Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Sewing and Quilting: A DIFFERENT kind of quilt block swap Part 4

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 197, Views: 1,437
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

May 17, 2011
7:05 PM

Post #8570471

list and will be updated as quickly as possible, I will aim for at least every 2 days.

CLOSED: I am looking for 13 people interested in a quilt block exchange, this will be LIMITED to 13 people so that it is hopefully not overwhelming. I will use rules similar to other swaps in that it will be 100% cotton etc HOWEVER, THIS swap will be just 3 months long, and ALL patterns will be announced at once, in the beginning. WHY? So the impatient ones can sew their little hearts out QUICKLY, and those with more time at one time/season or another can do them at THEIR best time. SO, if this interests you, post & let me know.

Each person will mail the block DIRECTLY to the person who choose that pattern. You need to post your quilt block pattern link (12 x 12 please) AND color choice. Their will be a "check off" system so we can track which ones are done & received. Clear as mud??

Even if you have sent me an email expressing an interest, POST HERE so I know you want in to this swap as it is currently set up,
Deadline for signup is January 15th. ALL blocks are to be mailed no later than April 15th.

"Dealing with different size blocks...
Even if you see the block as 12 1/2" the recipient may see it slightly smaller or larger. An easy way to deal with blocks of slightly different sizes is to put a border around each block. I usually start with 2" strips. Then, after all the blocks have a border, find the smallest one and cut all the others down a bit. Then sash as usual. After they are all together, no one will be able to tell if the borders are a bit different.

Or, tilt the blocks. Add a 3-4" border, then cut them "off center/square". Again, it will disguise the fact that the individual blocks are slightly different."

1psychw2 - (Pat )colors Pink, white and black - updated Please make it the SAME pattern you chose for yourself in MY colors

2Mojoquilter - (Sondra) bright, silly and wild:) http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/house_quilt... (updated)

3Cherriff - (Cheryl F) blue and gold with white background http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DartingBirdBlock.html

4Taters55 - (Linda) blue and white - http://www.quilterscache.com/H/HoleintheBarnDoorBlock.html TOT or prints, "in" or "out"

5got2Bgreen -(Cheryl L) . red, pinks & white, emphasis on ROSE pattern fabric, any block you choose.

6Mittsy - Pat could you please change my card trick info to say 4 different pastel small floral prints. Thanks so much. And to send to NY not FL I have committed this quilt to Habitat for Humanity.
Card trick - See the bottom of this post for full instructions - http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CardTrickBlock.html

7Quilter5bdsr -( Barb) browns, beige & oranges - http://quilterscache.com/C/CoxeysCampBlock.html

8Catbird423 (Robin) http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MonkeyWrenchBlock.html the light half of the block should be a white on white print, and the other can be any other color/print.

9Gardenglory (Pam) D9P with white in the center. A white middle. Can cut and sew back any way you choose or just send it along uncut and I will see what they look like together and then decide how to cut.Pinks and Turquoise/blue red, yellow, green & black ok too

Abbisgranma (Marion) Withdrawn Blue and Purple, please know if you CHOOSE to send a block, that is OK, No block in return.

10 BarefootT (Thunder) Red white and blue, http://quilterscache.com/J/JitterbugBlock.html see instructions below

11Ladydragon5 (JANICE) http://www.quilterscache.com/L/LogCabinVariationBlock.html I want the center block and small blocks leading to it in black, with the four corners in bright primary colors (red, yellow,blue, green).

12Silolegma (Karen) OR ANY BLOCK, ANY SIZE, ANY COLOR... Karen is going to make single placemats for the Meals on Wheels. D9B black & white, with solid center, see http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8278665 tthere is a picture that shows the specific placement, see on Dec 27 the link post above.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2011 11:48 PM

This message was edited Jun 12, 2011 9:46 AM

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 17, 2011
9:07 PM

Post #8570759

so sorry you are in pain Doc, that sucks...are you taking something for the pain... aleeve, and heat helps a bit with my hips, and occasionally I take some tylenol night time pain reliever...helps me get groggy to fall asleep... I too still have blocks to send out, I have been moving sewing stuff into other room, almost done...plan to do a few tomorrow...if I can find the fabrics I need??!!

machine is in one room, most of fabrics and supplies in other room...waiting to get a table/bench ?? moved out of the shed before I move the machine...I will have a large surface for quilting!! at last !!
been a pain in the butttttt (and hips) to do the moving, will be VERY worth the effort when complete.

I am sorry I am late, I was so wrapped up in getting the quilt done for my son, before he was to leave, and problems with the hips, keeps me from sewing for any length of time...I will be working on them...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
12:46 AM

Post #8570876

I'm pretty sure I've finished all the blocks for this swap. If you haven't received one from me, please let me know. Still unpacking but at least I have my machine back in working condition. I don't stockpile a stash here (in NY) anymore so I have to try and plan what I will need to bring with me. I've included some winter fabric and Christmas to finish up those last two blocks. I also have a "special" project that I am working on from our fabric swap. Brought the insulbrite to make some potholders for my DIL and enough toddler fabrics to make a few isolette quilts. I know I would feel better if I could just get my body clock reset to some semblance of normalcy. Daylight savings and time zone changes always screw it up so I'm awake half the night and yet I can't seem to sleep more than six hours out of 24.

Pat, you might try Cherry juice for your pain. I have a sister that is big on natural methods of healing. She got me to try it several years ago. So I've been using it ever since. No side effects with it like the prescription medications. I buy it by the case and drink about 2 to 3 tablespoons full a day. It is pretty sweet (concentrated) so I mix it with water. It really helps. My knees were so painful that I could barely walk up stairs, now I have no problem with climbing.

Thunder, i am so glad that I got to stop by. This winter was not good for traveling. My DH has not been up to doing much so we just didn't get out like we wanted, to visit our friends and family in your area. I hope I can get him to change doctors so he can get some help. Our oldest son has recommended someone that he knows quite well so I am going to call him and see if I can get an appointment for a consultation. He works in sports medicine, so he may have a different approach.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
3:45 AM

Post #8570933

Happy to hear you are back up north Mittsy.. Is Judy here yet? I will send her a email later today. Off to get dressed - BOM at 8AM...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2011
7:44 AM

Post #8571297

Wow, I can't believe the time had arrived to return to NY Mittsy. This year seems to be flying by faster than I am wanting it to...guess it has something to do with getting older but NOT going there.

Pat, sorry to hear of the pain you are experiencing. Real bummer when it hurts so bad you can't sleep but sewing has always been a help to me too. Better than any tranquilizer I have ever been given!!

