-
AuthorContent
LizaMouse
Covington, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 19, 2011
7:00 PM

Post #8574768

I live in the country and I have a very wildlife friendly property. I feed the birds and the raccoons and the deer in winter. But now the armadillos are becoming a big problem. I don't mind the holes all over the yard near the house (I'm pretty sure he lives under the house), but now he is absolutely demolishing the garden. Is there some way I can discourage him from digging in certain areas? If not, can I trap him and relocate him? What in the world would you bait the trap with? I don't want to put out any poison and I don't want to shoot him. I just want him to stay out of the garden!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2011
4:45 PM

Post #8674523

We used to set traps for coyotes and we would catch armadillos instead..not sure why, but they would often die, before we could find them and release them (a matter of hours) maybe they died of fright?
Not sure what you could do to discourage them from digging.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Wildlife Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Doing the Bunny Leap Bloomer 5 Apr 6, 2012 10:46 AM
The nicest thing happened in the local Walmart in their greenhouse.............. Merry_Sunshine 2 Apr 6, 2012 10:44 AM
Black Panther at pond BittysGarden 3 Apr 6, 2012 10:56 AM
BIG cat incident lantana 7 May 16, 2012 7:21 PM
I'm A Moose Matador Weezingreens 166 Feb 6, 2014 5:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America