Another use for old louvered doors

Englewood, FL

Just finished this one today,I lined the inside with a Pergo type laminated flooring, the medallion in middle of the headboard is a curtain or drape hold back.

Thumbnail by ifantail
Ewing, NE

Very nicely done!!!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Great job! I have 2 shutters here that came from my mom's place and getting a lot of ideas how to use them.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Super!

Southern California, CA

Nice!

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

another great job ....

Crossville, TN

I love it!! Jo

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

It looks great.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Wow, what a treasure!

Yucaipa, CA(Zone 10a)

@ifantail ~ This one looks good too! Was this one made with the same instructions as for Bench # 22 ?? I like what you did with the louvered doors on the front of the bench. Was there any particular size of the louvered door you used for the front? Was the back of this bench also made from a twin size headboard? I would like to see all the benches you made. Great job!

Englewood, FL

Jennie, I use 15" closet doors or 1/4" plywood bead-board for natural or stained finishes & 1/4" fiber bead-board for the painted ones.I have also glued cloth that matches the seat to the front, I only use twin size headboards, if it comes with a good foot-board I can use it for the arm rests. The first one that I made is at end of my bed, my wife stores extra sheets & blankets in it.

Englewood, FL

Jennie, scroll down & click on page 13, look for Sept.9/09, page 18, Nov. 13 & 14/08

Yucaipa, CA(Zone 10a)

Okay, thanks infantail! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.