-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8595233

Rule number one is HAVE FUN! If you can't bring a sense of humor or a smile to the party don't come.

Rule number two is about the "gifting" of birthday goodies. New plan that I hope will solve the problems of most of the people with financial issues. All goodies must fall into one of these 3 categories:

1. A handmade or crafted something that you do. Most everyone I know on DG sews, paints, crafts or does some sort of hobby that they could share in some small way with the birthday people. If it is only a handmade card that you can send for $.44 that is terrific.

2. Second category would be plants. Hey we are a gardening forum after all. A lot of folks have extras or starts or cuttings. Send what you can afford to ship.

3. Gift cards for plants, or gardening related items or anything else that people have mentioned in their wishlists. I am not going to set an amount. Make it whatever your budget allows. Once again it is about the thought and the effort. Anyone that does crafts would love a card to Micheals or JoAnns etc. I know I would. Keep in mind a lot of gift cards can be done online eliminating the postage issue all together.

Now that we have the ground rules set I encourage everyone to go to the New Likes and Dislikes link and adjust their posts accordingly. List your plant wants. List the places you like to shop or would like a gift card from.

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8142063
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8057458
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7958412
Janaestone - (Dianae) April 12 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886210
momoftwo607 (Erin) May 6 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7885884
Crit (Patti) May 10 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8217784
LoveForests June 8 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8448650
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8039522
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7896427
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886786
GardenQuail (Michelle) October 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8242576
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8005430

New Likes/ Wants Thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107561/

This message was edited Jun 7, 2011 3:30 PM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2011
4:51 PM

Post #8595238

OK now we should be good to go for a couple of weeks. Donna when you get a chance, stop by and check in and also do the Likes and Dislikes.

Thanks,
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8595263

I made it...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 29, 2011
5:29 PM

Post #8595341

Me too!

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 29, 2011
8:20 PM

Post #8595679

LoL! Love that shot! Your mules are the cutest.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2011
8:34 PM

Post #8595696

Who couldn't resist a face like that?

Welcome, Donna!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2011
6:31 AM

Post #8596321

camera shy??????

Thumbnail by Crit

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2011
6:58 AM

Post #8596405

Thanks Char. I needed that sweet little face this morning!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2011
8:18 AM

Post #8596622

((((((Neener)))) I have been in that same spot and understand .. my thoughts and prayers are with you right now and will continue to be :(

Welcome Donna- our official Valentine's baby :)

Ladies, I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful trip I just came back from!! I got to meet our most wonderful Neener, plus Elfie, Dahtzu, AmandaEsq, Fruity, and Darius.. plus even more! It was so cool to be able to put a real person with my online friends..and hope someday to meet even more of you! I'm at my DD's house right now, but once I'm at home I'll upload my pics and show you our group picture with all of us in it :)

Have a great day, everybody
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2011
8:42 AM

Post #8596683

Waiting...can't wait to see it !

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 30, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8597599

Neener, We all love you, so please try to take care of yourself too.
Durn, are we jealous but glad you enjoyed your trip.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2011
6:47 PM

Post #8598010

Ok, here's one of the whole group.. starting from the left- Faye (Dahtzu) and DH Ray- with Neener (Rvnsbrk) peeking between them lol- then Jo (Roadrunner), Kris (Mud_Elf) with DH Ralph standing behind her, Darius (holding the cup), me behind her, Dyson and his DW (Sue), Fruity behind them (beside me), then Amanda (AmandaEsq). The kids in front are (on the left) Raven and Gatlin (my grandkids) and Gryphon and Goober (Elf's grandkids)

I just realized that two are missing..her DG name is 3Grandkids and her DH.. they must have left before we got the pic.. well, dang! They were so nice..brought lots of plants for everyone and were so fun to talk with :)

We had such a great time meeting all these great people.. can't wait to see them again :)

edited to fix my forgetfulness lol

This message was edited May 30, 2011 7:52 PM

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 30, 2011
9:11 PM

Post #8598396

Chris, Wow, what a great shot of great looking people and kids. Awesome you all got to get together.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2011
4:21 AM

Post #8598622

Terrific pic!!!! Thanks for sharing. Now we too can put a face with a name. i don't believe I know Darius, Dyson or Jo
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 31, 2011
6:11 AM

Post #8598765

Love the pics, Chris - it looks like you guys had a lot of fun and you're all so lucky getting to meet everyone like that! I went to my RU on Saturday and had a great time as well. It's so much fun to get together with DG friends and talk plants, life in general, and more plants.

LOL Char - love those pics of your mules.

Welcome, Donna..to a group of very friendly, chatty gals.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 31, 2011
7:47 AM

Post #8598974

Great picture of a great group.
thank you, they love getting pictures taken, I give them treats for them to pose...

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2011
10:02 AM

Post #8599304

OK girls, just flying by. Had a note from Donna and she didn't realize that she couldn't access things without being a member and isn't planning on joining, so I have taken her off the list.

I have asked Fruity to keep watch here for me for a few days. This is a bad situation here and I need to focus on getting the ducks in a row.

Thanks all and I'll try to check in when I get back home.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 31, 2011
2:07 PM

Post #8599691

{{Neener}} Thinking of you and sending T&P's for you and your family.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 31, 2011
4:00 PM

Post #8599872

(((Neener))) me too!!!♥♥
Prayers girl, ONE DAY at a TIME! ♥
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 31, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8600034

Patti, your Mule or Donkey is a cute furry one, lol. Are those both your horses in the background? Looks like you have beautiful land there too.

Char, that is a very beautiful Daylily! I planted 5 bulbs, two are doing very well so far (but are very short yet), two got attacked by a rabbit and the last one just did'nt feel like growing, lol. Guess I'll enjoy the two that are doing well, can't wait to see what color they will be.

Hugs to you Neener!!!

This message was edited May 31, 2011 7:23 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2011
5:37 PM

Post #8600063

What a pretty Lily, Char, and such an unusual color.

Your note today, Neener, about your Dad doesn't sound promising. Just know we all love you and are here for you.

Patti, one of these days we're all gonna meet! roadrunner / Jo started DG Round-Ups, 9 years ago now? She originally posted a note asking if anyone wanted to get together for a picnic in TN. The rest is history and thanks to her so many of us have been able to meet face-to-face. Darius is a long-time member and another great friend. You've no doubt read her many articles. Dyson lives near-by but only get to see him and his wife at our RU's.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 31, 2011
5:45 PM

Post #8600080

It green from a seed so I don't know if it had a name. Can't even remember who sent the seed.
RU's are great! I went to Ga. one last year. It is great meeting everyone.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2011
6:37 PM

Post #8600213

You grew your Lily from a seed? How long did it take for it to bloom? I'm experimenting growing a few from leaves and bulbs that were cut-up when I went to divide them last year.

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 31, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8600224

You can grow new ones from seed and leaves?? Please tell me how that's done (when you have time to do so), I so want more Daylilies :]

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8600316

Daylilies and Lilies are two entirely different families of plants, Christina. Daylilies are grown from tubers and Lilies are grown from bulbs. Both can be divided when the clump is large enough. What kind are you growing? Do you have a pic?

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 31, 2011
7:24 PM

Post #8600330

Mine look just like Charlene's. They are growing from skinny stalks with short leaves growing along the whole stalks, ( I recieved 2 inch bulbs in the mail). They are not the ones with the flowing grass-like leaves.
I can take pics tomorrow evening.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2011
7:56 PM

Post #8600413

You described Lily perfectly since yours doesn't have strapping foliage like a Daylily does. Here's one of my Lilies that just opened today.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 31, 2011
8:10 PM

Post #8600450

Wow, your Lilies look so healthy. I'm going through a hard time here with flowers right now (high humidity and occasional rains at night, causing 'Blight' with the flowers). I stopped watering at night, but then we started getting a short light rain at night also (so not helping the Blight situation), even though my Mums have improved after spraying them with a Fungicide, etc.