Take care all of you.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
8:14 AM

Post #8571361

Here's a picture of the Black Cherry Juice

Thumbnail by mittsy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
8:20 AM

Post #8571374

and as long as I am posting pictures I thought you might enjoy seeing my gift for the catering evening for WKBG. All went well and everyone enjoyed the food. I enjoyed my son Rob's talk on how he came to be in KY. It was a thank you evening to all the donors who made the conservatory possible. I donated my services of the catering. My DIL and son helped me set up the food

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
8:25 AM

Post #8571385

A view of the table

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
8:31 AM

Post #8571397

The hit of the food was the Vidalia onion dip. The bowl was scraped clean. Here's the recipe. Only three ingredients.
Chopped Vidalia onion, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and Mayonnaise. Combine equal amounts of each and put in an ovenproof dish. I usually do one cup of each. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with corn scoops or crackers. Enjoy.

Thumbnail by mittsy

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 18, 2011
8:41 AM

Post #8571414

Where do you get the cherry juice? Health food store?
Love the table of food, and that recipe sounds really good!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2011
8:43 AM

Post #8571419

Mittsy, that is beautiful and the dip sound sooooooooo good. Will have to try that.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
9:11 AM

Post #8571501

That dip sounds wonderful. And I too would like to know where to find the cherry juice. It's funny how things are turning around regarding food. We are going back to nature and I think it's wonderful. Norm and I take two cinnamon caps each night. Helps his cholesterol and my metabolism...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

May 18, 2011
9:21 AM

Post #8571524

I too will be trying the dip it sounds sooo good. I think the health food store may carry the juice. I will look next time I go that way.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
10:31 AM

Post #8571664

I buy it by the case at Vitamin Warehouse in Syracuse. Better prices than the health food store and free shipping on orders over $50.00.

http://www.vitaglo.com/dyhetach10og.html

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2011
11:51 AM

Post #8571812

Thanks Mittsy. I'll look there first.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 12, 2011
12:49 AM

Post #8625070

I recently had some questions regarding blocks so I have REPOSTED the info at the top of this thread.

And I STILL have blocks to finish (hanging head in shame)

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8625238

No head hanging allowed!!!! Pick it up Pat and don't worry. We all have times when we just have other priorities but we all know that eventually we will get our blocks...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 12, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8625682

Please note, if you have not sent to Mitsy, please remember 4 different PASTEL small floral prints. Thanks so much. And to send to NY not FL as she has committed this quilt to Habitat for Humanity.

THANKS ladies you are doing a great job.

I spent the day in Tri-Cities with my Sister, it was great! We didn't intend to spend ALL day but my Dad's lawn mower broke down just as we would have left to buy groceries and returned to Othello. Groceries cost more 30% more in Othello so we try to stock up when we got to TC. My Sweetheart volunteered to "check out of the mower" and off he went to help my Dad. Several hours later, the problem diagnosed and fixed but it seriously changed our time-table, we didn't get back home until after midnight. .

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 12, 2011
11:09 AM

Post #8625719

Barb, thanks for the "no head hanging allowed" even tho directed at Pat's comment...it applies to me too, as I still have a bunch of these to do...made me feel a wee bit better...

I am not Hanging my head...but I am "upset" with myself...just can not seem to get "caught up" with anything!!!! I owe stuff for two different swaps, My house is a wreck...work schedule is crazy, I am just plain ole' tired all the time...My sincere apologies to Y'all...I am working on it...

Blocks going in mail tomorrow to Cheryl, Robin, and Janice...and If I don't fall apart after work tonight ...maybe I will get another one or two done!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2011
12:13 PM

Post #8625851

One at a time Thunder. It is what it is and we know you will finish. Concentrate on getting ready to go to Great Lakes. Norm graduated from there too. You are going to LOVE Judy. I'm thrilled you are getting to meet. Slowly but surely we will all meet I'm sure...

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2011
7:29 AM

Post #8642133

I thought I would post a picture of the blocks I have received so far. Thank you Thunder for the block, got it on Friday and I love it!

Thumbnail by Catbird423

gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2011
8:42 AM

Post #8642294

I came back here and I felt like I was going to talk to the pricipal. I feel so bad. I do have a couple to mail, one being catbirds, I at least feel like it will go with the above picture. Not that anyone likes to sign up and then drop the ball, Im feeling MUCH better now that Im not the only one.
This is the first thread Ive read or posted on so I hope every is well or holding in there and/or keeping the faith that it soon will be. Its so dad gum hot here, I wish I didnt 'spin' so much so I could really get at this sewing again. Thank goodness the fabric doesnt fade and die like the flowers during times of neglect. It looks as colorful and happy as ever. I packed up about half, as I was sure Id never sew again. Ive put a stop to that and am hoping to get going soon...maybe even today. Just coming here is getting me jazzed again.

If anyone ever hears the word Keppra (drug), RUN the other way :-O

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2011
9:12 AM

Post #8642364

Hope your feeling better soon!
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8642493

Thanks...I hope that didnt sound complainy. Nice to 'see' you.
You could have never convinced me tho that drugs are so 'evil'. My heart really goes out to those who are on or who have had to experience chemo. Im SO grateful every day that God didnt throw that my way right now. You just never know, gotta go with the flow and try to keep that mind on a positive track. That is where fabric comes in ;-).
I once had a dr. friend who said he knew when his female patients were feeling better because they would put the lipstick back on. My sewing room is Pams version of that.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2011
10:37 AM

Post #8642533

Why are you taking that drug? It doesn't sound good at all!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2011
11:27 AM

Post #8642608

Sorry Pam, hope all is better soon. It's tough dealing with tough drugs I wonder if sometimes the illness isn't better than the treatment. You kind of get used to what the condition is doing to your body then along comes this "great" treatment and throws you all cockeyed.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2011
12:59 PM

Post #8642828

Thinking of you this afternoon Pam and all of you others as well. It's tough when we have so much we WANT to do and our bodies or our minds just won't let us. And chemicals can do such a job on us no matter if they are fixing some part of us...I'll keep you in my prayers...
I started the drops in my other eye today and will have surgery on Wed. Then the healing can really begin. The first eye is doing well but I know it still has a way to go. Life will be very interesting for a while I guess. Not too much I can do with very limited eyesight but I'm so grateful this is just a temporary thing and I'll be seeing fine soon.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 20, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8643356

I will be finally getting back to the sewing room today. I need to get these DONE and then I'll have to pack up the room a little since it has to double as the quest room and we may have company for a week or two. So wish me SPEEDY sewing, these are past due enough as it is.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 20, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8643426

Barb, will be thinking about you on Wednesday. I am waiting until September ...mainly so I can go back and visit with Mom some more. Kim (daughter) and I are going down tomorrow for only a week this time; however, I will go back the middle of July for a longer period of time. Kim will be starting back to work and it is actually best if I am off doing "my thing" the first week or so. Avoids lots of stress on both of us this way...especially with all the budget cuts this coming school year.

