It's been weird this early summer, the buds on my perennial Mums and Roses just want to turn a brownish muddy color and will not open up fully. I've tried a bit of Bayer advanced liquid, but it's a mystery right now :[

Charlene, Yayyyy! I get a Charley sculpture. I'm doing a happy dance =]
Thank you so much!! :]

Hope43, You're being a tough Lady and know you are doing the best ya can with things. Hang in there, take things easy and take good care of yourself. ~Hug to you~

Pattie, that mare has a gorgeous coat. Such a beauty.

Gotta run, time to do some puppy poop pickin' (yikies), and then give the old pup a bath.

Hugs to all.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2011
12:02 PM

Post #8574044

Was just thinking about you a few minutes ago Christine.. Too weird. :0)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2011

Post #8574470

Thank you Christine. She really is a pretty horse! I just love her.

I got a great birthday box from Erin (momoftwo) today. I received Dahlia bulbs-Kelvin Floodlight, Day Lilly plant Billy Stennett and a Columbine plant. Plus Hershey's kisses and a really pretty Leanin' Tree card. THANK YOU ERIN!!!!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 19, 2011
4:32 PM

Post #8574514

no problem. Glad that it finally arrived!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2011
4:51 PM

Post #8574540

I have the plants soaking and re-hydrating right now. Can't wait to get them planted!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 19, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8574628

Hi, all.
Ah, that's what Super Thrive is. Thanks for letting me know :) I tend to use the time release granules since it's easier for me to measure. I have my husband help me with the liquid plant food we use for my amaryllis seedlings. But I'll keep the Super Thrive in mind in case I should find a need for it... You just never know when a tip like that will come in handy :)
Ooh, an early birthday present! :D Thanks, Fruity! I'll definitely be watching the mail. Hmmm, will have to look at their site and start thinking of what I might want to get.
Twyla, so sorry you didn't get the news from the doctor that you were hoping for. Will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Take care, all.
Michelle
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2011
6:46 PM

Post #8574724

You're very welcome, Michelle. The catch is you have to let me know what you order. Really hope it's something new you haven't tried before and is fragrant :)

We're a tight knit group, Twyla, and like Faye said, we're here for you and are here to help you any way we can. {{Big Hugs}}
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 19, 2011
7:35 PM

Post #8574882

Hehee, Neener, you must be psychic! ;]
Have sent ya a Dmail.

Crit, wow those are great gifts :]

Real quick, here is one kind of flower (Gazannia?) that seems to be blooming very well, while my other flower types are looking miserable ... I love this flower so much now, I'm going to sow a few more seeds, (the color is so bright).

~Have a nice night and Friday everyone~

Thumbnail by LoveForests

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2011
4:00 AM

Post #8575196

DH loves Gazania. They really like hot sun and I can't give them enough of that here. They are so pretty!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2011
4:57 AM

Post #8575349

I had one come up this year. I must of planted it last year and didn't remember. It is so pretty. I put some more seed out. Now if this rain doesn't wash all the seeds to the bottom of the bed. :-(

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 20, 2011
8:36 AM

Post #8575653

Zinnia, is it?
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2011
8:44 AM

Post #8575664

LaDIES you ae all best why i let everything get me so down i know better seems piles up , prayers are big help knowing i have friends really really does..

everyone be well, raining here lots. have blessed week end happiness..

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 20, 2011
9:06 AM

Post #8575699

It's is good to have rain, I've been watering my flowers. We need rain. You haven't been getting too much , have you Twyla?
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 20, 2011
2:46 PM

Post #8576170

Same here Crit, the dang rainy season should of started here already, this year it's late. My yard is full of tan'brown grass and many drying weeds and wide sand patches :[
When the temps go above 85 degrees I water the flowers/plants every other day and small potted plants every single day.

Charlene, the orange flowers I was talking about are 'Gazania Daybreak, Orange Cream Hybrid', wow, I love them. They are starting to get several buds now instead of just one per plant. It did'nt take them long to grow 8 inches tall and bloom a flower.