Oh and Patti, awesome that your pool was at 75 degrees!, you should get in there and start enjoying yourself.
I don't own a pool, (I rent a house without a pool), but a new friend/acquaintance from the "Moose Club" asked me over to their house and that is the pool I jumped into. Otherwise, I never get to go into a pool more than twice a year. The 'Moose' is a place where Veterans and relatives/family of Veterans go to hangout.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2011
8:11 PM

Post #8600454

You can propagate a Lily by taking a scale off the bulb and plant it in good potting soil. A scale will produce leaves fairly quickly. The ones I took are still in experimental mode and are doing well. I don't know how long it will take for them to mature & bloom but am guessing it'll be a couple of years.
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 31, 2011
8:23 PM

Post #8600472

"Thank you" so much Susan, I appreciate that info more than you know :]

--Christina.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2011
8:54 PM

Post #8600527

I garden by the old adage "you have nothing to lose by trying." You're so welcome and am looking forward to seeing your pic, too.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 1, 2011
1:08 AM

Post #8600685

Hi, all.
Finally have a chance to write a quick note. Got busy around here...
I think you can grow daylilies from seeds, too. But I've never tried it myself. And I haven't read about how to do it. But I've read about people pollinating the flowers, so one ought to be able to get seeds from them. Of course, it sounds like Christina has lilies, not daylilies. But thought I'd mention this in case anyone else finds it useful :)
Take care, Neener. Will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Fruity, I finally got my Bluestone Perennials order placed! And, while I was at it, I got a couple of other plants, too :) Couldn't decide which 3 of the 5 to get, and neither could my husband, so he said I could get them all :D I've ordered the following:
Brunnera macrophylla Looking Glass (1)
Dianthus Raspberry Surprise (3-pack)
Fern Fortune's Cold Hardy Holly Fern aka Cyrtomium Fortunei (1)
Heuchera x villosa Tiramisu (1)
Viola Heartthrob (1)
Had fun deciding what I wanted to get. Needed to get some things that I could rotate between the yard and porch. The porch doesn't get any sun, so figured the fern ought to do nicely there, and the other shade-loving plants can rotate along with a couple of other heuchera that I have so none of them have to stay in the full shade all the time. Was finding that plants weren't very happy always being on the porch, so decided to give this a try. Just hadn't gotten the plants yet! Oh, and the dianthus? Not exactly sure where they're going, but really wanted them. They sound wonderful, and I'll love their fragrance! :)
Well, better go for now. More later... Take care all!
Michelle
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 1, 2011
1:37 AM

Post #8600694

Ok, I meant Lily, 'not' daylily, lol, (I always was a moron). Thought I read somewhere that I had daylilies, I was wrong, hehee.

Michelle, sounds like your property should be filled with lots of perty plants and should be so pretty by now. I can only imagine the beautiful variety of things you must have now and all the amazing scents they have :]

Well, I'd better get going, I'm typing too much again. Talk to y'all again soon.

Night night, or good morning.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2011
5:24 AM

Post #8600888

Di - fashion fandangle bloomed over the weekend. Got lost behind on the thread but thats just as well. Our cat has been aweful sick since friday. I've been tending to him and trying to keep him alive. I am thinking that he has roundworms and hookworms. It was coming out both ends and hes a little dehydrated. He ate a little wet food today for the first time since friday. I'm sure he would have eaten the whole can if he could have but only gave him a spoonful for now.

Iris 'Fashion Fandangle'

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2011
5:27 AM

Post #8600895

Here's a picutre of our Kiku kitty. He's like my little pup. He follows us every where

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 1, 2011
9:11 AM

Post #8601363

Both kitties are beautful. Both look very happy and so cute.
Christinia with all the flowers we grow it is really easy to get the names messed up.
I love them all, so sometimes I get them mixed up too!!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 1, 2011
1:29 PM

Post #8601921

Nice choices, Michelle. Really hope they do well for you and if they don't Bluestone guarantees their plants for a year and will replace dead ones free of charge including shipping. They are awesome people to work with. I didn't have a gift certificate and ordered a few things from their Specials page this morning.

Di, I keep forgetting to tell you I ordered Purple Majesty Caladiums from Bill. Love the Purple with Pink spots and is a new exclusive...ooh laa laa

Hey folks, Don't forget our June Bug, Christina's B-Day is a week from today. Whatcha got planned, Christina? Anything special?
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 1, 2011
10:10 PM

Post #8603164

Hi, all.
Speaking of lilies and mixing up names, who's idea was it to name one kind of flower a "canna lily" and another a "calla lily"? Now, talk about being confused... My husband routinely mixes these two up! Last year, I just had canna lilies growing. But then I gave away most of my cannas to make room for other flowers. My mom has always said she likes calla lilies, so I decided to try growing some this year. And since I decided to keep one very small canna lily rhizome to grow because I discovered we didn't have any pictures of the canna lily flowers, I'm now going to be growing both! LOL
As far as my other flowers and plants, I've started transitioning toward more fragrant plants and flowers, though not all of mine are fragrant. Some I've chosen, not for their fragrance, but for their interestingly shaped or textured foliage and/or flowers, and others (like the shade-loving plants I ordered from Bluestone) because the colors in the plants sounded fun and interesting. Even though I can't see the colors, they just sounded like they'd be really neat, and I know others, including my husband, will enjoy them. Of course, then there are various plants/flowers that were here when we first came. Some I like, like the rose bush, and some that I'm keeping for now but will likely replace at some point. Gardening around here is more a work in progress :)
Many things that I'm growing I started adding to my plant collection this last fall. My husband has really been enjoying watching all my flowers grow. Today, he noticed that some of the buds on my dahlias are just starting to show a little color peeking out! One has some purple, and the other two have some red. Just got these earlier this spring, so I'm eager to find out what colors they are. This seems to be the year for new plants!
Fruity, isn't that a nice clearance sale that Bluestone Perennials is having? According to the website, it continues for just a few more days, so if you haven't checked it out yet, be sure to visit soon! Everything is at a discount, though some more than others! Thanks for the early b-day gift certificate! My plants ship some time next week
:) Which plants did you order, Fruity?
Oh, Erin, I do hope your kitty feels better soon!
Well, better go for now. Take care all!
Michelle
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 2, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8605006

I'm on a search for Canna Lilies that are hardy in Zone 7a, other than Indica and Richard Wallace. They are in the back two rows in the garden at the side of our garage that gets full sun, and they come back faithfully with a light cover of mulch. The heat absolutely radiates there. It would be so nice to find more varieties to have in the front three rows that are shorter in concession and don't require digging in the Fall. Do any of you have suggestions? I really would appreciate them.

My small side garden only gets morning sun and is where I'm growing Columbines, Speedwells, No ID hostas, and a few Mums. I was short on Asters, so I ordered a couple of those. For my Sunny Garden, I picked up Agastache "Cana", a Campanula I didn't have, and Eryngium "Blue Hobbit" that I've wanted for a really long time. Also added two plants I'd never heard of that sounded interesting. Adenophora "Amethyst" for my shady garden, the description says it's similar to Campanula and is mildly fragrant, and Anacyclus pyrethrum "Garden Gnome" for my full sun garden as a border plant.

Pic is mixed Canterberry Bells I winter sowed from seeds two years ago. Most are purple but was surprised to see the white ones and a few stalks had double purple blooms. I pruned it today, not sure if it will put on another flush or not, but it sure was pretty in full bloom on Monday.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 2, 2011
6:28 PM

Post #8605013

ooo, very nice , Fruity...purple is my favorite color.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 2, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8605055

I picked up 'garden gnome' too fruity! I used it to cover in front of my clematis. It looks like its doing pretty good.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 2, 2011
6:52 PM

Post #8605081

That's cool about the pool. DH get in tonight but I was just too tired. It is up to 8o*. I may start getting in after I get home from work in the evenings. I need to blow up my raft ... I like to float and get in every once in a while.

