Any Good Koi Pond Design Software

Aiken, SC(Zone 8a)

Please bare with me on Ponds for I am am a Newie. My mother had one for years but I only help feed the fish an occasionally clean filters or divide plants.

Can anyone recommend a design software to help me build my pond?
I posted in an earlier thread I have inherited my mothers Pond Pump/Filter/Skimmer. It took two hours to get all the equipment removed from her pond last night. She had foamed in her waterfall.

I decided to take some really good advise and build into my natural slope.

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

I don't know the answer to the software question but I wanted to suggest what worked for me. I know everyone learns differently, but for me it was the winter I spent devouring everything I could on ponds that really helped me design and build my pond. I rushed into building it on my first attempt and then tore it all up one year later. The results of my second attempt were much better because I could finally envision exactly what I wanted and I had read so much material on what to do and not to do that I was able to avoid making any big mistakes.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Don't forget the salt.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Go for an eco-system pond and you don't need salt. Never have used it in mine and my Koi and frogs are very healthy.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

I've never used salt either. Actually, I don't put anything in the water. Don't even test it. I find the less I mess with it, the better. I don't have any expensive fish though. Maybe I'd be a little more vigilant if I did. However I've never lost anything due to water conditions. Heron, yes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.