Visting Palm Beach, FL

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

My DH will be attending a conference in Palm Beach in June and I get to visit after his meetings. I'm excited; haven't been that way. Been to Disney, Jacksonville, and Daytona Beach years ago. I would like to visit the Keys, and Miami. Any recommendation for restaurants, attractions, etc. ?

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

You would be close to Mounts Botanical Gardens in West Palm Beach. And of course, there is always Butterfly World, and Fairchild Gardens in Miami on your way to the Keys.

I hope you have a great stay in South Florida.
Sylvain.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Sylvain,

If I can get DH to go to Mounts would be great. I'm going have to do some convincing....

What's in Delray Beach that we can visit? Any suggestions for eateries?

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Delray Beach is a delightful little town South of West Palm Beach, about 15 to 20 miles away.

Delray Beach boast 2 very interesting gardening destinations. The American Orchid Society and Morikami Japanese gardens are located here, both on Morikami road. Both are well worth visiting. I usually bring our visitors to the AOS in the morning and then we cross the road to Morikami Garden. We have lunch in their great japanese restaurant and tour the wonderful gardens. Before you know it, the day is over and we have spent a great day. Bring a camera!

From West Palm Beach, I would advise driving along the seashore on highway A1A and you'll see little towns like Lake Worth, Lantana, Boynton Beach and Delray Beach. "Downtown" Delray Beach is located on Atlantic Avenue, directly off A1A. There, you'll see all the little boutiques and quite a few good restaurants. We have great beaches. Bring sunscreen and beachwear.

A fine place to eat is: The Old Calypso, located directed on the waterfront, off the Intracoastal (http://www.oldcalypso.com).

Another fun place to eat is Doc's. The area's finest hamburgers and fries, located at the corner of Atlantic and Swinton, directly across the park.

But, if you see a restaurant that appeals to you, just walk right in. I have never been disappointed here. For some reason, sub-par restaurants don't remain open very long here because we are a small town and word gets around quickly that the new place is not so great.

Have a pleasant stay.
Sylvain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.