-
AuthorContent
geneso
Seattle, WA

May 18, 2011
8:58 AM

Post #8571469

Hello,

I have planted three tree lines the length of my property. I added amendments when planting and have lovingly supplied them with water. At this altitude ( 6,500) my more mature oaks ( majority of the trees I have planted) are just now exhibiting some growth characteristics.

With the limited growing season here ( 5a) at this altitude is there some type of fertilizer which will cause these trees to grow faster? I appreciate the fact that most survived the -27 degree cold snap which set some records here last winter. Is anyone aware of the exact formulation for some of the more popular fertilizers commonly available?

Thanks in advance,

Gene So
Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 18, 2011
4:19 PM

Post #8572361

Gene,

I like using Dr.Earth or Fox Farms organic fertilizers because they contain both soil bacteria & michorazae. I also use Nutri-paks from green as it gets, http://greenasitgets.com/index.php. This combo has worked well for my trees in western Colorado at 5900'.

You might also try throwing coffee grounds around your trees as the earth worms LOVE coffee grounds!

Sonny

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Rocky Mountain Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anybody growing vegetables in the Rockies? pajaritomt 166 Jun 25, 2007 3:26 PM
Invasive for the rest of the country still invasive here? MQN 33 May 28, 2007 6:36 AM
Milkweed - Asclepias seeds? hello85 3 Aug 14, 2007 10:15 PM
Greenhouse GMan13 126 Mar 5, 2007 10:48 PM
This might brighten you up......(continued) ginger749 162 Jan 3, 2012 12:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America