Trying really hard to keep my fingers from typing in Bluestone's websight. I really DON'T need to be buying any more plants!
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 2, 2011
6:55 PM

Post #8605089

Evening y'all. Yep, I'm a night owl during the summer.
Did'nt get pic of my Lilies yet. They are still so puny I was embarrassed to take a photo, hehee. That dang rabbit was out in my front yard all night lastnight. She did'nt eat any flowers this time though. I'm going to have to look around to see if she has a hole/nest in the ground in my grass (if so, I'll give her some slack and let her be).
My two Hostas are actually growing well this year (watering them lightly everyday or every other day, (I have them tucked behind rose bushes, next to my house). The flowers I ordered from Bluestone using the certificate I got from Fruit should be arriving by this Saturday

Fruity, I'll be heading over to a very large ranch & wildlife reserve where they give you an hour-long swamp-buggy ride through the acres of trees, marsh and land. Hope I'll get some photos of birds, streams, trees and other wildlife (maybe some gators). As long as the temperature does'nt go above 96 and the humidity does'nt go to 100% I'll be fine, lol.

Ooooo, those Canterberry Bells are beeautiful!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 2, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8605098

Love the cb's! I have some growing from my ws'ing. Said they were mixed ... pink, white and purple. Do they need sun or shade?

ditto what GAgirl said. :-)
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 2, 2011
10:19 PM

Post #8605475

Crit, blow up that dang raft Woman! and float in that pool :]
Very sorry you are feeling so tired in the evenings, hope things ease up for you soon.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 2, 2011
11:56 PM

Post #8605503

Hi, all.
Oh, Christina, that buggy ride sounds fun! Hope you get some neat pics :)
Fruity, all those plants sound lovely :) I wish I knew of some cannas to recommend for your collection. I don't know what kind I have, but when they were given to me, I was told they can grow quite tall. But I have mine planted in a container, so I think that limits their height. Hey, there's a canna forum here on DG. Perhaps someone there could give you some good suggestions.
Well, you all have a great weekend!
Michelle
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 3, 2011
12:17 AM

Post #8605507

I hope so too Michelle. I never been on a 'Swamp Buggy" ride before, lol. But I sure do love going through trails and forests. Hope I'll get some pics so I can post a couple here. I can't afford to travel to far places or to parks far from me anymore, so I hope this trip to this Wildlife Reserve turns out good :]

I love ferns too, Michelle. If I can ever get any of my young trees to grow tall and wide, I could probably grow some ferns under them. Ferns are so graceful & elegant looking, ... love photographing them.

Dang!, my 'water-system' is going through it's recycling-thing now, it's so noisy!! Oh well, lol.

Night everyone.

This message was edited Jun 3, 2011 2:19 AM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8605765

I would love to go on one of those Airboats thru the swamp. Oh, Well. I can dream. Hope you have lots of fun Christina
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2011
11:03 AM

Post #8606244

Hello All!!

Well I think I am on the road back to the living finally. This has been a week I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Today I am seeing a faint glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel and I'm just hoping that it isn't the train getting ready to run me over again.

Daddy is settling in a little more now and starting to realize that maybe it is for the best that he's in the Hospice facility.

Get those Birthday wishes in the wind for Christina now. Although I may be a little late. Have the card ready, but no gift yet.

Fruit Loop i can't thank you enough for standing in for me everywhere this past week. I just didn't have the heart or the wherewithal to be social. Love those CB's. WOWSER you do good from seed girl!

These are one of my pots of lilies this morning.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2011
11:54 AM

Post #8606321

Is it o.k. to send card first then package??? I would love to do that...
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 3, 2011
12:48 PM

Post #8606446

Glad to hear things are easing up some, Neener, and that Dad is starting to settle in a bit.

Christina - I've always wanted to take one of those Swamp Buggy rides. You'll have to tell us about it and we'll all live vicariously through you. I don't think I'll ever get to take one though - DH probably wouldn't go - her hates snakes, going near snakes, anything to do with snakes - he should've married Fruity :) Hope you get loads of great pictures.

Fruity, love those CB's -mine from last year didn't come back. Let me know if you hear anything about cannas for your zone. Richard Wallace doesn't last here even though they said it should. More fall work lifting them but so worth it - I just love cannas.

I picked up 'Garden Gnome' from Bluestone this spring and it's going gangbusters for me. It's already blooming and is growing great - you'll love it. The 'Blue Hobbit' eryngium is a gorgeous color of soft bluish gray, it'll look so pretty with your other plants.

Michelle - I never thought about growing cannas in containers - that's a great idea!

Erin - don't you love that soft peach of FF? I just traded some iris for two more different peaches - I'll have to get some to you. I'm still trying to find a true bright orange but it looks to be a no-go so far. Love that pic of your little one with the cat - adorable!

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 3, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8606556

Di - I have found a couple on ebay. I'll have to look again. I would love an orange iris. I love the bright yellow too. beautiful. Don't have one of them either. I did see a patch at someones house a couple towns over. Thought about stopping. lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8606724

Glad to help out, Neener. I know you'd do it for me in a heartbeat too.

We used to go to FL on vacation when I was a kid and did take one of those airboat rides one year through the Everglades. It rated right up there with Disney World and the ride in a clear glass bottom boat. Hope you get some fabulous shots, Christina.

Patti, have you cashed in the Bluestone GC I sent you yet? Can't remember.

Last year I grew Cannas Bengal Tiger and Orange Punch in pots and brought them in the garage thinking they'd make it over the Winter...no such luck.

Check out my early B-Day present from Faye. The light is awful and hope you can see he's an adorable Frog with a Lilypad birdbath / feeder, and the ribbon says 'Happy Birthday 2012'. He's probably going to be a birdbath since one of my cats brought a dead trophy Yellow Finch today, really made me angry and sad. Froggies home, Faye, is in an area of my long garden where Daylilies you gave me are growing :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2011
4:39 PM

Post #8606809

Beautiful. Love the frog. He'd have to take his scarf off, he'd smother here today. got to 100 at my house.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2011
6:13 PM

Post #8607004

My brother in law was a game warden in Florida. He had his own personal airboat, and we would go out on it all the time! The 2 seaters can get to going really fast, and he said it is near impossible to turn one over, so we would make donuts and dido's and just have a GREAT TIME!!!!

Yes Fruity, I got my Bluestem stuff probably a month ago. It is all growing happily!

I grow canna's in my 1/2 whiskey barrels near the pool. They have plenty of room in there and get nice and all. Sadly, the ones I bought last year did not survive in the garage. However, I have some that I started from seed and also about 3 that were sent to me.

My dear little VFT that got bombed by the hail has put up 2 new arms. It's trying to live!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2011
6:15 PM

Post #8607006

Oh, I forgot, I have some pictures
Easter lily, my first bloom hollyhock, my tropical corner, hanging baskets, etc.

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2011
6:19 PM

Post #8607013

Can't rememeber the name on this one, starts with a G

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8607016

Hollyhock

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2011
6:22 PM

Post #8607019

Ivy Geranium

Thumbnail by Crit

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8607022

I can name that plant, Patti! It's a Gaillardia, and it's nickname is Blanket Flower. I only know because I'm growing a couple :)

Got a notice today my order from Bluestone will be shipped next week. You know how I'm always complaining we have too much grass to mow? When hubby and I took our lunch break on the front porch this afternoon, he had just finished mowing our yard again again. Later he bush hogged most of our field --- now I know where the little mice are coming from my cats keep bringing me. Then he tackled the shoulder of the road down to a neighbor's house and a small field that belongs to our next-door neighbor. When he finally sat down late this afternoon he piped up and said, "I think we have too much grass." No kidding, Sherlock. After his workout today, I might just get at least another new garden this year after all ;-)

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2011
6:54 PM

Post #8607079

Yea for you!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 3, 2011
7:13 PM

Post #8607129

Hi, all.
Di, just one warning about planting cannas in pots, though: Be sure to use an inexpensive container. I've read that cannas can crack containers and just keep going! I used to have several in one of my large trough planters, but removed them so I could plant other things there. But I also noticed that they were starting to push on the sides, so it was a good thing I got them out of there. Gave all but one small one away. Kept this one so I can grow it and get some pics of the flowers. Thought we took some, but don't know where they are if we did (sigh). Got a large plastic pot to put it in. It will be interesting to see how much it grows over the summer. Haven't decided if I'll keep any after that. The leaves get so big! The one I have has dark green leaves with a little purple in them. The flowers are orange. But, sadly, they aren't scented, so I might switch to something scented.
Oh, Di, if you're thinking of trying to grow cannas in containers, the other thing you might want to do is to look for some of the smaller varieties. They'd probably be happier in containers :)
Christina, I have your card... Just got to get it mailed! I'll let you know when it's on its way.
Good to hear from you Neener. Hope things continue to improve. Take care, all!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8607775