Found out why my roses and mum-blooms look like a muddy brown mess, it's called 'Southern Blight'. I hate this blight crap, lol. The blooms open halfway then just turn brown and then shrivel-up. Just gave all of them a good dose of 'Bayer Advanced' for the soil and also the spray for the leaves/blooms. Seems, watering them all at night and all the humidity created the blight. I'm going to water things during the daylight hours from now on (don't care how hot it is out), because I can't stand the blight shriveling-up all my blooms! Just ran out of all my Bayer fungicide, so I better get more just in case what I used on them today does'nt work.

Does anyone like Gerbera Daisies? I collected about 12 fat seeds from my bright pink Gerbera flowers and stuck them in soil, in a plastic dome (to keep moderate moisture), indoors on a window-sill ( in bright shade at 78 degrees), all of those seeds bloomed! Sooo cool! They are slow growers though.

Ok, I just wrote a book in this post, so better get going.
Hope you all are having a good evening.

Talk to you all soon.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 20, 2011
2:53 PM

Post #8576183

Hi, all.
Twyla, just think of the rain as liquid sunshine :) That's what we called it when I lived in Oregon. It's cooling off again this weekend, and There's a chance of sprinkles of the liquid sunshine on Sunday here, too...
Fruity, looked at Bluestone's site last night. They have lots of plants that sound really pretty. Saw some things I'd love to have! Need some plants that like the shade, but also saw plants that I want that want full to mostly sun. Just need to figure out where I could put the ones that like the sun :) Will have to think about it and see which things are on sale when the gift certificate arrives. Will definitely be fun picking them out :)
Hey, LoveForests, you said it was time for your old puppy to get a bath. Does he like them? I haven't had a dog who really likes them yet LOL My current guide tolerates them. I think the only reasons he puts up with them is because he gets petted in the process and he likes to eat the shampoo! LOL I have to have someone help me bathe him so we can keep him from eating it! :)
Well, must go for now. Take care all!
Michelle
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 20, 2011
3:02 PM

Post #8576199

LoveForests, I liked your "book" :) Seems I was writing mine while you were posting yours!
Hey, that's need that all those seeds sprouted and bloomed! Haven't grown that type of daisy before. I have a marguerite daisy on my deck, though.
Sorry to hear that your plants got that blight. But I'm glad you found out what it is. Hoping your plants will all recover nicely!
Michelle
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 20, 2011
3:19 PM

Post #8576221

Michelle... LoL, my old puppy actually does not like water! Yes you heard right, does not like water, LoL! He is half Labrador and half Shepherd, but he never got to experience water when he was young. I adopted him from a kill-shelter when he was one or two years old. He tippy-toes in wet grass, refuses to go near a pool, and will only put his toes in lake water! Geesh. So, no he did not like the bath, he moved alot but did not run away because I kept saying the word Dog Bone, so the only reason he stayed there through the bath was because he was waiting for a 'dog bone' afterwards, LoL!
Your Guide Dog licks the shampoo?? LoL, Oh my goodness! What is it Oatmeal Flavored shampoo? Hehee, that is too funny and cute :]

Yes, shocking that so many seeds from one Gerbera Flower sprouted. I was shocked. I don't know what a Marguerite Daisy is, but I love all daisies.

You're so sweet Michelle, Thank you, I'm sure my Blight problem with my flowers will go away in another 2 months. I'm going to keep smothering them with Bayer spray and only water them in daylight hours.
Hope you have a nice night and Saturday.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8576336

Christina, never , ever water at night if you don't have to.. Learned that when I worked at the golf course. Every kind of fungus known to man is just waiting for wet foliage to jump on it and wreak havoc. :0)

My first dog loved to drink the bath water and eat the bubbles.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2011
4:56 PM

Post #8576386

That's good advice. Christina, since it gets so hot there, try to water as early as you can in the morning.

Really disappointed seeds of Gazania "Treasure Mix" planted a few weeks ago only produced a few seedlings and have tucked them in one of my hanging baskets. Pic is a different one last year.

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 20, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8576398

LoL!, I did not know dogs loved to eat shampoo and bubbles :] Guess mine is odd, like me.

Neener, but, in Florida they told us not to water during the daytime,... That, night time was best here, (for two reasons,... so water would'nt evaporate too quickly and to conserve water). But I'm going to ignore that, and water them during the super hot days, so I can avoid this huge blight problem again.
I "hand-water" so I'm not actually using that much water any how.

