Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

**Red, White and Blue 2011** Patriotic Showcase!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1179247/
This swap is themed on the colours, red, white and blue. You can send anything that has these three colours whether they be plants or ornaments.
Or you may send 3 items with each having a single colour, but your 3 items must bear all the colours of our flag!
For example, a red plate, a blue glass and a white brugmansia.

$20 limit.
Mail out date will be 15 June.

1- Lizrainey
2- Betty
3- Marion
4- Judy
5- Linda
6- Jaye ^_^
7- Robynznest
8- deejay9
9- barefootT
10- Samigal
11- ridesredmule
12- jsxtiger
13- froggies_girl
14- dahtzu ^_^
15- muttlover
16- FruitOfTheVine
17- janaestone
18- Crit
19-Happgarden
20. Synda
21. Purpbuttfly (Cindy)
22. Jordankittyjo (Kathy)

This message was edited Jun 1, 2011 5:23 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Doing the ‘fist pump” here!!! Thank you, thank you Jeanie!! (Muttlover)
I can’t believe I’m the first to get my goodies!!!
I decided to work a little bit outside, in the heat… and there’s the UPS man in my driveway.
Miracle of miracles, normally the UPS man will just throw their deliveries over the fence at the shop. God intervenes for anything patriotic!

Okay.. okay..contain your excitement!! Start drooling as I write these words!

My buddy is Jeanie aka Muttlover. She has pored over the choices of what to get me, and I can proudly say, she did well!!! Not one item, yep, multiple, has been in my possession before.
I just got to “categorize” them, being we’re on the subject of efficiency :D

First pic…
Ready for the 4th of July picnic for sure. The Grandaddy of all USA celebrations!
There’s the brand new tablecloth that will grace my picnic table. Wow..not one but THREE packs of paperplates.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

She made sure I won’t resort to eating with my barehands. After all, I’m a Southern Belle now ~~ via Cajun country via South East Asia!
Red, white and blue cutlery!!
And us Southern Belles don’t wipe our mouth with our sleeves nor do we swipe our hands off our jeans. We use napkins!! Yes m’am.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Then there are the goodies to be served. Blue corn tortilla chips. Red chilli peppers… and a jar of white cheese.
Errr.. I have to hide that cheese from Kelvin. He becomes the Windtalker when he has cheese :D
None of the brands are sold here, Jeanie.
Thoughtful Jeanie of course included 2 packs of mints.
I wouldn't have to use any antacids in case Kel burns the bbq!!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

She even include patriotic goodies for the garden. A very very cute flower basket.
A packet Forget Me Not and wonderful Zinnias seeds. You must have snooped and found out that Kel loves Zinnias. I haven’t grown any zinnias for the past two years and there are no Forget Me Nots in our yard, ever!
Plus a beautiful lantern to light my way!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oops the picture!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I was thinking of joining the mug swap, as I truly need a NEW mug. But then I was telling Synda the cost of postage is so high.. so I got to be careful on the swaps I chose to join.

There you are Jeanie… you made my heart dropped with the beautiful mug. Thank you, sistah.
Such a unique salt and pepper shaker.. all white. I don’t have any!! Southern Belle should have one right? No more straight from the boxes or jars!!!
AND no more leaving bags of snacks opened. Thanks for the clips!! One year, Dimmer had given me giant clips, and I use them to hold fabric!!! These are perfect!!
I love the simplicity of the kitchen towel. Just the red, white and blue stripe to adorn it.
Thank you Jeanie. You have officially become a swap sistah!!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

WOW! Look at all those goodies for our southern Belle. Very nice Jeanie, It looks like you have made Jaye a very happy southern Belle! ^_^

Marysville, OH(Zone 5b)

Glad you like it. I was having so much fun planning a red/white/blue picnic for you. Did the chips make it ok? I kind of thought they might end up blue chip crumbs when I smashed down the box lid to get it closed. Cajun, huh? Gosh I could have gotten the HOT peppers.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lolol on that Southern Belle, LK. Said with a southern twang of course.
Jeanie, you packed well. The chips are not crushed at all. The bag retains it's shape with all the extra air in it.
Thank you soooooo much, I've already made use of the cup.

Yayyy.. you beat Liz and Betty!!!

ETA:
But pretty sure, they won't let you do it again next year!!

This message was edited May 25, 2011 11:19 PM

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Hello Ladies,
Have any of you seen the new large flat rat box for $14.95? Man you can put a lot of stuff in it. It's long so it would hold yard stakes, hmmmmm must go back and get those i saw for my buddy ^_^

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

That's cool..... I haven't seen those!

Thanks for the heads up. I have not seen them either.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Have to check with the PO Cindy. My P.O don't carry the latest stuff, I normally have to order online for special boxes.

Jeanie, I couldn't wait for 4th of July!! The blue corn chips are delicious and especially the white cheese dip!!! It has a nice spicy, tangy flavor and Red Cactus is not sold in NC!!! Bummer, but they do offer it online.
Well, I did offer some to Kel and he loves it. Tonight, he'll be sleeping in the guest room!!