FruitOfTheVine wrote:I can name that plant, Patti! It's a Gaillardia, and it's nickname is Blanket Flower. I only know because I'm growing a couple :)

Got a notice today my order from Bluestone will be shipped next week. You know how I'm always complaining we have too much grass to mow? When hubby and I took our lunch break on the front porch this afternoon, he had just finished mowing our yard again again. Later he bush hogged most of our field --- now I know where the little mice are coming from my cats keep bringing me. Then he tackled the shoulder of the road down to a neighbor's house and a small field that belongs to our next-door neighbor. When he finally sat down late this afternoon he piped up and said, "I think we have too much grass." No kidding, Sherlock. After his workout today, I might just get at least another new garden this year after all ;-)

Men...they may be slow, but sometimes the light bulb comes on. :0)
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2011
5:16 PM

Post #8609011

Gosh such beautiful flowers I'm drooling,lol.. i love all flowers to..

Christina i have not forgot you will get out few days sorry its late.. i been having tests got 3 dr's appointments this month and some tests.(more) , butno bone cancer thanking God for that degenertive joint diseasre is progressing very well ! !! along with the arthritis's.. an d just waitng now to see. But i will get better.. this print is so small tried to change it i can' barely see it..

Everyone be well safe.. blessings.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2011
10:36 AM

Post #8610595

Hope, if you hold down your CTRL key and hit the + key, it will enlarge the print as large as you want it. (((((HUGS)))))
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2011
1:13 PM

Post #8610896

Phew.. I finally got a chance to make our birthday girl a little something to commemorate her day. Now to find a box that works. Should go out tomorrow.

Don't forget to post pics Christina when you get birthday goodies so we can all take a look.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2011
4:16 PM

Post #8611232

The neighbor hubby went in with last Winter and bought a stand of timber with showed up Friday with a log-splitter. He got it for a song but there was only one caveat...it wasn't running. DH figured out the carburetor had trash in it & got it going after about two hours and three cleanings. Today I did something I've never done, help split wood. Yeah, in our heat pushing 90, but we were working in a shady area next to our White Pines and it really wasn't so bad. I just kept watching for a snake to crawl out of the wood pile. One of our cats brought one in our garage last week, it was alive and she dropped it on Hubby's foot! Talk about doing a dance...LOL! Better him than me :)

Erin, guess what bloomed today? Daylily "Chocolate Splash" you sent me last year. Not sure what happened with the colors in the photo unless bright sunlight washed them out, but the bloom really does look like milk chocolate in person and has a dark chocolate center and a minty green throat. A really unusual combination I thought and certainly don't have another D/L that's even similiar.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8611244

Fruit Loop you should hvae been here earlier tonight. Pye and Pely had a mouse in the yard. They played with it back and forth for 1/2 hour. Pye lost interest and came inside and last I saw Pely she was still chasing it around the yard. I can't wait for them to find a snake. I'm sure that will come in the pet door too.

Funny about the wood splitter. My partner just told me to look for one for him on Craigslist. He finally figured out there wasn't anyway he was going to hand split all the wood that is here from all the trees we had down.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 5, 2011
5:47 PM

Post #8611434

Fruity, does that daylily smell like chocolate, too? Last summer, we had a chocolate cosmos growing in our garden at the Blind Center. The really fun thing was that it even smelled like chocolate!
Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
Michelle
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8611546

Very nice Fruity! I have scapes on alot of my daylilies. I can't wait to see them bloom! I believe that my chocolate splash has a scape. Have to look.

Erin
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2011
7:15 PM

Post #8611671

Hubby probably mowed down the kitties' playground for mice when he cut our field and our next door neighbor's. Funny thing I kept telling our neighbor and DH to watch Craig's List for a log splitter. Our neighbor just happened to see one when he went to get an oil change, and can't blame him for scarfing it up for $100. We got that much out of it today and have a huge pile of split wood to show for it.

We're probably a couple of weeks ahead of you, Erin. It sure is a pretty D/L. I'll have to give it a sniff tomorrow, Michelle, but am pretty sure it doesn't have a scent :( Have you tried growing Lemon Mint? I have one in a hanging basket and the smell is Heavenly. My Russian Sage is blooming too, but whether or not it's blooming, the foliage always smells like Thanksgiving.

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 6, 2011
5:52 PM

Post #8613949

Neener, am so glad things are easing up a bit. I hope you are getting rest.

Di, I will try to get lots of pics of different things when I go, I hope there will be things around to photograph besides mosquitoes, wild boars and a possible downpour. And I hope they don't drive too darn fast, this camera I have is kinda slow, or maybe I'm slow ;]

Crit, I went on one AirBoat ride about 4 years ago. And yep we went fast!! Of course when we stopped an Alligator came swimming up and kept looking at me only, so I got up and crawled over two people to go sit on the other side of the boat. Dang, I was chicken back then.
This time though I will going on a SwampBuggy ride, it's a long truck that sits way up high, with very large knobby tires, no windows but has a roof (it can go through mud, swamps and low water).

Neener, Michelle, and Hope, ...please don't feel rushed about anything. I know y'all are busy Ladies, I will understand and truly is ok :]
I'm just happy to be here with this group. I mean what better gift, I get to come here and you sweet Ladies put up with my dorky & weird blabbering, teehee ;]

Hope, very glad it is not bone cancer, am very happy about that for you. Hopefully you can get the other problems worked-on so you won't be in as much pain one day.

Sorry I went missing for about 3 1/2 days, I kinda got depressed so I just concentrated on chores and projects.

Ok, finally got photos of my two Lilies (only two survived), one 5 inches tall, the other 6 inches tall, and one has tiny buds on it. The bottom photo is of my 3 foot tall yellow Poinciana tree in a container (they abhor cold temps but love hot and humid weather).

Hugs to you all, stay cool out there Ladies!

Thumbnail by LoveForests

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 6, 2011
6:15 PM

Post #8613974

Ilove those little pebbles you have, But the lilies look good and healthy. will get your box packed this week, I'm draggin my wagon...Pretty little tree too.
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 6, 2011
6:25 PM

Post #8613994

Charlene, ... I have tons of those 1 - 2 inch pebbles, (I have about 7 rock-bed sections. Surrounds the whole house). Had to keep the pebbles close to those Lilies so the rabbit would not dig them up (she dug up two of them a week ago). Thank you, the Lilies look good now, hopefully they stay that way. Will see how they do when the downpours start (if they ever start), luckily I have sandy soil.
Oh and forgot, wish you could go on an AirBoat ride too Charlene. If I had the money, I would send it to ya, so you could go on one :]

Fruity, my flowers from Bluestone should get here any day now. When they arrive I'll take pics and upload them here :]
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 6, 2011
11:13 PM

Post #8614518

Ignore this blank edited message :]

This message was edited Jun 7, 2011 1:36 AM
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 7, 2011
2:11 AM

Post #8614632

Hi, all.
Fruity, that Russian sage sounds wonderful. Is it an edible one? I have a Pink Friesland salvia that I got from Easy to Grow Bulbs earlier this spring. I wanted some salvia that would do well in my zone, but also needed to look for something that doesn't want to get too big. It's already been blooming for perhaps a month now. It's scent is a little sharper than I really prefer, not quite the Thanksgiving scent. But the fragrance seems to have mellowed a little since I planted it, so I think I'll have to give it more time before deciding what I really think about it's scent. But my husband says the flowers are really pretty.
Christina, that's neat that the two lilies made it. It will be neat to find out what color their flowers are :) You'll have to let us know when they bloom.
It's supposed to warm up a bit again this week around here... Perhaps we'll have another chance at summer :) Oooooh, perhaps just in time for me to plant my Bluestone Perennials! They're on their way :)
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2011
3:23 AM

Post #8614674

My Bluestone stuff is on the way too this week. Only going to be 100 in the shade here. Oh well.