But my neighbors with lush green grass do water their grass and palm-trees at night, (per the rules).

Laterz :]

This message was edited May 20, 2011 7:06 PM
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 20, 2011
5:12 PM

Post #8576417

Susan, sorry your Gazanias did not all sprout. I put my Gazania seeds in a bowl of water for a 'day and a half', then put them in fine soil in a plastic dome with a couple holes on the top and bottom of that dome, (planted no deeper than suggested), they sprouted pretty well.
That is a gorgeous color on that Gazania flower, Susan, love that.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8576468

My gazania is a gold color, and I think brown too. I will have to take a pic tomorrow when the sun is out. We got a nice 3/4" rain today. I hope my grass seedlings sprout up and grow. 20-40% chances all day next week with temps in the 70's. That would be perfect for them. Maybe a little shower in the middle.

I haven't found the Superthrive in this town or Tulsa ANYWHERE. I finally broke down and bought some MG transplant vitamins and minerals tonight. I looked online and none of the Wal-Marts here carry it. Our big nursery had never heard of it. I'm going to keep looking though.

Christina, try watering in the morning before it gets too hot. I've always heard not to water at night too. They just don't care if your flowers are pretty or not I guess.

Got a really nice envelope from Twyla today. It had 3 packages of seeds in it and a heart shaped key ring that says "Happiness is...". Thank you so much Twyla. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. We really do have to get together some time! I like Cleome and don't have that color. I was needing some more impatien seeds, so they are perfect! Haven't ever tried Calendula, so that will be a new flower in my garden. Who isn't always needing a key ring? I know I am. Thanks again.

Have a ton more threads to read so guess I'd better close my novel for now. lol Talk to ya'll later.

Thumbnail by Crit

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 20, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8576543

Crit, those are wonderful birthday gifts from Hope43 :]

Yeah, Crit, I guess I listened to the "city rules" too much and it created a big problem for my flowers. Not anymore, I'm watering during daytime hours (even during the hot, bright sun hours), ...because during the summer I'm usually nocturnal. The biggest "gardening concern" here in South Florida is conserving water and not having weeds that spread super-fast.

Crit, how about purchasing Superthrive online if you can't find it in stores near you?
Anyway, Hope you are doing well.

Night every one, take care.

-Christina.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8576567

Ya, I think I'm going to go ahead and order some online too. I just have some things right now that I want to get 'something' on. Be careful about watering in the scorching sun. You don't want to get any water on the leaves or it will burn them.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8576568

Thank you for telling us how you germinated yours, Christina. Six out of about 15 commercial seeds germinated in Ziffy peat pots with a plastic "greenhouse" dome effect on top. I'm just happy I won't have to buy these again this year. A $2 pack of seeds beats paying $4 per plant...lol Here's another one from last year. Love their various colors and pinwheel blooms too.

What great B-Day surprises, Patti. If you're not already growing Calendula, you'll love it. Year before last I Winter Sowed seeds and just now the plant is starting to produce Purple bells and is absolutely loaded with buds. Hubby commented again today I sure have a lot of Purple blooms...lol None of them were planned.

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 20, 2011
6:16 PM

Post #8576592

Horrible flooding going on up here rightnow. Flash floods and the town where my inlaws live is under water. No in or out. Rescue is trying to evacuate people rightnow. This weather has to give. I'm sick of it.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2011
7:00 PM

Post #8576672

I need help! I just found 3 Dreamsicle figures in the closet and I know I wouldn't have them unless I bought them for a Bday. Does anyone here collect them? Boy this being old in both mind and body is tough.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2011
7:09 PM

Post #8576696

the new farm store in prattville if live close to it. might have the super thrive or atwoods now they finally our cleaning it up and lots lots new products but i do not shop at either way out of my price range..lol..could call them.. the gazania's i love but never came up for me.

everyone be well, take care..
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2011
3:58 AM

Post #8577057

Shoot Faye, don't know offhand who that might be.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8577327

I hadn't checked atwoods or tractor supply store. Thought about, forgot about it. lol I am in atwoods all the time for one thing or another. We buy our horse feed there too. Are you closer to Sand Springs than Tulsa? Did check Riddles, and they didn't know what I was talking about. I've really struck out with them when looking for chemicals and such.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2011
4:47 PM

Post #8578153

It could be somebody not here anymore who collected Dreamsickle Figurines, Faye. All I can say is they're missing out. The only person I know who collects figures is you, Chris, made by Willow Tree.

