Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Snakes in the Garden- the Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Timely article

Communities > Forums > Article: Snakes in the Garden- the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
bookmark
Forum: Article: Snakes in the Garden- the Good, the Bad and the UglyReplies: 0, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2011
5:21 AM

Post #8583820

I thought this visitor to my yard the day before yesterday was a Black Rat Snake. Your article seems to confirm that. I told him (or her) that I would take his picture if he would pose for the camera and just keep right on going. I did and he did. Now if he just didn't slither up into one of the trees!

Our three venomous snakes around here are Rattler, Copperhead, and Water Moccasin ... so once I saw that he was none of those, I breathed a big sigh of relief. Still, I didn't know they were such biters. After reading your article, I'm glad nobody tried to catch him. He had to easily be 6 ft. long or more.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Snakes in the Garden- the Good, the Bad and the Ugly Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
good info. oriole 0 May 24, 2011 6:11 AM
coral snake irisMA 3 May 31, 2011 9:30 AM
scared LouC 13 Jun 1, 2011 3:38 PM
Great article, some suggestions... nmcnear 7 May 31, 2011 2:37 PM
Ode to Thamnophis wannadanc 1 May 30, 2011 7:20 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America