Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Poultry and Livestock: Chickens keeping pets

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 5, Views: 58
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jylgaskin
Williamsburg, MI
(Zone 4b)

May 18, 2011
8:37 PM

Post #8572968

I need to have a serious talk with my ladies. I went out to the coop last night for something after dark. when I turned on the light , there were two fat field mice sitting in the feeder. I pointed them out to the girls and they pretended to be surprised. They weren't fooling me. I know full well that in the daytime, if a mouse shows up they fight each other for it. These must be personal pets and they have been hiding them from me. We definitely need to go over the "No PETS" clause in their lease!
Haystack
Ferndale, WA

May 18, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8573022

Thats just to funny JYL. Mine won't touch a mouse, but my cat loves to hang out in the hen house and catch the mice or rats...Hay
catmad
Pelzer, SC
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2011
4:11 AM

Post #8573206

Funny, I saw one last night too. And two rats, which was more disconcerting. I was looking for a little roo who hadn't come in (didn't find him, sadly) and looked in places I usually don't. The mouse was in a cabinet I don't use any more, and looked quite surprised to see me. The rats were under the pre-release cage, and stuck their tongues out at me, I swear. Now I know why Alien (a cat) hangs out in there at night. I'll eliminate their access today...
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2011
9:58 AM

Post #8573814

You guys are too funny!
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

May 20, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8576549

ROFL!!! Mine won't touch them in the dark either and they have a light
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

May 21, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8577119

Mine love mice,they play chase when I throw a dead one in for them that I have caught in a trap

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America