Christina I wondered where you were. Don't be depressed all alone. Send me a note when you feel that way. Your poinciana tree looks just like a mimosa tree except with the yellow bloom. Did manage to get something out to you yesterday. Hope it is somewhat intact when it gets there. Not my best packing job ever.

Was going to do a truckload of work today, but woke up feeling like the truck already ran over me so I guess I'll go a little easier.

Oh well, think I will go for a little gander about the gardens while it is cool out there.
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 7, 2011
3:44 AM

Post #8614696

Neener, 100 in the shade??! Holey Cow! ... Bring a 'water-gun' with you outdoors so you can spray yourself! LoL.
Yes, my Poinciana Tree looks like Mimosa trees, and they are just as touchy and moody too.
Neener, you take things easy when you can, ... What a great gift nature & gardens are, so go out and calmly enjoy them :]

This message was edited Jun 7, 2011 6:24 AM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 7, 2011
6:29 AM

Post #8614995

Been a very warm spring, actually feels like summer, after such a cold winter. When summer gets here guess we will all be baked. Got to water my plants twice a day. No rain here. but Beautiful and warm.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2011
1:31 PM

Post #8615889

Oh well I finally removed some more people that seem to be MIA.. Can't get any response from Mary or Jen so until I hear otherwise, they are gone.

But we have a birthday tomorrow!!! Yippee!!!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 7, 2011
2:53 PM

Post #8616037

And speaking about Birthdays, Look what I am getting from Susan:
$25.00 Gift Certificate from Bluestone Perennials

I ordered:
1 Josephine Clematis 11.95 @ 1/2 price
1 Rebecca Clematis 14.95 @ 1/2 price
1 Rosemoor Clematis 14.95 @ 1/2 price
All Clematis on Fall back order
Primula Cortusoides Primadiente Siberian Primrose 3/16.95 @ 1/2 price
Primula Capitata Salvana Asiatic Primrose 3/16.95 @ 1/2 price
The Primrose will be shipped next week.
Thank you so much Susan.

Do hope you and Nita both will enjoy your early Birthday's too.

Happy Birthday to Christina tomorrow. Hope your day will be so special that it will be a lasting memory.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 7, 2011
3:31 PM

Post #8616112

Happy♫♪Birthday to Christina, will mail your package tomarrow.
Have a great day...Hugs and nuzzles from Charley...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 7, 2011
3:57 PM

Post #8616151

Just stopped by to say hi to everyone. I'll be MIA for a while..a very,very dear friend passed away yesterday from cancer. I'll be making a trip to Oklahoma City to attend his funeral this coming weekend :(

He and his wife came to be with me when I found Glen in the truck and stayed with me while I was dealing with the police and funeral home. I will never forget that!

He always had a smile on his face..whenever I asked how he was doing, he'd grin even bigger and say "I don't know..go ask Fred" Fred was his nickname for his wife Freedia. I'm going to miss him :(

Take care and I'll be back.. hugs to you all.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 7, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8616169

Bless his heart. You be careful on your trip.
We will be thinking of you...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2011
4:17 PM

Post #8616194

(((Hugs my dear friends, sending you a big one, Chris, at this sad time.)))

Nice picks, Faye. I never knew you were a Primrose fan.

Michelle, I really didn't know til I did a little Googling. Found out some interesting info about Russian Sage, botanical name Perovskia atriplicifolia which isn't a sage but is in the Salvia family. Leaves are poisonous and should not be eaten, but a couple of the articles I read said the blooms are edible and can be used to garnish salads. Several articles mentioned cutting the plant, hanging it upside down til it's dry and using it in potpourri. Now that I could go for. The herb blooms from Spring til Frost and would make a heavenly potpourri at Thanksgiving mixed with citrus peels and cinnamon sticks.

Pic is Tango Lily "Tiger Play" that opened its first bloom today.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 7, 2011
4:35 PM

Post #8616216

Very pretty, is it an oriental Fruity??
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8616365

From what I can gather, Char, it's an Asiatic hybrid. The word "tango" in its name was a new one for me but apparently several different ones in the series were introduced in 1989. I'm so new to Lilies I have to look each one up. Their blooms just don't look real. Do you have any?

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 7, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8616472

thats a gorgeous tango lily! I love tangos. I don't have any but they sure are pretty! Haven't been on lately due to a cat that was dehydrated and needed to be treated for an infestation of roundworms. Must have eaten something bad. Today my mom had to put down her beloved girl Chloe. She was an 8 year old black pomeranian. She will be missed dearly. He other dog 'miss kitty' has been searching all over for her. =( Made her a memorial rock. I'll take a picture of it and post it for you all to see. Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow Christina!

Erin
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 7, 2011
6:39 PM

Post #8616486

Susan, I'm not sure I am a fan of Primrose, don't have any, just saw it and at the time I ordered, (over phone) I didn't have time to really check it out. LOL, ok, I was ordering over the phone and didn't know the Clematis was going to be 1/2 price. To make the order 25.00, I had to order something else. I had seen the Primrose and had the corner of the catalog turned down, in my hurry up mind, the Primrose was chosen. Anyway, knowing it came from you will make it special.
That is a very different and pretty Lily you are showing.
Hello, Nita, hope things are getting better for you, and Chris, you will be missed. Be careful and hurry back to us.
Christina watch your mail!
Hugs to all.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8616573

All you can do is try them, Faye, and see how you like them. The only Primroses I'm growing are Yellow and think they're natives.

I'm so sorry, Erin. My girlfriend has a Pom Corgy mix. She's black too with brown markings and is 8 years old. I swear if anything ever happens to her dog, you might as well bury her too. Putting down a beloved pet is never an easy decision. {{{Hugs}}}

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 8, 2011
12:42 AM

Post #8617040

Hi, all.
Neener, hope you're feeling better soon, and that you had an enjoyable time in your gardens :)
Chris, my deepest sympathies... It sounds like he was a very special friend indeed. Know that we are thinking of you during this time. Travel safe.
Erin, I do hope your cat is feeling much better now. Sorry to hear of your mom's loss. It is always difficult to say good-bye to our four-legged friends. Please pass on my condolences to your mom and some extra pets and hugs for Miss Kitty.
Faye, I almost got some of the Siberian Primrose, too. But I decided to get some plants that would like more shade for now. You'll have to let us know how you like them. Perhaps I'll get some at some point in the future :)
Well, you all take care. Have a great Wednesday!
Michelle
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 8, 2011
12:54 AM

Post #8617045

Christina, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you get to do something special today :)
Oh, and Fruity, that Russian sage WOULD make a lovely potpourri! Will have to consider getting some some time :)
Michelle
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
4:26 AM

Post #8617157

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Christina. Will have something off to you, hopefull before June is over!!!!! :-) Have some swaps I need to send out in June as well.

This is my Monte Negro lily blooming today. Love it!!! Just got the bulbs from the coop this spring.

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
4:29 AM

Post #8617162

Faye ... my math usually is pretty good, but your Bluestone purchases seem to add up to more than what the gift card was. :-) I did that too! Hard to pick just a few. ENJOY!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

June 8, 2011
4:39 AM

Post #8617177

LOL, Fruity is contributing to our addiction. I also ordered mine...got 7 or 8 hydrangeas and some gold bar grass...for some reason I had to pay $26...hmmm.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
4:42 AM

Post #8617179

Good Morning All!!!

Lots to talk about and show this morning! First off. Happy Birthday Christina and I am so glad you decided to stay with us. Lots of goodies should be winging their way to you shortly.

This is a little something to make you smile and to say Happy Birthday from me and my baby girl..

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8617183

GOt my Bluestone stuff yesterday. It all looked great now I just need to plant it without having a heatstroke.

Faye finally got a pic of my early birthday present. These little guys are happy in their new home next you the lilies you gave me and they have good company.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
4:47 AM

Post #8617190

Chris so sorry to hear about your friend. This has been a really bad year all around punctuated by fun, but short respites of meeting new friends. We left the porch light on last night and I found these this morning, Thought of you right off.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
4:49 AM

Post #8617192

And then there are the lilies...