Pat, sending you "speed" sewing...do try to enjoy while you are doing it though.

Pam, hope you are doing okay. I have missed seeing you post and was worried about you.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 20, 2011
9:27 PM

Post #8643791

3Cherriff - (Cheryl F), 4Taters55 - (Linda), 8Catbird423 (Robin), 9Gardenglory (Pam),10 BarefootT (Thunder) , 11Ladydragon5 (JANICE), 12Silolegma (Karen) are the swap members that have NOT yet received a block from me. If you have finished THIS project and prefer a different block shoot me an email or post here, otherwise you will get the block you requested in the beginning.

Mojo, did you finish your quilt? I"d love to see a picture! I KNOW I sent one to you early in the swap!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2011
9:47 PM

Post #8643831

Pat, no rush where I'm concerned and my original is just fine.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8644102

Same here, same colors, and no hurry.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 21, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8644389

thanks for the rapid response!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2011
3:53 PM

Post #8645420

Red, White, and Blue !!! same block same colors...and NO HURRY!!!!! I am working on them too...

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 21, 2011
7:26 PM

Post #8645878

marion perhaps you want to stop of on LBK. I Do have visitors now. they are leaving end of this week.25th. then I am free until the end of July. DD's are coming... Ice cream cone on the stove door. The only towel I ever left on this long because of the heat...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

June 22, 2011
6:33 AM

Post #8646450

Barb sending positive thoughts your way today as you get the other eye fixed. It is today?
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2011
10:18 AM

Post #8646867

I saw this yesterday and have been thinking about Barb all morning. Im such a baby and so scared of the doctor, I hope its all over and went well for her. Im not sure what the sugery is, but at least with my eyes, they gave me enough Vercet to make me not remember. Hope they loaded her up!
Fun to see some familiar names again. Hi to you all.
I go the cardiologist in the morning, she is going to try to scare me into a cardio cath hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha is all I have to say. Second verse, same as the first...NO WAY. If you cant see what you want on an echo, it aint going to be seen. ;-O.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2011
10:29 AM

Post #8646903

Aw Pam, Trust me, a cardiac cath is another no biggie. I had one and truly didn't feel a thing except relief when they got my stent in place, because the heart pain stopped. The advantage is, if you need a stent or angioplasty, they are already there. If your Cardio, has a valid reason, go for it. I was lucky to have survived my first heart attack, you'd be surprised at how often the first is fatal.
We have you back and we'd just as soon keep you.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2011
11:34 AM

Post #8647054

Hey Pam, please listen to the Dr. Not all echograms, or MRI's for that matter, show what the problem is. Sometimes they have to go in and look!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2011
2:22 PM

Post #8647394

Checking in today ladies. I'm home and the second eye was just as easy as the first!!! I'm feeling great. Feel like a pirate again with my patch but it comes off tomorrow. I'm really glad I had this done (cataract surgery for those who didn't know) and I'm told that within 4 to 6 weeks when everything has had a chance to heal that I may not need glasses. This after 50 years with them!!! Even if I do still need them for one thing or another, I can already see sooo much better with the first eye that was done. I too have had family members have stents put in and they too are a nothing operation that does only good. I'd go for it if I were you Pam but you do what you feel. I don't want to lose you either...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2011
2:43 AM

Post #8648352

So nice to get positive results that you are on the mend.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

June 23, 2011
2:48 AM

Post #8648353

Glad to hear you are doing well Barb.
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2011
5:46 AM

Post #8648531

Great news on your eye Barb.

Headed out to the cardiologist,shaking like a leaf. Your kind words have spured me on. No cath tho...just echo.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2011
6:05 AM

Post #8648565

We're right here Pam, holding your hand.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2011
6:51 AM

Post #8648649

Please keep us posted Pam. I know we all don't post too often but we do care and a lot!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2011
7:45 AM

Post #8648767

Sending prayers your way Pam, you can do this!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2011
8:23 AM

Post #8648848

Go Pam Go, we're the cheering section.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 23, 2011
8:53 AM

Post #8648919

You'll be glad you did for the peace of mind. T&P are going your way!
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2011
11:50 AM

Post #8649271

Thanks so much. You all truley pulled me thru and I didnt even break down there.
I had a list of things to ask and one of them was...how DO I die with this issue? Will it be quick etc. You guys had so 'centered' me, even I had to shake my head at me even writing that down, I didnt ask the question and the optomistic Pam shinned thru. Part of the problem is that Keppra, it makes you suicidle and depressed among many other things, and the time before I went I had just started taking it and was out of emotional control, scared to death with no 'grip' on myself.
I think Im almost ready to submit to a TEE ( camera on a wire you swallow...it wont change things, but Im not really to scared of it. It just confirms the echo which says another heart surgery is in my future. We will deal with that at the time. Eleven years ago I had a sub-aortic membrane removed ( talk about scared) and it wasnt suppose to grow back...well it did, and its pulling on the valve. Next time, it will be valve replacement and take out the membrane. I can assure you Im waiting till the last possible moment. The valve replacement is pretty standard but few know how to do the membrane. She promised if it was my wish, she would send me to the Clevland Clinic and that was the end of it, I felt at peac. for now.I promise that the end of this and Im back to sewing and my garden.
I have a daughter getting married next year and will revisit this after that. Actually, that darn wedding has me almost a bigger tizzy ;-). God gives us what we can handle, and again, Im so blessed. Thanks for you good thoughts and wishes and its time to catch up on the blocks!!
Altho I havent gone back and read the threads from the last couple of months, I know I cant be the only one dealing with some sort of challenge. Wishing everyone well and sending good thoughts back your way. You all are the best!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2011
11:52 AM

Post #8649277

Good for you! You make us proud!

