Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Another Placemat Swap

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

For those of you who missed the last one, here's another chance to participate in a place mat swap. You pick the theme, fall, winter, Christmas, thanksgiving, whatever. I'll be hosting but not participating. You get to vote on how many you wish to make, one, two, or four. Majority will rule. I'll take sign ups until the end of June and pair you with a partner. Let's set October 1st as the date to mail by. If you have not listed your complete addy in the exchange, then please dmail me your info, including email and phone number. I will only give your info to your trade partner.
List of participants:
Barb (Quilter5bdsr) 4 Rec'd
Nicole (Syrumani) 4 Rec'd
Janice (Ladydragon5) 4 Rec'd.
Laura (house301) 4 Rec'd
Gloria (morknotmindy) 4 Rec'd

All have received their new placemats. Those fall tables should be looking good. Nice job everyone.

This message was edited Oct 20, 2011 6:35 PM

Thumbnail by mittsy
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Me please!!! I like 4 mats. There are only two of us here but that way it's two on the table and two for company!!! I have a ceramic table top and use mats all the time so as not to scratch!!!

Edited to add that I'd love a fall/autumn theme......

This message was edited May 22, 2011 8:22 AM

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Me too! I'm in! I like 4 mats . . . they don't all have to be the same, either, just coordinated. I'd like something Fall-ish or Thanksgiving-ish . . .

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

I'm in! I'd like 4 placemats in Fall theme and colors since my open living/dining/kitchen is decorated in warm fall colors. I was looking for a summer project!

Mittsy, are you going to give out partners for this?

Lexington Park, MD

Barb trust me I understand about CRS. Glad to hear you are still using the ones I sent.
Count me in for 4 Fall placemats.

Jan, read the top post where it says in July I'll give out partners.

Bumping this up to see if we can get a few more sign ups.

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Mittsy, I would like to participate in the placemat swap. Four would be great. My house is Santa Fe Style, I have Fiesta Ware, I love red, yellow, blue, really anything SW. The dining room is yellow, kitchen has green and white tile, lots of red Kitchen Aid stuff. It is colorful, just the way I like it!!

Thumbnail by morknotmindy

Time to pair partners is just around the corner. All you lurkers, it's time to decide, yes or no. Are you in? Let me add that I would like to make just one (1) place mat to swap. My mom, 92 lives alone and loves florals, pinks and purples, violets, lilacs, anyone want to make one for her. Then I'd make one for you, you could specify a theme, or for a young grandchild, holiday, Happy Birthday, whatever. Let's chat.

Mittsy, I would be honored to make a placemat for your Mom along with the four for a swap. I believe it was Kizmo's Mom who had broken arms and we all sent her cards and books. It really was great for her and I'd love to do the same for your Mom....And nothing back please....

Well, thank you, Barb. It would be greatly appreciated. She still loves to have tea out of her violet decorated very thin porcelain tea cup. One of the pleasures of life that the elderly can enjoy.
Mittsy

Mittsy, does she just like violets or does she like other flowers as well?

She likes, lavender colored flowers. Hence lilacs,and violets, anything in the purple family from light lilac to the darkest purple.

Pansies????

Yeppers, she loves then!

Do we send to you???? In NY????

Yep, mom is upstairs in her own little apartment.

You got it my friend...

Your secret swap partner is being d mailed to you. Lots of time to get these finished and chat. I'll post data on the first posting to make it easier to check. I am working on some for Meals on Wheels so will be posting my pictures as we go. My laptop is pretty old and the screen keeps going dark so it is a matter of time before I am computerless. I never went beyond XP as it was the latest version that would interface with my wonderful old Sony Cybershot camera. Just love that camera and I know how to use most of the buttons and settings, except video. That is why I am giving you my email addy, just in case, you need to get in touch with me, I'll have my sister check e mail if that happens.

Sorry, forgot to ask, does anyone know how to do a group blast?

Mittsy could you please add DG names to the top list? I know this Gloria is Morknotmindy but there is another Gloria in the Christmas swap _ LadybugNH. I don't want to end up sending to the wrong people. Thanks, Barb

OK Barb, done.

Here's what I'm working on. Need to find a backing and I can continue. I noticed the Hummer feeder is empty, better get the bird feeders all refilled.

Thumbnail by mittsy

You probably noticed that the above picture has for the center block the sliced and rotated 9 patch. I lovethat block and use it a lot. Here's a preview of the Winter swap block I made for Thunder's SIL Sweetie. Going to combine with the 5" squares to save on mailing costs.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Forgot to say, coffee's on me this morning, on the deck. Two deer just went racing by. Ah, nature!

Thumbnail by mittsy

Been away all day and came home to find you took my mug!!!!!! Just kidding. Do you use that one? I love mine!!

Too funny. Went shopping and found my new Florida mug, the recipe holder, and a potholder that all matched, just loved the one I got for you so when I found it again, bought myself one. My FL kitchen is pink and turquoise. As we live in a windowless condo it's pretty dark. The pink wallpaper really brightens it up and the fake window we installed gives an ocean view. Sorry I can't find a picture of the window but here's a picture of our knitted Christmas stockings.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Just bumping us up so we don't get lost. Actually, I had to check on the dates. I'm grateful for the later mailing date as i've been pretty busy this summer watching my grandson and sewing up a storm. I remembered that this was on the radar but wasn't too sure of time limit. Hope this finds all well and enjoying the summer months....

Lexington Park, MD

I do have a question.....is it possible for all to list table size /shape ?

Why not? With the understanding that if the mats are already made,
they are what you get........
My table is an oval but wide enough for regular sized mats.

Lexington Park, MD

Mine is a very large rectangle so regular mats work also.

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

I've been working on the placemats. One down and three to go. I'm trying something new and am having fun. Can hardly wait to get them done! Altho it is a bit time consuming...... How is every one else coming along? Have some of you finished and already sent them out?

I don't think so.

Not me. But mine will be ready by crunch time!!!!!

Lexington Park, MD

Still figuring out what pattern I want to use.

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

I am not backing out but with the surgery for my breast cancer and the fact that my DIL (Fairy1004) had just come out of the hospital with multiple blood clots in the lungs and leg, it may be a while before I can get to these. This last two weeks it seems that it never rains but pours.

I do have the fabric and a design in mind so that while I am taking the radiation treatments I can be sewing at home.

Happy Fall...

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh Jan, so sorry, I had no idea. You are both in my thoughts.

Dear Lord Janice, My prayers will be doubled for sure. If you have my name, please don't worry about getting them done. Whenever you can is okay by me. Please let Fairy1004 know that we miss her and will be praying for her speedy recovery.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Big hugs Janice for you and your DIL, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Love Thea

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Oh my, Jan.......Best wishes to you and your DIL for a speedy recovery. I'm with Barb, if you have my name please don't worry about the time limit. Hang in there, girl!!!

Please think of the deadline as a guideline, do not stress over a date. We all have had life issues that need to be dealt with from time to time and we all know it will be worth the wait.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.