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8617210

LOVE luna moths. They are so beautiful.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8617314

I have this daylily blooming. Nope, don't know name, just that it is very pretty.
Loved the kitty picture.

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2011
6:12 AM

Post #8617366

I have been waiting and anticipating this iris to bloom! Finally it has. I dont know they name cuz the tag blew away in the wind. But its beautiful!

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8617370

Here's another beauty. I thought that I had lost it. Guess I just moved it! lol.

Iris 'Enchanted One'

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8617794

Love that Enchanted Iris Ern.. Those are the kind I'm looking for when I move and can grow them.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2011
9:31 AM

Post #8617845

When are you moving? Maybe my enchanted one will be big enough to split or give you a piece after july.

Erin
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8618153

Erin we won't be moving for a couple of years yet. When hubby really retires for good we will move somewhere with full sun and fewer trees.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
3:57 PM

Post #8618607

Sending the Happiest Birthday Wishes to you, Christina, and Many More! Hope you're out doing something fun. On a hot day like today, a dive in a pool would have been the ticket. Instead I hosed off the grime and sweat, came in, and now have goose bumps under the A/C. Oh well, guess we can't have it both ways and get anything done out there.

Pretty pics everyone. My kitties love Lunar Moths, in the worst kind of way :(

I'm so glad you all have taken advantage of Bluestone's sale and are getting really great buys. My order came today and am in the same boat, Neener. Figured I'd put them in a holding pattern til this gosh awful heat wave breaks.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8618863

My Monte Negro blooming a couple days ago. Have 3 in bloom now.

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
5:51 PM

Post #8618865

For Christina

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
5:51 PM

Post #8618866

This is my little gardening buddy, Polly. Wherever I am, she is, no matter HOW HOT. If I leave her in the house and go out back, she comes out her doggy doors. If I leave her in when I go out front, she sets at the door or window and looks at me. She's my little fat dog...pound puppy. See how she sets, isn't she funny? Not like a normal dog.

Thumbnail by Crit

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2011
6:13 PM

Post #8618905

She is cute. You ought to see my little fat chihuahua. He is cute too. I'll get you a picture.
Wish you could smell this Angel...

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 8, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8618972

Charlene, I wish I had an Angle like that to smell. Spider Mites have ruined mine, and what they didn't do, I did trying to get rid of the mites.
LOL Crit your math is right. That's why me and flower catalogs don't get along. Did the same thing with Breck's and Spring Hill.
Send me to Lowe's so won't have so many choices.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2011
8:25 PM

Post #8619180

Polly is a good girl. And such a sweetheart. My little DGD's woller her to death, and she just eats it up.

Once in a while she will lie down, as long as I don't get up and move very far, then she is up to go with me.

See the heart on her side?

Thumbnail by Crit

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 8, 2011
9:09 PM

Post #8619251

Wow, this forum is jumping! I'm trying to read everyone's posts while I'm fried and tired, lol.

"Thank you" so much everyone for the Birthday wishes! I apologize if I miss replying to anyone's post, am in pain from an old hip injury and tired (wheres that crane and walker Neener, LoL). May not hear from me again until this Saturday (not sure, maybe sooner).

Neeners!!! "Thank you" so much for the home-made, hand-made Wreath. It is colorful and cute! 'Exactly' what this house needs, more color and flowers =], I will be waddling around tomorrow to pick a spot to hang it up. And you sent me another super pretty card, you are great at crafts, and I love the little Ladybug on the back with your signature. Soo sweet. And your cat seems very playful and funny. Love those blue eyes!
Neener, so you all may be looking for a place with more sun and less trees in the future... hmmm, how 'bout Florida?, hehehee.

Fruity, my plants arrived today, Thank you again for that certificate! Right now they are resting in full time shade on my back porch (probably for about 5 days). I will get pics of them when they get blooms on them ;]

Crit, your little pup is truly adorable. She looks soooo happy.

Ok, ready for the photos from my SwampBuggy trip through the forests and fields?? Here we go...

Top left photo: Ok, I was wrong, it was'nt a SwampBuggy, it was a SwampBus. And ignore any typsy Floridians in the photo, LoL.

Top right photo: This was our SwampBus driver, she brought in a baby Alligator for everyone to pet.

Bottom left photo: This is the look a cow gets on it's face when a huge bus full of loud, photo-happy people are parked not that far away. These cattle have the prettiest colors and markings.

Bottom right photo: A Florida deer.

More coming in a few minutes... ...

Thumbnail by LoveForests

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 8, 2011
9:15 PM

Post #8619258

Top photo: This baby calf was born early in the morning that day. They have hundreds to thousands of acres to roam through.

Bottom left photo: Swamp Cypress Trees in the forests (my favorite place to be), except there was'nt any swamp-water, the rains haven't started yet.

Bottom right photo: An old female Panther. Taking her nap during the hot day.

Thumbnail by LoveForests

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 8, 2011
9:27 PM

Post #8619270

Top photos: Cypress trees and Palm trees.

Bottom photos: The winding board-walk through the swamp forest.

P.S., beautiful pictures you all uploaded of gorgeous flowers!

Ok, I'm outta here, time to waddle to bed ;}

Hugs to everyone, have a good Thursday and stay cool.

Thumbnail by LoveForests

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2011
3:16 AM

Post #8619392

Glad you made it by Christina! Hope it was a happy day. SOrry to hear about the hip. I think I have a walker you can borrow. :0)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2011
4:09 AM

Post #8619450

So sorry about you hip Christina! I have empathy for you with my joint issues.

GREAT pictures. I love cypress trees. So glad you got to do this, looks like fun, even with tipsy tourists. lol

Those cattle are Texas (or Florida? lol) Longhorns. Baby calves are so precious! I loved having bucket calves when my kids were growing up. They were so much fun. Cattle have a rough tongue like a cat, and the babies thought we were thier momma's.

Does the panther live out in the glades? Looks like she is back in a cave or something.

Have a great "Day after your birthday" :-~

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2011
6:44 AM

Post #8619698

Thanks for all the great Pictures. So glad you enjoyed your ride. Yep, my Back hurts sometimes, hope your hip gets better.
Should get my package tomarrow.
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 9, 2011
1:34 PM

Post #8620540

Hehehee, Thank you Neener. We really outta try getting two walkers so we would'nt have to borrow the same one all the time, lol.

Patti, heheee, most of the slightly tipsy Florida tourists were off the buss at the time of that photo, walking on the board walk.
That panther is in captivity, outdoors, (she was probably injured in the past and they decided to keep her there). I think they said she is 17 years old. She is sleeping in a wooden lean-to, or what ever you call them. There are still a few Panthers left roaming free out in the glades and central Florida. I was told I should definitely try coming back to that place right after the rainy season ends, because there will be tons more animals, wildlife and water then. Maybe in the middle of November.
Those longhorns are beautiful, they come in orange and white or black and white some with lots of spots. Good possibility they are Texas Longhorns, I was too busy concentrating on getting photos so I'm not sure about everything the Tour Guide said about them.

Thank you Charlene, you are sweet :] I will look out for it tomorrow.
Today is a cloudy day (finally) I'm sooo happy, feels much better out there, :]

Thumbnail by LoveForests

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2011
4:38 PM

Post #8620794

Thanks for the virtual tour, Christina. Sounds like you and the group had a blast and you took a bunch of great photos. That last cow looks like her nose and ears were painted and the artist used the left-over black paint to spatter the rest of her. Cool!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2011
5:55 PM

Post #8620971

lol @ Fruitloop
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2011
6:07 PM

Post #8620993

Wow, Christina - LOVE your pictures and the one of the calf and mom is precious! Sounds like you had a good day; are you going to go back in November? You've got some great shots there. That sounds like a fun tour - I'd like to do something like that at least once. What is the weather like there right now? And are you ahead of the season as far as heat or is it pretty much the same there throughout the summer season? Sorry I didn't get on to wish you a happy day yesterday, more problems with my brother so iwas tied up all day. I'll be sending your card out in the morning.