Twyla and Patti, it sounds like you live really close to each other?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2011
6:43 AM

Post #8579132

FOTV, yes, it sounds that way. I didn't know that Prattville existed until I moved over here. I thought it was part of Sand Springs, but the river divides it. One side is Prattville and the other SS. lol

I saw a little ad on the side of my screen when I was toodling through DG for Superthrive. It's a 1 oz bottle for $5. It was $7.50 with shipping, so I ordered it. With the price of gas, and not knowing for sure if I can find it, figured that was the best to do. I got some MG Quick Grow that is for transplants, etc., with minerals and vitamins in it. Things didn't 'perk up' overnight, but we'll see.

This message was edited May 22, 2011 7:46 AM
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 22, 2011
6:18 PM

Post #8580445

Hi, all.
Christina, believe it or not, my second guide, a yellow labrador, hated water, too! The only thing it was good for in her book was to drink. Her response to water sounds a lot like your old puppy's, only when it was bath time, the only thing that kept her from running away was that I had her on leash. Even so, she would still run as far as the leash would let her!
Ah, but her not liking water gave me some great stories...
One day, I had to go to a class in the middle of a thunderstorm. It was the first day of the quarter, and if I didn't show up, there was a good chance that I wouldn't get into the class. Since I had never been to the building where the class was meeting, my husband needed to show me how to get there before he headed off to work. So, we had to walk rather than him giving us a ride. Now, I don't like thunder, and she didn't like rain! It sure was a good thing he was with us because along part of the route I was already familiar with, she made an unexpected turn that might have gotten me lost if my husband hadn't been with me! It was absolutely pouring then, and apparently she had had enough of it... and turned to head into a building that we had never been in before!LOL Can't say I blamed her! I wasn't real happy about all the rain and thunder, and she didn't like the rain! Only, we still had farther to go! LOL Thankfully, we did get into the class :) Oh, and the irony of it? It was a swimming class! Fortunately, we weren't swimming that day :)
I'll have to tell you some other stories later... Just saw the time... Got to go for now. Have a great evening, all!
Michelle
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2011
7:02 PM

Post #8580569

Crit,amazon has it for 5.05 small bottle. super thrive forgot what i was posting.. they consider prattville sand springs now to.. Riddles is terribly high for me it is anyway but they have beautiful plants things. I'm 7 miles from Sand springs.. it sso hot in here 91 out side in side think its hotter.

Everyone be well have great week blessings.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8581168

Di- you gave me 'Red Zinger' about 2 years ago and it bloomed today for the first time this year. =) Wish I could upload a picture. I will when I can. Beautiful red bloom.

Erin
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2011
7:12 AM

Post #8581546

Oh yay, Erin, I'm so glad to hear you're getting blooms from it finally! I thought I had over-traded it last year and was convinced I didn't have any left. I found four blooms last week. I was thrilled because it's such a pretty bloom. It's one of my favorites. This is my RZ this morning - we had horrible storms last night and they knocked everything down besides the fact that mine are going downhill rapidly :) I tagged all my irises on Saturday so I can move what I want a little later on this summer to a new bed. Last year I didn't get to it in time and didn't even think about it until July. lol So much for getting things done.

Thumbnail by janaestone

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2011
7:17 AM

Post #8581572

Here's one of my iris beds - I took this last week. It's one of the beds I'm going to be changing. This fence runs around my pool - this is the east side of the pool and on the outside of the pool on the west side has just has just as many irises. I'm going to separate the dark from the light colors and give each group their own side of the fence.