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 23, 2011
12:00 PM

Post #8649288

prayers going to you, Pam.
Glad things went well, Barb

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2011
12:16 PM

Post #8649313

There...done for now, we can all sit back and take a deep breath. Just keep in touch, when you need us we are here.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2011
12:39 PM

Post #8649344

Hey Pam, glad to hear all is well for now. Please keep posting when you can.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8649916

I'm really proud of you Pam. You really came through for YOU... I'm glad you seem to be at peace for now and I hope it lasts for you.
I had my second cataract surgery yesterday and the patch off today. I can't tell you how thrilled I am. For the first time since I was seventeen, I don't need to wear glasses all the time!!!! After the eyes are completey healed, I will get new prescriptions for reading only!! I am so amazed. Thanks to all of you for bucking me up when I was so scared (see Pam, it was me too). Now maybe I can get back to sewing a straight seam!!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 23, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8649917

Barb, glad to hear you are all finished. I guess come September I will have the surgery on my other eye...sure glad I had Kim to help me with the driving as the one already done did get irrated. I think it was mostly the heat and the horrible glare.

Mom seems to actually be a little more stable than I had expected. I still am very angry and upset about the 2 months predication we were given as now it seems it was really a bad infection rather than a malignance in her lung. Won't say any more as I might forget I am a lady!!

Pam, please take care. I have thought of you often since the year you and Tracey were so sweet and assisted me with the festival. I keep hoping to stop off in Gainesville and have a visit. This past year my traveling through has been very stressed either wanting to get down to see Mom or get home. One of these days I will just make time to stop.

We plan to return home this coming Tuesday.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2011
5:14 PM

Post #8649924

I really did keep the dark glasses on most of the time Marion. The first eye is still a bit "scratchy" but my doc says it will go away with the healing process. I am faithful about the eyedrops and now will use artificial tears when necessary too. I find the more moist the eyes are the more comfortable I am...I still can't get over the fact that I can see almost everything with NO glasses. I've worn them since I was 17 and now will only need them for reading...
I'm like a little kid. Norm, did you see that?" etc, etc, etc, he'll get very tired of hearing that I'm afraid...

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 23, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8650007

So glad to hear you had a good experience with your surgery, Barb! My friend had both eyes done within a couple days of each other, and was also amazed at how many things 'came to life' afterwards! Drove her hubby crazy for the first week, as they told her not to bend over, etc, so she pointed out the dust bunnies under the furniture that was now so apparent to her...LOL She wore glasses for years, and now only wears sunglasses to drive!

Marion, I think your Mom is a fighter! I'm glad that its just an infection, although that in itself is enough to wear her down, too. Sending hugs and prayers for her (and you!)

Pam, you're a brave lady! At least now you have an idea on where you go from here, it does ease the mind somewhat.

To everyone I've missed, or am behind on, I'm sending warm wishes and good vibes for a better tomorrow!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2011
7:53 PM

Post #8650358

Barb, so glad to hear your surgeries are done. I have been wearing glasses since 7th grade.
Marion, glad to hear your Mom is doing OK. It must be so frustrating being told one thing,then find out it was something else. You would think the Dr.'s would know what they are doing?
Take care, and drive safely going home.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 23, 2011
9:27 PM

Post #8650613

Linda, I sometimes think that is why the "practice medicine" LOL...

Barb & Pam, glad to hear it's going good and you're past "that part", Marion I'm hoping life slows down and gets better all the time now. Sending T&Ps out to your family.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2011
5:53 AM

Post #8650999

Thank you so much my friends. I know that all your good wishes are why things turned out so well for me and I surely do appreciate them...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2011
6:48 AM

Post #8651083

Pat, that sounds just like astatement my late hubby would say. LOL Yes, they "practice" medicine...Stu no offense intended!!!

Barb, isn't it fun to see things all new again. I think the heat and lack or moisture in the air has been responsible for my using no many drops.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Stay cool and if you are getting to much rain, please send some to us.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
8:11 AM

Post #8671455

ALRIGHT!! I'm sewing again and several are going out in the mail... some will also include their Winter swap and if you're in the 5" charm swap, might even have that!!
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 4, 2011
8:57 AM

Post #8671540

Pat it sounds like you are on a roll.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
9:49 AM

Post #8671626

I AM!! And I'm even going to mail out a box of ties to you with your stuff. I realized I had more ties than I thought and need to get them to you. I sure hope they are what you want. Please let me know if you need more.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 4, 2011
10:35 AM

Post #8671687

Pat send me some of your energy as well.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
11:08 AM

Post #8671735

ENERGY?? no. desperation!! LOL, I have soooo much to do and I'm sooooo far behind and I'm home today!!! GOTTA get with the program and "make hay while the sun shines!" I've been in there sewing like crazy, it looks like a tornado hit the place!! Fabric everywhere, piles of this and that. Umpteen projects going at once.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
4:22 PM

Post #8672277

Cheryl, I SWEAR I will never finish this block! LOL... I feel like I have been on this one ALL day!! But... I'm liking the colors and how it is turning out so I'm hopeful you will too.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8675954

OK, it would be helpful if EVERYONE would check in with where they are on blocks. If you have finished and mailed all your's and whether you have received all yours. I know I have one I can not remember who I got it from!!! and no name on it. I have all but 2 blocks finished and several to mail out now. So if you are missing mine, know that they are coming soon!!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
10:12 AM

Post #8676112

I have the remainder of the ones due out...all cut out and ready to sew, should be able to accomplish that in the next day or two...as far as received...I'd have to dig to check on that...but I do know right where to dig...will do so when I get back from the grocery store...I hate grocery shopping !!!! but maybe we can stop at Joanne's !!! hmmmm :-)

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
10:20 AM

Post #8676128

Oops my bad. wrong thread.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2011 12:41 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
11:11 AM

Post #8676250

All mine were mailed out long time ago.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
11:17 AM

Post #8676265

Pat would it help if we d-mailed you who we have received from and who we have sent to?
Using today's date that should help you.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
11:25 AM

Post #8676281

Sure Barb, that would be fine.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
12:14 PM

Post #8676399

I almost have mine all ready to mail. Only a few left to get done and I hope to have them all done by the weekend. I have not mailed out any yet but did give LadybugNH hers.
These are the ones I have received: Stu, Mittsy, Helene, Betty, Janice and Karen.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
12:31 PM

Post #8676422

Barb, you should have received mine too?
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
2:56 PM

Post #8676658

I'm not sure I can give you much info as they are in FL and I am in NY, only have two here with me. Karen and Betty.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
4:44 PM

Post #8676829

LK the ones I have were signed and I don't recall getting any others. I put them in their own bags as they come and the bag is labeled. I'll look through some of the other bags that are going on at the same time and see if I messed up but I don't think so. We had the one for the beginning of the year and I got beige and orange and brown and that is here. Last years's Chrismas swap is still in the bag. I'll look again tomorrow when my eyes and I aren't quite so tired.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8676982

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1158289/

Barb, go to this link, one page back. You posted on 14 Feb, you got my block.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2011 8:09 PM