According to the weather people we are supposed to have a cold front come through on Saturday and back to normal temps for this area most of next week - high 70's, not high 90's - yay! It was 85 here the other night at 10:30 - I can't ever remember it being that hot that time of night, even in the middle of summer. Weird, weird weather this past year.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8620994

DI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you were here I would HUG YOUR NECK!!!!! I received my birthday box today and she send me a bulb auger! I'm so excited! Can't wait until fall to use it! I'll be using it to dig more than just bulb holes with the dirt we have around here. Will post a pic of the card and the auger tomorrow.

Thank you Di!!!!!!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2011
6:25 PM

Post #8621025

LOL Crit...you're a true gardener. No one else would get so excited over a bulb auger - hee hee. I remembered you wanting one in one of the earlier swaps and went to get you one and couldn't find one anywhere. Those things were all over the bigbox stores here in March. The guy said they were on backorder and he just called me a few days ago to say he had some more. Susie uses them for all kinds of things - weeding, planting. bulbs, you name it. They're great for clay though and bulbs are a breeze with them - enjoy, lady! And happy bday almost a month late {{{Patti}}}
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 9, 2011
8:39 PM

Post #8621313

It's ok Di, take your time with things. I hope things go better for your Brother soon. The temps have been around 91-97 (heat index sometimes gets high), and 92-95 with 100% humidity is supposed to be the norm for the whole summer. So when November gets here things will get more enjoyable. I hope to very much go back to that huge forest and ranch. I think they have a hiking trail there, but when it's warm out, people prefer to sit on the bus. Usually many types of birds, deer, wild hogs/boars, insects, swamp areas, etc are there, but since we haven't been having a quick downpour every other day those animals just are'nt around yet. The lightening storms with the weird clouds are exciting here though and fun to photograph, providing you don't get struck, heh. I'm weird though, I'll put myself through heck alot of times in order to get a photo of something. You should go on one Di. If you do, let me know how it went and don't forget to take pics :]
Oh yeah, and I'll try to get a photo of a snake if I go back there again, hehehe, you could then show the pic to your Hubby when your miffed at him, lol.

I agree Fruity, that longhorn cow has quite a paint job :] They are a walking work of art.

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 9, 2011
9:07 PM

Post #8621350

Oh Fruity, you like reptiles right? I forgot I had this photo I took in my front yard (he scared the cwap outta me)...

Top photo: Black Racer snake.

Middle photo: Tiny baby Ring-Necked snake, (the birds pecked at him and he was found dead in this position).

Bottom photo: Ever seen two crabs dancing? Hehee.

Thumbnail by LoveForests

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 10, 2011
12:46 AM

Post #8621543

Hi, all.
Christina, all those photos sound neat! Thanks for the picture captions :) Oh, I do hope you get to go again! And hope your hip feels better soon.
Di, Wow! 85 degrees at 10:30 at night? Where did spring go? Definitely been funny weather.
Have a great Friday!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2011
3:45 AM

Post #8621607

Christina you need to do a snake alert when you post those pictures. Otherwise Fruit Loop with have a heart attack and we will be down another club member. Hee Hee...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2011
4:08 AM

Post #8621632

Quick, get the smelling salts ... I think fruity fainted!!!!

The news said it was 102* at 12:42 a.m. the other morning when there was a 'heat blast' after a thunderstorm, then it dropped back down to around 80*. This weather really has me concerned. If you've read Revelations you will understand what I mean.

Have a blessed day everyone!
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 10, 2011
6:39 AM

Post #8621834

LOL!!!! I teared-up laughing so hard.

Oh my Gosh! I forgot Fruity was'nt the one who said they like snakes, LOL. I got the wrong person, I am so sorry about that Fruity. I did'nt do that on purpose, it was an honest mistake. Who in the past said they like snakes? Was it Di? My memory is terrible sometimes.
Fruity, close your eyes, ignore those previous snake photos I uploaded lastnight. LoL.

Dang Patti, you better use that pool often if the temps are going to be that high this summer. Our water-table keeps going down. A few people in our county ran out of water completely (they have private wells).

Ummm, is this what Fruity is going to look like right before her heart attack, after viewing the snake photos?? ...

Thumbnail by LoveForests

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 10, 2011
6:42 AM

Post #8621837

LoL, Or... is it going to be more like this ...

Thumbnail by LoveForests

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2011
6:51 AM

Post #8621852

OMG!!!! I'm laughing so hard I can't type!! I like snakes, can't remember who else does.

Right now I am not a happy camper. For the third time in less than a week I have picked up something outside and nearly grabbed a black widow spider. This has been going on around here for years and one of these days my luck is gonna run out. The one this morning was guarding a big egg sack so I managed to dispatch both the mother and kin. ACK!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 10, 2011
7:09 AM

Post #8621898

LOL Christina!! Yep, I like snakes too - poor DH, I won't let him see your pics, he's as bad as Fruity about them. I hate, hate, hate spiders, though, and would not like to be in Neener's shoes - yuck! Kill those suckers, Neener - you go, girl!

Patti, I was watching the Weather Channel about that weird heat blast last night; I guess that's a really odd, rare occurence. I watched a show on the National Geographic channel the other night called 'Stormageddon' about global warming, weird weather of the past year, and what may happen in the future with our climate. It was really interesting but it sounds like this strange weather of the past few years is just the start of the way things will be because of global warming. Very dire, to say the least.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 10, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8621969

I like snakes too. Seen 2 garter snakes in the garden so far this year.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2011
8:49 AM

Post #8622121

We don't abuse any critters. They were here before we were.
Neener, you like frogs too?? I love frogs and toads and lizards and just about everything as long as it doesn't bother me. then I'd probably just run away from it...Be careful of the spiders. I'm more afraid of the Brown recluse, after I got bit. Not fun!!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2011
9:48 AM

Post #8622201

ROFLMBO ... oh Christina ... you are toooooo funny!!!!! Those are hilarious ... and probably right on the mark!!! I don't mind pictures of them, but keep those crawly, un-natural things that move with no legs AWAY from ME!

I snatched a little frog out of my pool the other day, and yesterday I snatched a lizard. Must of been a salamandor or 'water dog' as I knew them growing up, because he was under the water holding onto the side of the pool. Actually, Polly saw him first. When she starts pacing back and forth and looking over the ledge it is usually a frog, this was my first lizard in the pool, although we have them all over. He just looked at me like "What are we gonna do now?" I turned him loose in the rocks around one of my fountains.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2011
10:15 AM

Post #8622235

Char I love those lizards, frogs, toads and any other critter. I hear you on the spiders. They seem to be worse this year. Probably all the rain earlier this Spring. As usual we had monsoon season followed by a week now with nary a drop. Wouldn't you know that they finally fixed my gutters on Monday from the tree damage after I missed 3 months of rain. Now I have both rain barrels hooked up and not a drop.
Such is life...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2011
10:40 AM

Post #8622274

I found a toad in my goldfish pool, I took him out and set him on ground. This makes second time. I got to watch it to be sure he doesn't drown. I have several toads, got to be sure Abigail (chicken) doesn't see them. She will grab them and run off and try to kill them. i don't like that!! Feel like booting her chicken butt!!!!
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 10, 2011
10:44 AM

Post #8622280

Hmmm, Patti has herself a frog and lizard pool, Neener has a spider-grabbin-habit and Fruity's gonna kick my arse for makin' fun of her today, lol ... Ya'll are just too cool, and funny! ;}

I think I've 'laughed-cried' too much this morning, lol :]

Neener, I did'nt know Black Widows were in Virginia. When I was in a different house here in Florida about 3 years ago, the house was surrounded with them, (in the porch, the garage and the mailbox). I moved out of that rental house in 8 months. Those widows lay white bumpy egg sacks. A soaking of insect or wasp-spray will do them in.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 10, 2011
11:37 AM

Post #8622338

We don't have Black Widows here in Ohio but we do have the Brown Recluse. One almost took my daughter's leg off when she was two. It bit her calf while she was playing in a sand box - it was hiding under the ledge of the seat when she sat down. It turned so red and nasty that we took her to the hospital that night and it took the grace of God and eight months of treatment before we knew for sure she would keep her leg. I don't kill spiders outside but you can bet if they're in my house they're dead. And if I see a Brown Recluse? You can bet it's a goner - I never want anyone to go through what we went through with our daughter.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2011
11:38 AM