Marysville, OH(Zone 5b)

I think Red Cactus is so authentically Mexican that it seems to be made here in Quincy IL. Seriously though, I like the stuff and I'm glad you do too.

Glenview, IL

Hi!! LOL, i have found you.
LOL, crusin through the threads...before I pack,

Wow, Sistah, you sure sure scored. Cool RWB items!!
Where's the picnic??

You did a great job Muttlover...love the mug too!

hahah, Cindy, wish i would have known about the box...too late, I have a box, lol but I'll remember for next time.

Hmmm, my box is filling up, not ready just yet though...i figure, i am sure to find something very cool in Boston or NH!!

Have a great day all, will be watching.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I Have chatted with my partner & plans change so if weather permits this weekend I hope to be finding my RED WHITE & BLUE For my patriot Friend :) & SHipping on MONDAY My plans but we have 40%to 60% chance of rain for the next 4-6 days looks like .

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I got started on my RW&B pressies, so at least got motivated in shopping.

Nice "stuff" Jaye, I'd come to your picnic, but a little out of the way. My package from Betty hasn't arrived yet. LOL I figured if it had hit so many cities it must be on its way here, just kidding of course.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Waving to everyone & checking in the new room.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Beautiful box of R/W/B Jaye...mine should be there within the next few days unless of course postal worker wants to decorate their home!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Me, me, me. I'm here, up and ready for a good time again. I have been so depressed without my DG friends. Storms, flooding and tornadoes have caused a lot of problems around MO. Phone guys kept putting my hook up dates off so they could fix all the other problems in the area and lots of them went to Joplin to help out down there after that bad tornado, now I heard there was another one up in Sedalia but not as bad.

After this weekend it is out to the stores to look for more RWB stuff. I don't go out on Memorial weekend to the stores, tooooooo many tourists on the road and they are crazy.

hayward, CA

Lol jaye your going to get a spanking! ok mine went out this morning my buddy should get it on june 2nd yaaaay, wow jaye you got a terrific package there is the party at judyS house lol sorry if i mis typed its hard to see this from my cell phone

Glad to see you back Robyn

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Liz.. me?? A spanking? That won't hurt, I'm pretty well padded!

Betty that postal worker will be bragging of his haul! Watch other postal workers looking for boxes coming from Victoria Harbour, Ontario, Canada!

Welcome back Robin! Glad you're not affected by those tornados.
Think the whole country has been sending prayers for no more natural disasters.
The year is not over and there are already too many casualties.

hayward, CA

lol

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wave your flag, proud and high, ladies.
Have a fun Memorial weekend!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

My flafgs are never down. Long may they wave!!! Happy Memorial day and we love our Troops. God Bless us all!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Double AMEN! Thank you to all that have served. Thank you to my family, we are proud to say a member of our family has served in the military in every war since the revolutionary. Thank you to those that gave their lives and to those that lived and thank you to my husband as well for serving 50 years ago.

Thanks to my dad-army, brother-army, brother-navy, stepson-marines. Very proud of my family of military personel!!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

I have a nephew in the Canadian army and am proud of him as well..

It's individuals such as your family members that keep us safe..I've a great respect for those who put their lives on the line ..

Was funny, has visitors yesterday and we sat on the back deck, of course a corner is decorated in R/W/B..asked why American and not Canadian, couldn't answer the Canadian so must go find a flag to honor the Canadians who fight to keep me safe!

Hmm, would have thought my box would have arrived..with it being a holiday today I would imagine no mail going being delivered!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

No mail down in the states today Betty and I would like to honor all the Canadian military for their support and alliance with us. Thank you all.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Make it a triple AMEN!!
We must not forget one of our closest ally, Canada that always run to our rescue when the govt. asks for help.

Betty, you can take some naps today. No postal run. Tomorrow you can start getting anxious!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

I deserve some naps...my B&B has 3 men in their 40's staying for a week..so worked in gardens, got all the lawn furniture sets washed..enought seating for over 30, maybe they can play musical chairs..lol..cleaned the entire house, top to bottom so I'm ever so pleased to be at work resting..

Bit different having 3 mean for breakfast...kind of fun, my boys are same age..these guys were fighter pilots and one now is Captain for WestJet and the other brother Captain for Air Canada...the other owns a gas/grocery store in Calgary.

They came late, stayed up most of the night..no cooking for them, just providing b.b.q. who knows, they might cook for me...now that would be a treat..

Besides, thinking of all the plant hangers and plants I can buy with my $$$$...lol

Woooohoooo. You go girl!!!!!!!!!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is my baby bother and family (in the hummer) .....Iraq Veteran, at our house after the parade ~

Thumbnail by synda

I salute all service members!

Glad he came home safe and sound.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Synda, great photo..hope you enjoyed your time with him!

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm Home! My trip was fast and furious, but worth every minute! I will get all caught up later!
Managing to get some RWB things for my buddy. Hope to mail by the end of the week! Still working on the "special hand-made item."
Colt and Liam will be arriving home tonight. We had quite a scare last week and I'll tell about that later.
I'm attending a workshop today to replant Deer Island. Tomorrow we will plant 2500 dunes. So, I gotta go.
love to all, julie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.