Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: A Second Chance For Helen's Hyacinths: Poinsettias

Communities > Forums > Article: A Second Chance For Helen's Hyacinths
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Second Chance For Helen's HyacinthsReplies: 0, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
stellamarina
Laie, HI

May 22, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8580566

I have found that the office workers at the local college have a habit of putting nearly expired poinsettias outside the office door on the curb in the months after xmas. There the plants sit with no college nursery worker seeming to pick them up. Now I keep an eye out and offer to take the sad plant off their hands. I do not bother to revive them...have tried to in the past and it is beyond my powers, but the pot and potting mix are happily recycled.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Second Chance For Helen's Hyacinths Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helen's Hyacinths DEMinPA 13 Mar 7, 2010 10:59 AM
Nice story MistyPetals 1 Apr 3, 2008 4:40 PM
Charming story. chrisw99 0 Apr 3, 2008 5:58 PM
Wonderful story doccat5 0 Apr 3, 2008 8:50 PM
I'll remember this! karri_sue 0 Apr 4, 2008 3:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America