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8677040

I do have it LK! I got the two swaps confused. I was referring to the New Christmas/winter swap. I do have the orange, beige and brown one...
I YELLING HERE ___ I MESSED UP I AND TOLD WHICH BLOCKS I HAD FOR THE NEW CHRISTMAS SWAP!!!!!
For the swap for this thread I have received the following:
LK, Robin, Mittsy, Janice, Pam, Thunder, Karen, Kathy and Pat.
I am missing the following: Cheryl F and Cheryl L

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8677082

Barb, I was thinking..."If Stu is in this swap??? I don't have him on my list!! and I don't know what I am supposed to be making for him!!!??!!" thanks for clearing that up for me :)

I have blocks from Robin, Janice, Sondra, Barb, Karen, Mittsy, Linda K and Cheryl...but I am sorry to say I am not sure which Cheryl???
the center of the block is flags fabric...the red is a tot , solid white, and the blue has white flowers...ring any bells???? it was not marked at all, and I went through all the posts trying to figure it out...I had posted that I received a block from Cheryl , but not which one???

I have sent to Sondra, Cheryl F., Linda K, Cheryl L., Barb, Robin, and Janice. I have just finished block for Pam. and have blocks for Pat, and Mittsy, all cut and going to be sewn tomorrow...

I am confused on Karen, as I have it marked as sent, butttttt I have a block sitting here that I think is the block I made for her..it is a DP9 with black and whites???? sooo Karen did you get a block from me??? I am gonna send this one either way...

grocery shopping was not too bad, and I did go get a little bit of fabric!! :-)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
10:16 PM

Post #8677446

Any grocery shopping that includes fabric is improved drastically in my book.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
4:51 AM

Post #8677668

I'm not home so I can't check for a few days.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
10:29 AM

Post #8678283

When sending to me please make it the NY address. I just had to pay $7.35 to ransom a swap box as it was sent to Florida first. Thanks.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2011
1:05 PM

Post #8678586

got one more block done, one more to sew !!! they will go out in mail tomorrow !!!!!

on to the next block

Thumbnail by barefootT

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
1:37 PM

Post #8678651

Super shot Thunder. He looks great!!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
1:59 PM

Post #8678684

and happy

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2011
4:17 PM

Post #8678947

Thunder, what does the three stripes mean?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2011
8:55 PM

Post #8679509

Well they are red because his "job" falls into the "fireman" class???? no clue why as he is going into Nuclear propulsion , His Title is FN Kaplan...which is fireman kaplan like sergeant in the Army the three stripe is his rank!!! part of which is also the title of fireman, but some fireman can have only one stripe or two ...or THREE...thats higher!!!! I sure don't have it all figured out, I find Navy rankings very confusing I just know two is better than 1 , and three is better than two!! and means more pay also!!! he did very good on all of the personal testing he had in RTC training, so he got "ranked up" !! :-) HOORAH !!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2011
5:21 AM

Post #8679811

Well, that is good then for 3 stripes.
My Brother was in the navy, and even though he was an under water welder, he was also a fireman. Most of them are crossed trained to be fireman, especially since they will most likely be on a ship at some point, and fire hazards are very high. So they all have to learn to deal with them as they happen.
I have to tell a story about my Brother... He had been at sea for quite some time, and he had a craving for something sweet. Well, there are not much sweets on the ship, but he found out that the officers had ice cream in the deep freeze, so one night he thought he would sneak in and get a bowl. Well he got caught by the MP's, and had to spend 10 days in the brig! But he did not mind, as he got his ice cream first!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2011
8:17 AM

Post #8680115

that's so funny LK, I will tell Kyle to be sure NOT to sneak any ice cream !!!! I am sending him a box with some vanilla wafers and some Fluff !!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2011
1:19 PM

Post #8682361

Pat, I got your block today! Thank you for the beautiful fabric! Love it!

Thumbnail by taters55

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8682753

Me too Pat, Thank you, I love it.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8684604

I have everybody but Thunder's block done and most out in the mail. I was cutting more Charm blocks for Robin before mailing her's.

Karen, the 2 extra blocks were some that were included in a box of fabric my sister bought for me at a yard sale. I included the only Debbie Mum fabric I had hoping that would help you finish them out into more placemats.
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8684683

I'm working on my houses! will hopefully get to finish it next weekend!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8684829

Can't wait... that was such a cute idea!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2011
8:13 PM

Post #8685033

I had a sneak pre view of those houses on facebook...It is AWESOME :-)

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2011
8:50 PM

Post #8685083

Mojo, you are such a clever lady, you have the most vivid ideas of anyone I know.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8686636

A beautiful block came today from Thunder, thank you

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8686867

I finished my last block today and will mail tomorrow...
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2011
6:51 PM

Post #8687078

that is a really REALLY cool color combination and a gorgeous block!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
2:48 AM

Post #8687472

That 9 patch block is very versatile, I love that you duplicated the blue, black and green squares. It really pops. This is my block that arrived yesterday from Thunder. Love it. Will try to Sash it tomorrow. Garden weeder coming to work today. She found me on DG and will work for plants. It's a match made in heaven. outlawheart81 (Kelly). Sunday we went to a plant swap/covered dish together. What a fabulous day we had.

Thumbnail by mittsy

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8690952

Thunder, I got the beautiful block today, THANK YOU!!! I have ALL but your's in envelopes. I was trying to get the rest of my charm blocks cut for Robin & then several of those sets will go out at the same time. I slowly working my way thru... I'm on-call this weekend so I hope to get more sewing done.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 13, 2011
7:32 PM

Post #8691028

no worries Doc, I am in no hurry :)

glad you like like it, I kinda thought you would LOL...it was a very fun one to put together...I played around with the colors on EQ...had a great time messing with it.

I think I have a photo on the other computer, I will post later, or in the morning...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2011
8:04 PM

Post #8691086

AW... you know me too well Thunder!! hehehe

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
9:53 AM

Post #8691939

here are a few photos of "the Doc block" in progress...

here I am working on it

Thumbnail by barefootT

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
9:57 AM

Post #8691947

and here is another

Thumbnail by barefootT

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
10:03 AM

Post #8691958

like my shirt?? it says "half my heart is in Iraq" ??!!!

this is the block, before any sewing was done...this photo came out better than the one of the block all sewn...