Thumbnail by janaestone

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2011
7:23 AM

Post #8581588

Di when you dig, will you have more than you need? If so, would you send for postage? Love the red.
Faye
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8581671

Yes, mam :) I won't have any extra of the red but I will have plenty of other colors, especially the purples. I'll be digging in July, Faye and I'll stick a note in my file to send you some when I do.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2011
10:53 AM

Post #8582065

dahtzu wrote:Di when you dig, will you have more than you need? If so, would you send for postage? Love the red.
Faye

Ditto for me too????

Crit
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8582077

Yes Twyla, yesterday WAS hot! 98* heat index!

I just wanteed to say a big THANK YOU again to everyone who sent me gifts/cards for my birthday. So much fun! I loved watching for stuff...like a little kid at Christmas! My DH always gets me something, but with the kids/grandkids living 75 miles north of us, I'm lucky to get a phone call on my b'day. This year, I got a text and a HB on Facebook. They're grown and have their own lives. Thanks again everyone!!! Can't believe we go from June to September without any BD's. Whatever will we do???? Maybe move Faye and Twyla up to those months??? :-)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2011
3:00 PM

Post #8582590

UMMM... your birthday isn't over yet Patti :) I'm getting yours and Erin's boxes ready right now and they'll go out in today's mail :)

yep.. it's me again.. BLTN :-) LOL
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2011
3:55 PM

Post #8582677

LOL...Crit, Ray would tell you not to do that...when he gets me an early gift, when Bday time comes I laugh and tell him that was a June, Aug. or whatever gift... He laughs with me and goes shopping again.

Susan, a great big thank you for the Gift Certificate from Bluestone. May want your help in deciding what would be prettier here. I'm bringing the catalog Fri. Thank you dear friend...love you lot's.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 23, 2011
4:05 PM

Post #8582690

Me too!! Love you girl. Been looking at their sales too!!!!
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 23, 2011
4:41 PM

Post #8582748

Michelle, That is too cute and funny about your second Guide dog, lol, the way she led you to a building to get dry. She probably thought she was doing the right thing for both of ya, hehe :] Sounds like you have had some precious guide pups. Yeah, it's funny when a Labrador gets afraid of water since it is said they are supposed to love it.
Actually took my old pup to the saltwater canal today (something I haven't done in a long time), at a new small park and...he walked into the water, (only up to his knees). Yayyyy! :]
The mosquitos were loving me. The fish were jumping (was a cloudy day, I LOVE cloudy days here), and these dark gray crabs were scurrying really fast everywhere, lol. No one was there but me, which was good, I could relax, I get nervous if guys are there.

I hope you and your guide pup are doing well lately, Michelle. 'Thank you' for telling me your cute story :]
I enjoy what you write.

Thumbnail by LoveForests

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 23, 2011
4:47 PM

Post #8582763

Fruity!! "Thank you" so so much for the Bluestone Perennials Certificate! Am soo happy, you have no idea. "Thank you" =] Can't wait to look at all the stuff they have and pick things out. Hugs to you!!!!!

You all make me smile, so glad I found this site and get to converse with y'all :]

Thumbnail by LoveForests

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2011
4:50 PM

Post #8582768

LOL Chris. I love the BLTN'ers. :-) I know there were a few that said they would be late with the boxes, just felt like saying Thank You again. I'm kinda silly sometimes. See, you got a Thank You and I haven't even gotten it yet. I'm sure it will be great
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2011
4:51 PM

Post #8582769

Yes Fruitaliciousness thank you for my early BD at Bluestone as well!!! Going out to see what might be on sale. Thanks a bunch. Looking for a new toad lily I think!
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8582770

Mine to so excited..
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 23, 2011
8:02 PM

Post #8583267

Ever seen the movie "Blues Brothers"? ...

