Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Fun Feature: Dave's Garden Road Trip!: LOLOL

Communities > Forums > Article: Fun Feature: Dave's Garden Road Trip!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fun Feature: Dave's Garden Road Trip!Replies: 2, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

May 30, 2011
4:03 AM

Post #8596064

Now that's some professional status car packing!
One of the main reasons I own a Scion XB is that, with the back seats flipped frontward, and the passenger side seat scooted as far forward as it will go, it will carry precisely the amount of garden booty (bagged mulch, plants, etc.) that I am inclined to feel like unloading after a successful nursery crawl! I used to measure proper vehicle size by the number of friends and camping gear I could haul to a national park. I still use friends as a measure, but the friends I haul are green now. (0:

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2011
5:35 AM

Post #8596213

It was a sight to behold...I was extremely impressed!
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

May 30, 2011
5:09 PM

Post #8597797

One should never underestimate the importance of air conditioning for those babies either!
Pickups just don't cut it.
Got to have a mobile greenhouse with "louvered" side windows and maybe even a sun roof.
(Ever notice that avid gardeners always have green thumbs, dirt under their fingernails, and a little potting soil embedded in their floor mats?)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fun Feature: Dave's Garden Road Trip! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Makes me want to do it all over again ! slcdms 3 Jul 4, 2011 10:32 AM
I miss Yall!!! jeri11 0 May 28, 2011 5:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America