-
AuthorContent
DHaley5166
Aiken, SC
(Zone 8a)

May 24, 2011
10:39 AM

Post #8584445

Please bare with me on Ponds for I am am a Newie. My mother had one for years but I only help feed the fish an occasionally clean filters or divide plants.

Can anyone recommend a design software to help me build my pond?
I posted in an earlier thread I have inherited my mothers Pond Pump/Filter/Skimmer. It took two hours to get all the equipment removed from her pond last night. She had foamed in her waterfall.

I decided to take some really good advise and build into my natural slope.
SongsofJoy
New Hampshire, NH
(Zone 5b)

May 24, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8585233

I don't know the answer to the software question but I wanted to suggest what worked for me. I know everyone learns differently, but for me it was the winter I spent devouring everything I could on ponds that really helped me design and build my pond. I rushed into building it on my first attempt and then tore it all up one year later. The results of my second attempt were much better because I could finally envision exactly what I wanted and I had read so much material on what to do and not to do that I was able to avoid making any big mistakes.
cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

May 31, 2011
12:39 PM

Post #8599563

Don't forget the salt.
BeaHive
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2011
2:49 PM

Post #8599749

Go for an eco-system pond and you don't need salt. Never have used it in mine and my Koi and frogs are very healthy.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Click the image for an enlarged view.

SongsofJoy
New Hampshire, NH
(Zone 5b)

May 31, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8599933

I've never used salt either. Actually, I don't put anything in the water. Don't even test it. I find the less I mess with it, the better. I don't have any expensive fish though. Maybe I'd be a little more vigilant if I did. However I've never lost anything due to water conditions. Heron, yes.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America