Thumbnail by LoveForests

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2011
4:55 AM

Post #8583770

Too funny Christina. What a sweet dog!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 24, 2011
5:08 AM

Post #8583800

LOL Christina...I can't look at that face and not smile. Nice to get a grin first thing in the morning. If he were mine I'd just have to hug on him constantly.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 24, 2011
6:43 AM

Post #8583975

Love those dog pictures.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2011
7:53 AM

Post #8584090

Speaking of Christina ladies she is next up as Birthday Girl of the month. Trying myself to not lose track of that fact. :))

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 24, 2011
8:07 AM

Post #8584128

Yep, I got her on my Book, Just got to collect her Loot!!!!;-)
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 24, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8585188

Hi, all.
Fruity, the gift certificate arrived... Thank you! :) Will have to choose my plants... Will let you know what I pick!
Need to go for now. Will post more later this week. Have a book to finish reading for Thursday's book club :)
Hope everyone is doing well. And I hope Maggie can join us again soon.
Michelle
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2011
6:32 PM

Post #8585288

Has anyone heard from Maggie?
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 24, 2011
7:13 PM

Post #8585387

haven't heard from Maggie either.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2011
9:12 PM

Post #8585612

well we had winds winds and lots lots rain again.. its so bad the weather can be calm one min. next got 60 miles per hr.winds.
prayers for all poor souls in Joplin and okla. who lost loved ones. and may they get all the help they need.

blessings everyone. Take care be safe..

I have dr. thursday my oncologist. (cancer) dr.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 24, 2011
9:48 PM

Post #8585647

Blessings on you, Twyla..for being so caring and nice to everyone. I wish I could meet you in person - you seem like the gentlest soul and you never have a bad thing to say. I hope everything goes better than expected with the doctor.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2011
4:06 AM

Post #8585876

I think Maggie is gone for good. I have sent her mesages on FB where she is posting, but she doesn't reply. I have removed her from the list much to my dismay. Would like for Jennifer to check in as well.

Twyla hope things will be better for you soon. I don't know how you do it.

I got the best stuff with my Bluestone Certificate. You have to take advantage of the sale that runs until the end of the month. Got 2 new toad lilies. 3 different day lilies and some lungwort. Fabulous!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2011
4:59 AM

Post #8585922

Prayers are with you Twyla. Glad you are OK. I understand there were 8 deaths in this round of storms, and 1 child 3 years old missing, a 15 month old dead and another in the hospital. Mom is pregnant but OK from what I understand. It was near Piedmont, OK The are showing at least 10 just up to OKC. There were more north and east later on through the evening.
Lots of wind damage in Tulsa. We came out unscathed. Got 3/4" of rain, no damaging wind or hail.

Prayers for good report from Dr. also.

I wondered about Jennifer too. I have a mimosa tree seedling for her.
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 25, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8585992

Yeah, been watching the weather news, was worried about Crit and Hope43 in Oklahoma. Glad to see you guys did'nt get those Tornadoes. Wish the nutty weather would ease up!

Thankyou Neener, Di & Ridesredmule, Yeah, my old pup can get the hugest smiles on his face, usually on car rides to head to a park or when he gets a dog bone, lol.

Am going to pick out some plants from Bluestone in a few days. Think I will get 2 sun-hardy Hostas, and not sure what else yet.

Gotta get going, hope everyone has a nice day :]

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 25, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8586172

i may have to get a toadlily too and some of that stuff my Daddy called "snotweed" has a beautiful blue bloom on it. when i was a kid, used to see it growing in our road ditch. Tough plant!!!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 25, 2011
7:47 AM

Post #8586186

FOTV!!! my amethyst in snow has bloomed! I will post a picture today. =D

Erin
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 25, 2011
11:56 AM

Post #8586692

Here is the amethyst in snow, beautiful!

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 25, 2011
1:10 PM

Post #8586797

I received Chris' gift today. Was surprised when the mail lady beeped for me to get a package! lol. Thank you Chris!

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 25, 2011
1:13 PM

Post #8586806

Never had a capiz windchime. Can't wait to hang it and hear what it sounds like! As soon as my son saw that we had a new garden flag we had to hang it! lol. Thats why its not in the top picture. Thank you so much!

Erin

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2011
4:14 PM

Post #8587094

It's my birthday again too...wooohoooo. It's from Chris (ClanCampbell).

A lovely card that talks about gardens, blooms, faith, love, sharing, etc. Really nice. A new pair of garden gloves, can never have too many of those!!!! A stained glass butterfly windchime. I've taken a seperate picture of the saying on it. Will post it next. A copper windamajig. (Please tell me if I didn't put this back together right, it was tangled and the butterfly had come off)with a copper butterfly on the bottom of it. And a bag of garden jems. GREAT gifts Chris. Thanks so much!!!!! I love it all.