Thumbnail by barefootT

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
10:10 AM

Post #8691969

here's mine own...in RWB, seee the threads in the background?? I won them from the "quiltmaker" blog !!!! I pop on there every now and then and they had asked about thread stashes...I stated that I had a small thread stash, and that I had a few of the "connecting threads" collections...guess they liked that...as next thing I knew, they sent a e mail, saying I won!! a Sulky thread collection !!! cool eh??!!

edited for spelling/typing , I guess the fingers are not yet awake LOL

This message was edited Jul 14, 2011 12:16 PM

Thumbnail by barefootT

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
10:19 AM

Post #8691996

better photo of the threads...

I had forgotten all about making the comment on the blog...and got the e mail saying they needed my address to send my prize !!! sure was a "neat" surprise!!!!

Thumbnail by barefootT

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
10:24 AM

Post #8692008

just thought it would be fun to share "sewing" picture...instead of just the usual "done block",
sew I had the hubs take a few photo's...

Thumbnail by barefootT

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
10:49 AM

Post #8692043

Thunder, those are nice pictures! Love the quote on your shirt too!
Congrats on winning the threads! Do they work nice in your machine?
I won a baby go cutter from accuquilt on facebook, and bought a set of dies, and I have never used it. Guess I need to get it out, dust it off, and figure it out? Just about every Friday they have a give a way, so go check them out when you get the chance.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
11:55 AM

Post #8692139

I have not used any yet...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 17, 2011
2:48 PM

Post #8698105

Ok Betty, I noticed somehow we had gotten back on #3. I looked thru the WHOLE 1 - 4 and I didn't see Thunder post a picture of RWB snowman block. I got a beautiful RWB snowman... let me see if I can tell who sent it, I don't remember off the top of my head. I'm sure I acknowledged it without a picture.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2011
8:27 PM

Post #8698668

I got a RWB snowman block from Barb, for the Christmas/winter swap??? is that what you are referring to??? and I got a RWB block from YOU Doc, for the Christmas swap before that...2010 Christmas swap, the one that I did initials for everybody...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 17, 2011
9:45 PM

Post #8698724

Yep, Over on #3 Barb just mentioned she wasn't sure if you had posted a picture of it or not. YEP, I gave you a RWB one last year. I'm working on a special Snowman for you this year NOT RWB...

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2011
10:04 AM

Post #8699574

Doc, I know it will be fantastic.!!!...I took some photos, will download in just a bit...need a few more sips of coffee, and a little more wake up time first...Had a rough night of sleep/no sleep last night...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 18, 2011
9:24 PM

Post #8700963

Thunder, you are getting your Snowman wish!!! HOLY cow, you are getting some GREAT blocks in the Christmas/Winter theme swap!!!

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 19, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8701378

Yahoo!! I got home to find a package from Pat! I eagerly opened it to find a wonderful block that is going to look great with the rest, and a great assortment of charm squares too. It quite made my day. Thank you Pat very much.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2011
9:31 AM

Post #8701655

Glad you liked it.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 19, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8702563

Pictures please?
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 24, 2011
3:00 PM

Post #8712861

All I have left to do is the borders:) I love the way this turned out!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 24, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8712908

Any chance of a road map Sondra so we know who sent what????

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2011
4:16 PM

Post #8713002

S ondra, I wasn't sure I'd like the sashing with the different black& white's and I love even that! LOL.. That is one WILD quilt and I LOVE it! I'm going to try the wonky block and sashing with a lap quilt size. I want to EASE into this wildness!

I finished Thunder's block today. How many other's still have blocks to mail out? I believe there are one or two I have not yet received. I would have to check.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 24, 2011
4:56 PM

Post #8713037

Great job Sondra!

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8713203

how cool!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 24, 2011
11:38 PM

Post #8713477

Yea we need a road map !!!!!
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 25, 2011
3:10 AM

Post #8713523

Wow that turned out very nice. I really like all the colors. Very nice neighborhood.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 25, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8713878

Thunder, you were my LAST block, hopelessly late BUT!! It goes to the mail box today along with the Winter theme one and your charms, and your scraps for 1.5 blocks.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 25, 2011
1:41 PM

Post #8714542

Thanks Doc ...I am very anxious to see my "special" block...

I slept 7 hours...yup seven!!! can't remember last time I did that...got up at noon, and now I am gonna go do some fabric cutting for the Christmas / winter swap, just got all my patterns printed...sew off I go :-)
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 25, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8714721

My memory is crap:) I'll have to look at the backs of the blocks to remember who sent which ones. I know which is mine and which is Thunders:) maybe I can refresh my memory by looking back through the postings to see if I posted them. I think I did but then again...that memory thing. I'm hoping to get it done in time to enter into the Kansas State Fair!

Oh yeah...if I do enter it what should I call it?! any ideas for a name?

This message was edited Jul 25, 2011 4:28 PM

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 25, 2011
4:15 PM

Post #8714799

Second row down - right side was from me. I'm thinking something like "My Village of Friends" or "Best Neighbors" ...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 25, 2011
4:17 PM

Post #8714803

I got a message from Mittsy that her computer is gone (to her son's home) and won't be back until fall. She said to tell everyone that your blocks are in process and you will get them all...

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 25, 2011
4:37 PM

Post #8714852

quilters make the best neighbors !! wild quilters make wacky houses !!! wacky quilters make wild houses wonderful quilters make wild houses!! a quilters dream house Bright is Beautiful how bright are you're dreams??

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 25, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8715033

Sondra, mine is the one with the lace. I'm not funky.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 25, 2011
6:12 PM

Post #8715089

Middle top with purple swirl skies (that remind me of Starry Night by VanGogh)

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 25, 2011
7:05 PM

Post #8715216

Karen, I think yellow and pink and lace could be considered funky!! oh yea !! :)

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 26, 2011
7:31 AM

Post #8716014

Sondra, mine is top row right.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 26, 2011
7:41 AM

Post #8716023

I'm so plain Jane, I have all beige walls. LOL I envy all of you with your colorful eyes.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 26, 2011

Post #8716143

Very nice Sondra!! How about "From Scraps, A Neighborhood "?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 26, 2011
10:40 AM

Post #8716346

Mine has the sun in the window.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 26, 2011
10:45 AM

Post #8716353

"From scraps, A Neighborhood, Sewn Together"
just a thought...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 26, 2011
7:25 PM

Post #8717317

Sew many Wacky friends !
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

July 27, 2011
6:23 AM

Post #8718080

You Ladies sure have been busy...so many beautiful blocks!!
Sondra that quilt will be just stunning!!! I love the sashing and all the colourful houses...each one has personality and charm

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2011
8:41 AM

Post #8722956

I got a D mail not to long ago, from the Lovely lady I call Doc, Most of you know that is Pat...well she asked , could she do a different block for this swap?? as she saw something she wanted to make, and had an idea she thought I would really like...I told her to go for it!!!

well yesterday I got a squisshy from Doc, and in it was the block for this swap, the block for the Christmas / winter swap, the "mystery person" block, the charms for that swap, and some scraps for my 1.5'' charm quilt!!! what a lovely package!!!

