Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

So happy! Went to the local plant sale today and scored 3 new streps: Vampires Kiss, Hot Ticket and Neils Shenadoah!

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Wow! Great haul! I have a weakness for red Streps and 'Vampire's Kiss' is one of the hottest ones I have seen.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Would you like me to send you a leaf?

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the offer but I'm still in the experimental stage with Streps. My growing area gets too hot in Summer and I want to see if I can get the few that I have through Summer before I consider adding more.

Montgomery, AL

Tamberlin- Thank you so much for the Gator's tail and bonus! You sent me such beautiful leaves. You are very generous and I'm happy you 'scored' too. I'm like Olaf, trying to see if Streps will grow for me. So far, so good. However, August is looming in the future.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

(Dramatic music) Yes, it is... LOL

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

It gets extremely hot and humid here in the summer too - probably not as hot as in AL, but hot enough for me. My streps are in my studio under grow lights and in the summer I have an air conditioner and dehumidifier going almost 24/7 so the artwork can dry. I usually do lose a few during the summer, but it's not a mass extinction.

Good luck and let me know if the fall if you want more!
Deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images