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2011

Post #8587095

Saying on the buttefly

Thumbnail by Crit

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2011
4:33 PM

Post #8587116

Ooooo, love that butterfly!
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 25, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8587161

Beautiful gifts everyone.

Got some time to visit Bluestone and used the gift certificate to get 3 orange Gaillardia "aristata bijou" and 3 yellow Rudbeckia "hirta goldilocks". Thank you again Fruit :]

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 25, 2011
5:18 PM

Post #8587199

Wonderful assortment of gifts.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

May 25, 2011
5:42 PM

Post #8587260

woohoo, its my early birthday. Fruity sent me a gift certificate to Bluestone also. I am so excited I have never ordered from them before. I am heading there now to look. Thank you Fruity!!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 25, 2011
6:53 PM

Post #8587418

Wow, everyone's getting great gifts! Love that dragonfly, Erin - is it a windchime of some sort?

Paula, you'll be addicted once you receive your first order from them. Everything is a bit on the small side but well-packed and super, super healthy and they grow so well. They always have a good selection, it seems, to me at least and their service is great.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 25, 2011
7:27 PM

Post #8587534

Di's right and if it doesn't come back the following year just call them up and they'll send you a new one ASAP - no questions asked!

The dragonfly looks like a suncatcher-maybe. Chris did you make the dragonfly?

Erin
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2011
4:13 AM

Post #8587928

My first lily of the year...

Was planted last year before I cared about the name. :-(

Thumbnail by Crit

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 26, 2011
4:25 AM

Post #8587940

It looks like lily 'golden joy' . Very pretty. Yellow flowers make things brighter.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 26, 2011
4:55 AM

Post #8587968

No, Erin, I didn't make it and yes, it's a suncatcher.. I don't have that kind of talent LOL
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 26, 2011
5:26 AM

Post #8587993

Been finding alot of baby birds on the ground. Found this little guy this morning while putting Anna on the bus. Our cat saw him from inside the house and wanted to get out quickly. But hes inside unhappily.

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8589682

Crit , your Lily was - is beautiful i love them mine got washed ..

Was the oncologist dr. today(cancer) my white count is up, i lost weight i thought i gained but lost more so thats good.. he wants some tests he does not think its bone c. but with all the joint and bone pain wants to have tests. so i believe I'm ok to just lots, lots, constant pain.. so go tuesday for them..

Thinking of you all , have great week end , be well safe..
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 26, 2011
8:17 PM

Post #8589787

Crit, I planted some Daylily bulbs about a weak ago, not too sure they are happy here. Planted 5 and I think only 3 are looking green and ok, but the others are looking yellow and a bit sloppy. Of course they're only about 3 inches tall yet. I just wanted Daylilies so bad, lol. Yours look super healthy.

Erin, I think that is a baby Robin. A baby bird may stick around near your house for approximately 3-4 days, but after that they usually move-on and you won't see them anymore. That's a great photo you got of him by the way.

Charlene, are your Charlieheads made out of Polymer Clay? I just got two small bars of that stuff (White Fimo). Never tried Polymer clay before, not sure what to do. But I should just go try it out and not worry about :]

Hope43, you're such a strong Lady. Could you go take some warm or hot Epsom Salt baths every so often? Do you think that would help your joint pain any? Been thinkin' of ya. Keep your mind busy with some things you enjoy.
Hope you can have an easy and relaxed weekend. ~Big hugs for ya~

A shout-out to Neener and everyone else, hope you all are doing well and have a sweet weekend (with no crazy storms)!

This message was edited May 26, 2011 10:22 PM
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8590175

Hey Hey Hey!!! Getting ready to head out to the RU this weekend. You all behave while I am away. Decided not to take the laptop. Going to be a fun drive..not! Talk to you all late on Sunday when I get back.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 27, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8590288

Me too ready to go to RU..just to early to go for another 30 min. Taking fur babies to Sister @ 9 then on my way...Wish everyone of you were going to.
Love & hugs
Faye
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 27, 2011
7:10 PM

Post #8591748

Wish I was going along to the one you guys are going to so I could finally meet everyone, but then, I am really excited to be going to mine tomorrow as well. I have my food ready and a ton of plants are going along for the ride with me. It should only take me 1.5 hours to get there so that's not too bad. Have fun at yours!