Well just take a look at this awesome block !!!! :-) it is called "pat's star" from quilters cache,

Doc, you made the block shine !!! and my heart too...thanks ever sew much :-)

it is Red, White, and Blue, and the touch of yellow...says "come home soon" think Y'all know what that means to me...

Thumbnail by barefootT

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2011
9:25 AM

Post #8723042

Thunder, I love that block! I know that block means a lot to you!

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 29, 2011
9:42 AM

Post #8723075

Pretty Star block, Pat!
Thunder, wouldn't that look nice made into a little 'banner' to hang in your window??

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8723084

Yes it would Kiz...butttttt it is gonna go smak dab in the center of my RWB quilt !!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8723085

Great block Pat. Lucky you Thunder. I keep looking at that pattern but...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 29, 2011
12:40 PM

Post #8723416

What a wonderful block Pat. And Thunder I have goose bumbs after reading your post. "come home soon"

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 29, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8723943

What a thoughtful expression of Pat's regard for you Thunder. It is truly special and deserves a special place...
Great job Pat!!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 29, 2011
9:05 PM

Post #8724505

I fell in love with that block pattern the moment I saw it, the fact that it's named "Pat's Star" certainly cinched the job! I had to wait until now before I had the confidence and experience to be able to do it. I've been holding on to it for a couple of years now! Thunder and I have been asking for RWB for our swaps for several years now so she was the first person I thought of when I saw this block. I'm grateful she let me bug out on the assigned block and do something special for her.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2011
9:20 PM

Post #8724532

:-)
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 31, 2011
3:11 PM

Post #8728062

Pat I love the block! It would look terrific in the middle or even as a whole quilt. Just must use that as your signature!

By the way, my house is the middle one on the bottom and I love, love, love that quilt. So original and wonderful.

I got a block from Doc quite some time ago, while on vacation. I have been vary lax about acknowledging what I get and with the computer giving me fits pictures are a problem, too.

I have really been lax about keeping track of who sends me what and who I send to. This and the Christmas I didn't keep my usual lists. Can you let me know who has received from me and who I owe?
I think I am all caught up but want to be sure.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 31, 2011
3:45 PM

Post #8728180

I have received blocks from...Janice, Doc, Sondra, LindaK, Mittsy, Barb, Robin, Karen, and one of the Cheryls ??, but I don't know which one :( I wrote received from cheryl...??? no last name or dg name??? it has flag fabric in the center????

and all of mine have been sent out...sew if you did not get one from me please let me know...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 31, 2011
8:54 PM

Post #8728741

Janice I got a RWB Winter block VERY early on and it that I am 90% sure came from you. I got your block from this swap as well.

I am still missing a block. I have ONE block that I can not remember who it came from, it is not signed. I thought it would be easy to tell who I got blocks from even if they did not sign. I asked for my block to be made in the SAME block pattern each swap member requested for themselves only in My colors.

Mittsy sent an emboirdered rose block,Got2bgreen (Cheryl) , Silio (Karen), LadyDragon (Janice) Catbird (Robin), I believe Garden Glory (Pam) sent a D9P, Barefoot (Thunder), Sondra, Taters (Linda K.) & Barbara. Did I miss acknowledging YOUR block?
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 1, 2011
2:47 AM

Post #8728974

I have no way of knowing as the received blocks are in Florida and I am in NY. My old computer is in KY with my son who is trying to recover my files and pictures. Will get it back in November when we gather for Thanksgiving. I try to acknowlege in the threads so you could try there.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 4, 2011
7:45 PM

Post #8737653

Who's left? Is there anyone who has yet to mail out blocks? My records show I'm short a block or two yet and have ONE block I am not sure of WHO it came from. It had very pale pink fabric with a small feather print on it, ring any bells?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 4, 2011
8:26 PM

Post #8737751

I have not received from one of the Cheryl's, or from Pam

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 5, 2011
4:09 AM

Post #8738122

I'm waiting on both Cheryls. Cherrific and got2Bgreen. I have blocks from everyone else..

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2011
8:21 AM

Post #8739951

Ok, I have been back thru the 3 & 4th thread and trying to figure out "where everybody is" on getting and sending out blocks. Cherriffic (Cheryl F) was having some medical issues and posted back on 4/20 and I have not seen a post from her since.

Got2Bgreen (Cheryl L.) mentioned she had gone back to school on 4/28 and I don't see another post from her since.

GardenGlory (Pam) had been experiencing heart problems and was on nasty meds but last I saw 6/23 was still working on blocks and hoped to get them mailed out.

That's the update folks. In the future I would encourage everyone to sign their blocks in the seam. If a block comes that does not have a name on it, write it in. I've only recently started doing that and boy... what a life saver that is!! Live and learn, I am be "old" but I'm a relatively new at making quilt blocks.

One of my favorite co-workers got a new job at a different agency a month ago. We are now down to just 3 DMHPs to carry the work load of 5 or 6 people. Providing 24 X 7 coverage is hard enough without being short handed.

We just hired a new gal and she starts Sept 1. The only good news is that my boss promised me I am not the on-call for Christmas day this year. I hope she's right...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 6, 2011
9:32 AM

Post #8740094

Pat, understand about your work load. My daughter just started back to work (teaches school); short 1 teacher, 37 students and counting to squeeze into 25 desk (can't wait to see how this accomplished) and an extended day. Not as demanding as your job but oh the stress level!! Thank goodness she has hobbies for an outlet. The older I get the more I realize just how important these outlets are for us. Hang in there, we need you.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 6, 2011
3:02 PM

Post #8740649

Marion, do you have a # for Pam??
sure hope they are all ok??!!??
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 6, 2011
7:17 PM

Post #8740950

Sadly I have lost her number Thunder. I do worry about her as she has been ill and not posting lately. I might have her email address, will check and see.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 8, 2011
6:13 PM

Post #8745471

PLEASE if you have not mailed out your blocks, check in and let people know what's going on!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 8, 2011
8:56 PM

Post #8745706

Doc, I usually do mark the blocks on a seam if they are not already marked when I get them, butttttt in my case with the "cheryl" block...I guess when I marked it, I was not paying attention to the swap list, and was not thinking of the 2 cheryls??? my bad...