Post #8622340

Christina I didn't know we had them either until about 8 years ago. Right after we got our dog when she was a puppy I remember seeing the first one along the edge of the siding out front. I am fascinated by them and scared sh**less at the same time. :0)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2011
11:39 AM

Post #8622342

WOW Di. I knew they were bad. Especially for a child or an elderly person. My MIL got bitten once and it wasn't pretty.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 10, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8622344

Our smooth collie, Oreo, likes to chase the wild rabbits that run through our yard and out into the fields. I'm always yelling at her about it. The weird thing is that we raise rabbits - have for years - and I can take one out of the cage and she is the most protective animal of them. Mine are a bit bigger and differently colored than the wild ones and I guess that makes all the difference.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 10, 2011
11:42 AM

Post #8622346

Yep, Neener, they're bad news. She still has a nasty looking scar on her leg from the bite, all the drainings and stitches.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8622374

I have a scar on my inside thigh right behind knee where one got me at inventory one year. Yep, they are terrible scars. Had an old friend who had a scar in middle of her forehead where one bit her. made a terrible scar.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 10, 2011
7:10 PM

Post #8623123

Christina!!!!! No box yet? Was mailed Tues.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2011
7:38 PM

Post #8623183

I've seen some terrible picture from brown recluse bites. And limbs with huge chunks out of them where the skin all around the bite rotted and fell out. We have centepieds (the great big ugly ones!!!)and scorpions here. We have the house sprayed every three months.
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 10, 2011
8:30 PM

Post #8623274

Oh my Gosh, I'm getting the heebee geebees now, I'm going to be looking around like crazy for spiders, every time I go in my garage.
Please, no one get bit by spiders anymore, ok?

Faye, I peaked out where my delivery guy usually puts packages (near my front door, under an overhang), but seen nothing. If it's in my mailbox I won't be heading to the mailbox until tomorrow evening or sometime on Sunday (I'm actually house & bed-ridden right now, I'm not walking around much at all, because I'm still in pain). Haven't been outside to do anything. If it's in the mailbox no one will take it, I promise you.
I'm very sorry about that. I will look outside my front door again tomorrow afternoon and evening.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 11, 2011
1:03 AM

Post #8623405

Hi, all.
Oh, Christina, I do hope you feel better soon! Glad you're still able to join us on the forum :)
Even if you don't like looking at spiders, be thankful that you can see them before you touch them. I'm thankful we don't have black widows or brown recluses here where I am. Of course, we do still have your regular, run-of-the-mill spider around, and I do so dislike sticking my hand in their webs!
Ah, Christina, too bad I couldn't see those pictures of "how Fruity might look when she sees the snake photos" :)
Fruity, we do hope you'll still come visit with us all even though those snakes slithered their way in :) Really, none of us including Christina know HOW that happened! LOL
Di, your comments about your dog chasing the wild rabbits but not the ones you've raised reminds me of my second guide dog. Only, for her, it was with cats... When I got her, I asked for a dog that got along with cats because my mother-in-law had one or two and, after having a dog that scared them all away (she desperately wanted to be their friend, was fascinated by them, but didn't know how not to scare them away), I thought it would be fun to have one that got along with them. I was told that my second guide had been raised with cats, so you'd think she'd get along with them, but... Well, for several years, I was puzzled because she always tried to chase my mother-in-law's cats. She never got far, because she was always on leash around them, but still, she'd try. And then, we visited my friend Chris and her mom in Oregon. Most of their cats ran when my dog barked and tried to chase them, but one just sat there. I'm sure she was saying, "Big deal. You're a dog. So what." And my dog? She just sat down or laid down and left her alone! It was SO COOL! I later learned from her puppy raiser that my guide did get along fine with their cats, but she was allowed to chase away any neighbor cats that came into the yard. Once I knew that, her behavior made total sense... In her mind, the cats that ran away clearly didn't belong, but the cats that just sat there and said, "So what?" obviously belonged, no matter what mom said! :)
Thankfully, my previous and current dogs do much better around cats. :) I still don't get to pet cats much, though. You know, something about a big dog sitting next to me... :) But I had a special treat the other weekend. We were visiting some friends, and one of their cats decided it was safe enough to come visit, so I got to pet him a bit! And my dog was very well behaved. He looked, but stayed laying down. Was so proud of him!
Michelle
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 11, 2011
3:35 PM

Post #8624444

Ok all you wonderful Ladies, I made it to my mailbox a few hours ago. Faye's and Char's packages arrived.
And I have pics of everything. Thank you so so much you guys. You all are so thoughtful, giving and talented.

Faye gave me a beautiful Hummingbird feeder that is mesmerizing to look at. "Thank you so much Faye!! I have never owned a Hummingbird feeder before. I will hang this outside near my front window tomorrow and watch it sparkle =]
And she sent a very cute card as well. Thank you.

Thumbnail by LoveForests

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 11, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8624458

Charlene sent some very cute things ... Three very cute and pretty hand-made sculptures. One is a very cute Charley Head and he is wearing glasses so he can block out the Florida sun, LoL :] The other one is a pretty Sea Dragon or Lockness Monster, wow what an awesome job you did on him Char. And the third one is an Elephant Head and he is holding a clear gazing ball on the end of his trunk, sooo cute!! They are all awesome Char. And she also sent two pot-holders, two hand clothes with Roosters on them, a neck scarf that you wet with water and put around your neck, a pair of kitchen scissors, and three tiny plants (which I won't be photographing them yet until a week from now, they are resting in bright shade. They actually survived being in my mailbox).

"Thank you" sooo much Char, that was too generous!!

Thumbnail by LoveForests

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 11, 2011
4:01 PM

Post #8624464

And a Thank you to Neener again for the gift and very pretty card she sent me a few days ago. The wreath she made is so bright, colorful and pretty, full of fabric flowers. And the card is so beautiful and has the adorable Ladybug she made, on the back of the card.
"Thank you" again Neener, you are so awesome!

You all have made this the best B-day I've ever had, no joke :]

Thumbnail by LoveForests

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2011
4:35 PM

Post #8624515

So glad you liked everything. makes it all worth it...
LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 11, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8624572

Michelle, I hope Fruity does'nt stay away now either, lol. I promise not to upload a pic of a snake ever again without a warning first :]
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 11, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8624618

LOL...I'm here and NO I didn't enlarge the snakes photo. Got the bejeebies looking at the thumbnail. Wow I got so far behind here. I did see the funny faces you made and your newest pressies. I swear you crack me up and am glad you're feeling a tad better.

So what's everybody doing in your gardens or have blooming?

Last night's rainbow after our storm passed spanned across the whole horizon. I got under the eave of our back porch, trying to avoid the rain but still managed to get a couple of drops on the lens. Makes me wonder if there were two pots of gold.

LoveForests
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 11, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8624683

Yayyy! Fruity's back, with no heart-attack ;]
Pretty photo of a full Rainbow and pink sky, Fruit. It's pretty to look at.
It's dang near impossible to not get any rain on the camera during a storm outside, even under an eve.

Haven't heard from Hope43 in a while. Hope you're doing ok and getting rest. Am thinking of you.

I better get to doing some dishes and a bit of cleaning. You all have a good night and a sweet Sunday.

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2011
10:55 AM

Post #8625695

Christina, Hi, when get out to tests at hosp. tomorrow will get it mailed or tuesday morning.. sorry its late.. Hope was a wonderful one and there will be so many mre to so i won't be late the next ones.. i like lady bugs to wreaths are so nice to have and so pretty..

thinking of everyone ..
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2011
2:48 PM

Post #8626051

WOW CHristina is having a great birthday!!

Char your little figures are really looking like fun. And another Charley too! Just had a little rain go by here 3/10 of an inch. Not much, but I'll take it. Guess it is time to start a new thread. Let me see if I can make that happen.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2011
2:52 PM

Post #8626054

New Thread:: Come on down!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1189198/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1189198/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America