Right back at ya, Christine - have a good weekend everyone!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 28, 2011
1:21 PM

Post #8592951

Charley heads are polymer clay and I love making them. thank you. sorry took a while to answer.
maybe next year I can make the trip. Don't think Ican but it sure would be fun to go see on line friends...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2011
6:01 PM

Post #8593407

me too charleen. Would be so much fun.
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 28, 2011
9:11 PM

Post #8593795

I agree, that would so much fun.

It's ok Charlene, I received your Dmails :] 'Thank you' sooo much your response :]

Have a sweet Sunday everyone.

Photo below, (don't laugh too hard! hehee. And no that's not a karate move), ... ... "You know it's hot out, when you jump into a pool fully clothed!!"

Thumbnail by LoveForests

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 29, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8594209

I like the picture. We all will feel that way before the summer is over.
Blessings to all.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2011
7:21 AM

Post #8594369

LOL ... cute picture. DH is out working on the pool now. I checked the water temp last night, and was surprised to see that is was 75*. That just might feel good when it is so hot/humid my 'legs are sweating' !!!!!!! May have to officially 'open it' today! Have a wonderful, safe and blessed day everyone!!!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2011
12:23 PM

Post #8594810

Got back from the RU this afternoon and I'm just trying to get all the big fires put out. Christine that looks like a great idea since they have set a heat advisory for us starting tomorrow. I am so not ready for 100 degrees.

On a happy note, we have a new member. Her name is Donna and she lives in Michigan. Her birthday is in February and I am going to add her shortly. She will fit right in as she doesn't have many people close by that share her interests.

I got an early birthday present from Faye while we were at the round up and as soon as I find the camera and get some pics downloaded I will show you all what a fun little critter I got. I positively love it!! Those of you who haven't met Faye and Ray are missing out on two of the most special people I've ever met in my lifetime. And I've met a lot of people in my various lines of work. Don't know of too many as kind and generous as these two.

Now on a sadder note I will be in and out of DG this week. When I finally got cell service back I checked in with my Mom who is taking care of my terminally ill Dad. I knew things were getting worse, but from the time I left on Friday to this morning he had gone just about totally into a state of dementia. She hasn't had a lot of sleep in 2 days and has come to the conclusion that he will have to go to a Hospice care facility ASAP. So I am heading out there tomorrow to spend the night and talk to the Hospice people and let her get an uninterrupted night of sleep. Until he gets to go somewhere I will have to go back and forth to help out. Hopefully they can get him in sooner rather than later. I'm already tired, but I know it isn't easy for her. I will try to keep a grip on things, but I am going to take the night shift and it has been a long time since I did private duty midnights, so I may be more than a little bit out of it until this resolves. Thanks for understanding.

Gotta scoot I have 2 days worth of stuff to take care in about 12 hours. Should be interesting.
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 29, 2011
1:00 PM

Post #8594863

Neener, I am "so" sorry. Wish I could be around to help in some way. I hope things improve for you, your Mother and Dad. You and your Dad will be in my thoughts often.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 29, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8594873

Prayers of good luck on everything Girl. Don't do it all in one day.
Hugs ...
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 29, 2011
1:42 PM

Post #8594902

Here are some Critter photos... The top photo is of a female Anole (haven't gotten a good pic of a baby Anole yet, but they are sooooo cute!). The bottom photo is of my old cat named Pudgy, he's laying near my aquarium, (yeah, he's a big boy).

Also want to say Welcome to Donna. You will enjoy this group/club, such awesome people here :]

--Christina.

Thumbnail by LoveForests

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 29, 2011
2:35 PM

Post #8594994

He is beautiful. Just waitin for a snack to swim by...☺ but he is very pretty boy!!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8595191

Cute . I have some kind of little lizards scurrying around here, but don't know what they are. There was one on the privacy fence yesterday, but he scurried so fast I couldn't get a pic of him.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8595235

Thought I better start a new thread since life is a little nutso right now.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1185614/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1185614/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America