I was plenty late with these myself...so I can not be upset with any one else, for not having them done yet...especially if they are having health issues :( I am not at all worried about the blocks, just hoping that the "quilters" are doing ok

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 17, 2011
6:03 PM

Post #8761993

I heard from Cherriff today, she's had a BIG dose of life and will be making quilt blocks before long. Thank you to all for your patience.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 18, 2011
5:00 AM

Post #8762497

No problem Cheryl. Whenever for me okay???

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 18, 2011
10:22 PM

Post #8764057

same here Cheryl, any time / whenever...take care of you...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2011
1:28 PM

Post #8863332

I received my block from Cheryl (cherrific) today and it is stunning!!! Camera is charging so I'll post a picture soon.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2011
2:56 PM

Post #8863438

This is my block from Cheriffic> I just love it...

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2011
4:37 PM

Post #8863556

Barb, love those colors!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

October 25, 2011
4:40 PM

Post #8863558

Wow Barb I just mailed that yesterday that was quick.
I am all caught up now I mailed to;

Mojoquilter- 2 blocks (mailed in the beginning of swap)
Taters55- at the beginning of swap
5got2Bgreen- at the beginning of the swap

***psychw2-10/24/11
***Quilter5bdsr-10/24/11
***catbird423- 10/24/11
***Gardenglory-10/24/11 Pam I made this one with 5 inch charms if it is too big I will redo it for you I did not realize this would end up 13 1/2 finished.
***BarefootT-10/24/11
***Silolegma-10/24/11 Karen after I mailed this I came home to the mail and the one I sent you for the christmas swap came back to me undeliverable I re-mailed today please let me know if you don't see these soon I will have to check addy info with you.

***Ladydragon5- 10/25/11
***mittsy- 10/25/11
***silolegma- 10/25/11 (re-mail different swap)

I am so sorry these are so late everyone please forgive me I hope you all still need them for your quilts. As always I enjoyed getting back in my sewing room and getting these done they were fun and all sooo pretty. I really loved doing the DP9 blocks so simple but they are gorgeous. Enjoy and thanks for being sooo very patient with me.
Cher

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2011
5:32 PM

Post #8863641

Always patient Cher. We never know which of us will need the extra time. I've always felt the object here is have fun and support each other. We are just so happy to have you back again!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 25, 2011
6:44 PM

Post #8863742

Glad you are doing better Cher, we've all had life get in the way at some time or other!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 28, 2011
2:45 AM

Post #8866606

I received another card trick block. Thank you Cher. Very pretty. Will post a picture later. Will try to put it in the partially assembled quilt today.

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 28, 2011
9:14 AM

Post #8866947

Cher, I love the block you sent me, got it yesterday. I will post a picture of it and the rest of the blocks later after I get home (and vacumm the floor, lol).

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 28, 2011
10:07 AM

Post #8867002

I had this one in the wrong thread. I love it Cheryl, beautiful colors. Thanks again.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

October 28, 2011
2:55 PM

Post #8867255

Barb, I saw on one of the threads that you were talking about a rag quilt with flannels. I rarely wash the fabrics I use before I sew but with flannels I ALWAYS wash them before I sew. I was warned by one of the ladies at JoAnn's that flannels will shrink quite a bit and they should be washed before you put them together with anything especially if you are using cotton with the flannel. Hope this helps for you.

Cherrific, I love the block you sent! The fabrics were just ME! I have no problem waiting for something this good. As you all know I have had my health problems lately and will finally!! start radiation on Monday. I will be driving in the nearest town five days a week until the week before Christmas. Thought I would be all done with this before then but had some problems with fluid in the breast after surgery so we had to put it off. Just want it all to be done!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 28, 2011
8:33 PM

Post #8867614

Janice, I'm hoping it all goes smoothly for you from this point forward!

Cheryl, the block you sent is STUNNING!!! You picked such a pretty block, I loved your Darting Bird pattern. You chose really nice fabric in the pink and black for me, thank you so much.

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2011
10:27 AM

Post #8868063

Ok, floor has been vacummed. This is the block I got from Cherr. I just love black and whites, such a great contrast.

Thumbnail by Catbird423

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2011
10:28 AM

Post #8868065

Here are all 9 blocks together. I think I need to make a few more.

Thumbnail by Catbird423

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 29, 2011
10:49 PM

Post #8868723

Robin!! those look sew ...very good...together!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8868845

I love how that pattern comes together. Great job everyone!!! You picked a wonderful pattern Robin.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

November 1, 2011
10:15 AM

Post #8871888

That really does look great I am glad you hadn't finished before I got mine out to you.
So glad you got yours Karen went back and forth a bit but thankfully got to their destination. LOL
Cher

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2011
10:31 AM

Post #8871910

beautiful block I got from Cher, have not even thought about starting this one!!! never mind finishing so you were not late for me!!!

Thumbnail by barefootT

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

November 1, 2011
10:34 AM

Post #8871914

I liked that block Thunder it looks soooo diferent just by moving the colors around.
Cher
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2011
1:58 PM

Post #8872177

I like it too!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8872185

here it is in pink and black and white !!!

Thumbnail by barefootT

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2011
2:16 PM

Post #8872210

That looks like it's calling Pat's name. Lovely

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2011
2:22 PM

Post #8872220

yes Mittsy that was a block I did for pat!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2011
2:24 PM

Post #8872223

Yep, getting to know each other pretty well.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

November 1, 2011
9:44 PM

Post #8872836

LOL... yep! It is the one Thunder made for me and it's a KILLER beautiful block!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

November 2, 2011
8:48 AM

Post #8873203

OOOOOOOOOO I love that pink black and white
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

November 2, 2011
2:37 PM

Post #8873560

Robin, what was the name of that pattern? I love the way it looks and I probably would have never choosen it if I hadn't seen the way it looks with others. I love the way the colors all come together and the white pattern if great, too. Good choice!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 2, 2011
3:43 PM

Post #8873621

Janice that is the snail's tail block also known as monkey wrench

http://quilterscache.com/M/MonkeyWrenchBlock.html
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2011
9:25 AM

Post #8876215

thanks, Barb, I really like the way you can make it so many different ways and I like them all!
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2011

Post #8878861

I got my block from cheryl too. I loved it for a couple reasons. Thanks you so much for the block and for the encouragment to keep going even if my blocks are late. I hope to one day soon establish a new 'relationship' with my sewing machine.
That is a great pink and black block Thunder!!

Hoping everyone doing well and has a great fall and holiday season! Be well

pam

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8878948

We have missed you Pam and look forward to when you can join in once again. Sure do understand how life gets in our way.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America